Contact us

NSC Chat Box

Fearnavigatr

Another batch bringing us up through NSC 58 and 120 all the way to 142!... Almost! The final of 142 was just about too large to fit.

In fact, only 58 was small enough, the last recaps I made in standard definition with my trusty Windows XP edition of Movie Maker. Also the last recaps I made for several years. When I finally went at it again, I had moved on to Adobe Premiere and full HD, making even a single recap a bit too large for Vimeo's rather stingy upload limit. So call me wasteful, but this time I splurged on a one-month plus membership to make sure the later recaps can be fully enjoyed in their 1080p glory!

So when 142's final is uploaded next week, this channel will have all the regular edition recaps ever produced by Lurkovision (so far)! It's only fair we'll also start having a look at some spinoff and novelty recaps...

Last edited:

Fearnavigatr

Gonna have to see what else I can find worth uploading that doesn't put me over the 10GB total limit when my Pro membership lapses, but the following recaps are now up:

NSC 142 Final
Congratulations 1
Congratulations 2
Congratulations 3 (notable as the first ever widescreen recap)
Congratulations 4
Congratulations 5 (I've been unable to find the source file for this one, for now it's a low-quality YouTube rip)
NSC ESC 1 spinoff
Movie Themes 1 spinoff
Movie Themes 2 spinoff
80s spinoff (collaboration recap with Yaponesia, Tír an Abhainn, Qele/Waloria, Halito and Noizeland)
Last places NSC 11-20
Last places NSC 21-30

I wanna keep this channel focused on recaps produced and published by Lurkovision, but I've also found a few saved treasures from other nations' recap studios that I will naturally have a look at making available as well in the near future!

Brandt

What is happening to database search page?

Screenshot-2020-10-29-at-17-13-23.png

renzo

The data is still available on google sheets and I accessed the app which generates the database, and all seems fine. Looks like it is a wordpress issue so I would check with the admins (Matt or Sean?). There should be the embedded code for the database in the escunited.com/nsc page but for some reason it is not available anymore.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
The data is still available on google sheets and I accessed the app which generates the database, and all seems fine. Looks like it is a wordpress issue so I would check with the admins (Matt or Sean?). There should be the embedded code for the database in the escunited.com/nsc page but for some reason it is not available anymore.

Seems like there's a more general issue because now www.escunited.com doesn't exist at all, it's just an empty WordPress template.

I guess Matt and Sean probably already know about this by now, but I messaged them anyway.

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
There seems to be an issue with the main site itself but I am not privy to the server/technical/hosting side of things unfortunately, hopefully I can hear from Matt soon

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Hey hey!
I decided to create some kind of a personal NSC radio and to share it. :mrgreen:

[HERE]

xcookie

It includes all the songs I liked/added to my music collection from all the NSC editions I took part in.

- includes overall 553 songs from NSC 148-186 plus my own entries (will be updated after every edition).
- defunct nations are included
- songs I knew (and liked) before they took part in NSC are also included
- WLSC/Spinoffs are not included
- NSC songs of my WL period (NSC 126-147) are not included yet (planning to include them later)
- the songs are not necessarily ones I awarded with points (it depends on how strong final/semi was imo). There may be songs with 0 points (because the final/semi was strong), or on the contrary some songs to which I gave points may be absent (because the final/semi was weak). Well, it's obvious, I guess.
- my music taste can be quite diverse and difficult to explain :mrgreen: , so maybe some songs are quite surprising... Overall there's a huge variety of genres and nations (almost all the nations which participated in NSC 148-186 period are included).
- songs are playing non-stop 24/7. Apart from artist-song, tags include nation names and edition numbers. The order is totally random.

Why did I make that?
I've actually had this huge collection in Apple Music for a long time, but it looked kinda abandoned and I was really missing listening to many of those songs.
I decided to use a convenient and fun way to do it and to remember a lot of great past entries. And of course I'll be happy if at least one person is interested. :)

How to listen:

pjelacki

133/231

totally knew about Phinechendza but none of my spelling attempts were correct :(

poor Volantis, 0% recognition

Rmetr0

78/231, much better than I expected ^^
I'll be honest and say, that I forgot to name 4 active nations, one of which has joined not that long ago, I'm sorry xrose
Named the very first country in the list, feels like an achievement 😎

Also, isn't Llama Republic and Arirang supposed to be one country, or I'm wrong? 😮

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
With a lot them it's extra hard because of the spelling. I'm just thankful Tincheys !%pt# or whatever it was called was included with Illumia. :lol:

Top Bottom