https://www.sendspace.com/file/qaxmp5

1) No NSC 82, 83 and 84 because I didn't take part in those editions
2) NSC 78 folder lacks SF1 REJU and WL scoreboard
3) NSC 80 folder lacks final scoreboard
4) NSC 81 folder lacks WL scoreboard
5) NSC 90 folder lacks SF2 REJU scoreboard
6) NSC 120 folder lacks WL scoreboard
7) NSC 176 folder lacks final scoreboard
8) There might be other missing scoreboards (e.g. NSC 86 and 119 look totally messed up)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I managed to get track of all my points in the finals since I joined (I think it was Pyry or Fearnavigatr who helped me), but by the time I figured out I wanted to do statistics, it wasn't possible to recover all of the semi final votes. Forum change in 2009 (around NSC 43/44), and some of the scoreboards were hosted on pages that didn't store them anymore, and the hosts were no longer active or had deleted them. That's why I only do vote statistics for finals now, as semi statistics would forever be incomplete. :(

LesterMalvo

I unironically went through all the editions since my debut in nsc from 2016 (141) and I couldn't find my 12p only in two editions because in both editions the excel download links are broken and final results were revealed from bottom to top place rather than revealing votes by country at a time. Soo it is almost accurate and since I spent 3 hours with this (thx covid19) why only keep them to myself

And statistically speaking big portion of nations are given 12 only once.

Cherniya x3
Serenes x3

Calypso x2
Doire x2
Fervorosia x2
Papedink x2
New Bander State x2
Noizeland x2

Begonia
Cydoni-Gibberia
Freedomia
Halito
Ic-Sa-Calli
Insomnéa
Jemmiuse
Moisantia
Orangualia
Rahasia-Diati
Rumia
Trash Canyon
Uferbruht
Viola per Sempre
QuienDQ
Vylkuzeme
Waiting Iist
Yaponesia

dogmeat

Going through my own 12 pointers would kind of be an uninteresting affair since we all know what the majority of them would be. :lol:
Although it could be interesting to find out how many 12 pointers were given to other nations.
::tro just reached #1 on both my received and given points rankings (finals only)

Stargazer

Super Moderator
Staff member
::tro just reached #1 on both my received and given points rankings (finals only)
Whoa! That's amazing! xbow xheat

Since Saturday I've been in the process of going through my own votes to compile all the points given to nations in both the semi-finals and the finals. Will definitely post once it's finished. Although I think I will combine the nations that have changed their names into one and the same, since it's still the same player.

Morty

Ooh, I didn't know you could post big images like that here. In that case, here's the same for ::bal (last updated after NSC 179) ;)
Stole the idea from @dogmeat several years ago, which is also why there's similarities in the design. My received chart is a bit emptier tho. :p

::cyd, ::rum and ::ugl all in the top 6 in both charts. :D (Top 3 all different tho, and both leaders are inactive Z nations)

Although I think I will combine the nations that have changed their names into one and the same, since it's still the same player.
I've done the same. :)

anaraqueen

Ooh, I didn't know you could post big images like that here. In that case, here's the same for ::bal (last updated after NSC 179) ;)
Stole the idea from @dogmeat several years ago, which is also why there's similarities in the design. My received chart is a bit emptier tho. :p

::cyd, ::rum and ::ugl all in the top 6 in both charts. :D (Top 3 all different tho, and both leaders are inactive Z nations)

that 10 average tho xbow

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I'm curious, what do the stars next to the nation names mean?

Morty

Although I will go one step further I think and even add United Empire of Holy Prasia & Xanadu to my Prasia/Leylâ score, because Xanadu was never on its own during my time on the WL or the roster.
Makes sense, but as far as I remember, they voted together as UEOHPAX, which means it's only 50% genuine Prasian votes. That's why I separated it from Prasia/Leylâ. But I remember being in doubt about this one.

Last edited:

Veliky

I'm trying to find a method that would fairly represent points given and received by combining both semi-finals and finals.

As a very exaggerated exemple : if I only count the points given/received in finals, and let's say I've only managed to reach 1 final in my entire NSC history (which is not far from the truth BUT STILL...), I wouldn't want to diminish all the countries that have given me points in the semi-finals by not counting them.

And if I combine semi-finals and finals : let's say country A has given me 12 points in a final but wasn't in my semi final (and therefore couldn't have given me any points). Country B gave me 10 points in both semi-finals and final. Wouldn't that be unfair that country B's points are double counted for this edition?

I can't seem to wrap my head around a fair system. And apart from quick mental calculations, I'm terrible at complex math problems. Any ideas?

Last edited:

dogmeat

@Veliky only count the higher score from semi/final?

@Morty @Stargazer I follow the official rules, according to which a new country is a player joining NSC under new country name (eg Amhr). A new country is not:
- player rejoining NSC under old name (eg Kamande)
- country changing name (eg Tuzi)
- country changing ownership (eg Aimulli)
- any combination of above (eg UEHPX)

Last edited:

Veliky

I've thought of calculating the average score (let's say you gave me 12 in semifinal, and 6 in final, which would give a 9 point average). But then, this problem came up: what if you gave me 12 in semifinal, and 0 in final... that would still give a 12 point average? Or 0?

Top Bottom