Contact us

NSC Chat Box

Veliky

It's ok I guess.

Fearnavigatr

A new country is not:
- player rejoining NSC under old name (eg Kamande)
- country changing name (eg Tuzi)
- country changing ownership (eg Aimulli)
- any combination of above (eg UEHPX)
I would like to point out though that "fusion nations" such as UEHPX, Comodina, Maccha-Brugia et al. have usually been a special case. They do indeed inherit/continue the results and statistics of one nation and do not start from a blank slate, but they're treated as a new separate nation for history purposes such as Congrats/Absolutely Everybody eligibility.

My Star

I would like to point out though that "fusion nations" such as UEHPX, Comodina, Maccha-Brugia et al. have usually been a special case. They do indeed inherit/continue the results and statistics of one nation and do not start from a blank slate, but they're treated as a new separate nation for history purposes such as Congrats/Absolutely Everybody eligibility.

Every part of the above conversation is why I love this community.

dogmeat

But UEHPX was not a fusion nation. Xanadu was not in NSC at that point, therefore it's technically the same as if Sarp invited his grandma to join Prasia.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
But UEHPX was not a fusion nation. Xanadu was not in NSC at that point, therefore it's technically the same as if Sarp invited his grandma to join Prasia.

Yes, exactly the same, except for the fact that the nation's name literally has 'Xanadu' in it, and Mackan himself was directly involved :unsure: For that matter, Comodina was formed after Medina had already left the contest too. If neither of those are fusion nations, then the definition of a 'fusion nation' is very lacking

Fearnavigatr

If Sarp's Grandma previously had a nation in NSC and Prasia/Leylâ invited her, changing the name to reflect her previous NSC history, then sure, it'd be the same.

One active nation absorbs a defunct nation, that's literally what all of them are, regardless if the fusion happened concurrently with the withdrawal or not. But in the interest of fair play, that's also why they're only counted separately in instances where it doesn't really matter to the main contest, while for statistics and PQs it's always treated the same as just a name change for the "parent nation".

Why? Because this was the precedent set by the first fusion, Maccha-Brugia, back in the early days when we mostly made up our rules as we went, and everyone just went along with it.

This set up kind of falls outside of the contest rules' actual jurisdiction, it's more of a role-play lore and spin-off matter. Be my guest though if you want to push for a change or more official clarification.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Can't wait to cause even more confusion for you all by inviting back Mooseland & Zaprya to form the United States of MoisantiMoosePrya :lol:

Wish my brain had time to process all this stuff but I'm happy just discovering new tunes and pushing for those PQ spots. Also if it's someone's own stats for their nation's performance and for their own reference, surely they can feel free to make up their own criteria for classifying the nations? Like has been said, it's not anything official and is just something additional out with the regular contest rules that doesn't affect anyone xup

pras

Prasia/Leylâ is the only predecessor and successor of UEoHPAX for me. I do consider the Prasia/UEoHPAX/Leylâ periods as one unit and idependent from my own forum account&personal character etc. So I would add UEoHPAX votes to the Prasia/Leylâ column if I had any type of cumulative scoreboards. But it's just my point of view :giggle:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Prasia/Leylâ is the only predecessor and successor of UEoHPAX for me. I do consider the Prasia/UEoHPAX/Leylâ periods as one unit and idependent from my own forum account&personal character etc. So I would add UEoHPAX votes to the Prasia/Leylâ column if I had any type of cumulative scoreboards. But it's just my point of view :giggle:
Yay so my instinct was correct! :giggle: Now please come back to us!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
someone: a
me: did you knOW WE HAVE A NF NOW PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tenor.gif

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I've been playing around and made a few updates.

First of all, everyone currently on the roster and WL should now have access to the NSC private forum after I overhauled the outdated list we had.

Secondly, anyone who is also in this category can now tag members and send notifications which previously did not work properly for sending voting reminders etc. Please do not abuse this as I will remove this again for anyone who doesn't use it sparingly...

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I've been playing around and made a few updates.

First of all, everyone currently on the roster and WL should now have access to the NSC private forum after I overhauled the outdated list we had.

Secondly, anyone who is also in this category can now tag members and send notifications which previously did not work properly for sending voting reminders etc. Please do not abuse this as I will remove this again for anyone who doesn't use it sparingly...

Thank you Sean! xbowxbowxbow

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
inspired by other players posting theirs, here is Solentoyas voting since debut:

Some of the red 0s to show other finalist may possibly be wrong, but idc enough to double check and fix it. I have my semi votes recorded also, but not quite up to date.

theditz83

Veteran
Chat Box reboot :eek:

For those that may not check that section of the forum regularly, you may be unaware that NSC's little sibling, the beautiful WLSC, celebrates its 200th edition this coming weekend when we will visit Utopolis for the first time.

In the interests of camaraderie and 'cos we love nothing more than a good celebration, I'd like to invite all past and present NSC nations to join this special anniversary edition of WLSC with us all. We already have ::tro on board as well as regular honorary WLSC participants ::moi ::sol ::ros ::ems ::tan and ::ous so the more the merrier!

You can post your entries in the registration thread >>here<< or send the details in a new conversation to the show host Uto.

In addition, Moisantia is celebrating our WLSC heritage with a 20-song Mega NF for WLSC 200 - we've invited back 20 previous WLSC competitors to battle it out for a second chance at glory, so if you have some time please check it out and send me your votes (heck, there's even a recap video, cos recap voting is back baby!). Link for the NF >>here<<

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
In the interests of camaraderie and 'cos we love nothing more than a good celebration, I'd like to invite all past and present NSC nations to join this special anniversary edition of WLSC with us all.
All of us listening through 80+ WLSC entries.

7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Myself and @Schlagerman1 had a re-listen of a classic NSC final on Skype last night and it was a lot of fun! So I've decided to make #NSCAgain a thing.

If you want to join us and re-listen to a classic NSC final song by song then come join us on Skype next Sunday 12th July at 19:00 CEST!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Don't forget this evening we will hold our first #NSCAgain on Skype at 19:00 CEST!

Your first hint is that the edition was held no later than 2012...

Top Bottom