Contact us

NSC Chat Box

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Going through my own 12 pointers would kind of be an uninteresting affair since we all know what the majority of them would be. :lol:
Although it could be interesting to find out how many 12 pointers were given to other nations.

dogmeat

Going through my own 12 pointers would kind of be an uninteresting affair since we all know what the majority of them would be. :lol:
Although it could be interesting to find out how many 12 pointers were given to other nations.
::tro just reached #1 on both my received and given points rankings (finals only)
xiTNVJE.png

vIlF7N8.png

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
::tro just reached #1 on both my received and given points rankings (finals only)
Whoa! That's amazing! xbow xheat

Since Saturday I've been in the process of going through my own votes to compile all the points given to nations in both the semi-finals and the finals. Will definitely post once it's finished. Although I think I will combine the nations that have changed their names into one and the same, since it's still the same player.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Ooh, I didn't know you could post big images like that here. In that case, here's the same for ::bal (last updated after NSC 179) ;)
Stole the idea from @dogmeat several years ago, which is also why there's similarities in the design. My received chart is a bit emptier tho. :p

latest

latest

::cyd, ::rum and ::ugl all in the top 6 in both charts. :D (Top 3 all different tho, and both leaders are inactive Z nations)

Although I think I will combine the nations that have changed their names into one and the same, since it's still the same player.
I've done the same. :)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Ooh, I didn't know you could post big images like that here. In that case, here's the same for ::bal (last updated after NSC 179) ;)
Stole the idea from @dogmeat several years ago, which is also why there's similarities in the design. My received chart is a bit emptier tho. :p

latest

latest

::cyd, ::rum and ::ugl all in the top 6 in both charts. :D (Top 3 all different tho, and both leaders are inactive Z nations)

that 10 average tho xbow

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

latest

latest

I'm curious, what do the stars next to the nation names mean?

Morty

Although I will go one step further I think and even add United Empire of Holy Prasia & Xanadu to my Prasia/Leylâ score, because Xanadu was never on its own during my time on the WL or the roster.
Makes sense, but as far as I remember, they voted together as UEOHPAX, which means it's only 50% genuine Prasian votes. That's why I separated it from Prasia/Leylâ. But I remember being in doubt about this one.

Last edited:

Veliky

I'm trying to find a method that would fairly represent points given and received by combining both semi-finals and finals.

As a very exaggerated exemple : if I only count the points given/received in finals, and let's say I've only managed to reach 1 final in my entire NSC history (which is not far from the truth BUT STILL...), I wouldn't want to diminish all the countries that have given me points in the semi-finals by not counting them.

And if I combine semi-finals and finals : let's say country A has given me 12 points in a final but wasn't in my semi final (and therefore couldn't have given me any points). Country B gave me 10 points in both semi-finals and final. Wouldn't that be unfair that country B's points are double counted for this edition?

I can't seem to wrap my head around a fair system. And apart from quick mental calculations, I'm terrible at complex math problems. Any ideas?

Last edited:

dogmeat

@Veliky only count the higher score from semi/final?

@Morty @Stargazer I follow the official rules, according to which a new country is a player joining NSC under new country name (eg Amhr). A new country is not:
- player rejoining NSC under old name (eg Kamande)
- country changing name (eg Tuzi)
- country changing ownership (eg Aimulli)
- any combination of above (eg UEHPX)

Last edited:

Veliky

I've thought of calculating the average score (let's say you gave me 12 in semifinal, and 6 in final, which would give a 9 point average). But then, this problem came up: what if you gave me 12 in semifinal, and 0 in final... that would still give a 12 point average? Or 0?

Morty

@Morty @Stargazer I follow the official rules, according to which a new country is a player joining NSC under new country name (eg Amhr). A new country is not:
- player rejoining NSC under old name (eg Kamande)
- country changing name (eg Tuzi)
- country changing ownership (eg Aimulli)
- any combination of above (eg UEHPX)
When it comes to Amhr, I'm a rebel. I know Amhr was supposed to be treated as a completely different nation from 10ROM, but it was still the same person behind it, and I go by person(s) on this one. But then Aimulli messes up that, by changing owner... Who said this was supposed to be easy? :p
When it comes to Kamandé, it was actually a new nation in NSC 57, since he had previously been in NSC as Orovoda. Dunno what he used during the WL period tho...
When it comes to Prasia/Xanadu, I've noticed that I've treated them different to Leonesia & St. Lotus, and Srivijaya & Sasentia. If it hadn't been for my final in NSC 66, where Xanadu gave me 0 points, I'd probably have put the United Empire under Prasia instead. And if I had joined in NSC 37, or St. Lotus had stayed until NSC 43, that would have been a similar case as well.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I was about to ask why I have a star next to mine, but then I remembered "Hielito" was a thing :lol:
Yeah, Hielito is the reason. ;) ZEgreen Island (NBS), Groonrorm (Sillycone Valley) and Lacreus are other one-off specials. :)

Veliky

Kamandéan top 10 given points (semi-finals points are worth 50 % of their value):
01Rumia259
02Vylkuzeme150
03Trollheimr147
04Ujedinjeni Gvozd141
05Fervorosia139
06Kordavian Islands128
07Roseland120
08Ugaly117
09QuiénDQ116
10Balearica Island115

Top 10 received points:
01Rumia234
02Vylkuzeme186
03Trollheimr170
04Balearica Island124
05Ugaly117
06Yaponesia115
07Zombira114
08Noizeland103
09Sakuralia98
10Ujedinjeni Gvozd93

Rumia love story.
And Ugaly having the same amount received and given.

That's all. xdance

Top Bottom