Contact us

NSC 49 B Final - Opposite of Basics FTW! Results!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
[center:2907qciy]
logo-2.png

Hello and welcome the the B Final of NSC 49 hosted here in Cydoni-Gibberia! :mrgreen: 16 songs compete here after being eliminated from the main show, and they want a second chance at getting a good result! But only one song can win this show, and your votes will decide which song deserves the crown. So, without further ado, let's hear the songs competing to be the best of those left behind :cool:

That was the show! Now it's time to vote for your favourites. Vote in ESC style (12, 10, 8-1) via PM to me by Wednesday 17th March 2010, 17:00 CET and the results will be later that night! :p

Any participants here will also recieve an extra 12 as an incentive to vote, so get your votes in for an extra bonus :p[/center:2907qciy]

Bojan

Re: NSC 49 B Final - Opposite of Basics FTW!

:eek: b final start before the a final :eek:
hands down for that :mrgreen:
gonna try to vote here!

No Name

Now that the grand finalé seems to be delayed for a little while I'll try to vote here too. :)

Ehm, by the way...I know this may sound extremely unrealistic considering the deadline, so please don't take this as a suggestion. It's rather more an experimental thought that occured to me. I think that the B-final would be both funnier and more prestigeful if the winner was allowed a place in the final. I'm aware that the reju-qualifiers are already having the same type of "wildcard-previlege", but this B-final could really grow bigger (plus you'll probably experience a major increase in number of voters compared to last time) if rules like this were introduced. :p

No Name

94ayd said:
Like a second-chance round. :D Sounds great to me!

Yeah, but that would require some kind of permanent delay of the real final in order to make room for this B-final in the NSC-schedule, and I doubt everyone would be up to that idea. :?

No Name

It would definitely be possible. I believe it's only a matter of motivation. In addition such a second-chance round should only be running for about 2-3 days imo.

takeru

Interesting idea, but timing certainly does play a key role, as already said.

Also, it's been an issue before, that even though it's coincidental that some of the most active voters here have similar music taste, people have accused these optional events of less voters as being "biased" (of course I don't agree with this accusation, but I can see it becoming an issue).

There's also the thing about creating yet another thing to organise for the host/someone else (in the same vein as rejus and WLvotes). It becomes a lot and hard to keep track of.

Finally, having an extra nation qualify from here would mean there's one entry in the final that we know did comparatively worse compared to the other nations. Also, the fact that the nation that qualified from the B-Final will be exposed may cause people against the idea to purposefully vote against it. It promotes a bit of bias, even if it's unintentional.

It's interesting though, and if it's met with mostly positive reactions, it could be good :p

As for the B-Final, Yaponesia will vote :D Though I hope the deadline will be extended this time if people forget about it or something :p

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

In addition, if this happened there would either have to be one less qualifier from one of the semis, which would be unfair since one semi would have more qualifiers than the other, or there would have to be 29 finalists every edition, which is possible but i know some people would be against that because it doesn't follow the usual rule of 28 in a final.

But interesting idea.

EDIT: @takeru: I'm sure the person who qualified from the B-Final would be satisfied that they got a second chance in the first place. Any bias against them is a possibility that comes with the deal. But i think you'll probably often find that this new qualifier will do quite well in the final, like reju qualifiers usually do. I doubt there'll be so much bias as to affect their position too much (if any bias at all).

takeru

Nevertheless, one of the key things about the reju-qualifier is that we never know who it is. In this case, it's known from the very beginning which entry stands out in the final as THE B-final-qualler :p Now, if that song was also known to have come last in its semifinal, then I think people who gave it an uncertain low point would boost their points significantly, even if its an unintentional, subconscious desire to let the song do better :p

Of course, this could also be prevented by hiding rest-of-semi results, but we'll still know the song came below 10th :p

No Name

I see where you're going Nati, and I agree with you to some extent. It may be hard to keep to keep a track of in the beginning, but I think that with time this will become a fully integrated part of NSC. Making NSC more confusing wasn't my intention, but I believe that with organization and some motivation from the host (whoever that might be) this could actually work out pretty smoothly.

Regarding your scenario of the B-qualifier as being biased or unintentionally leaved out by the voters, I doubt this will happen. Reju-qualifiers happens to do very well (Noizeland last edition for instance), so I doubt this would be problematic. :)

Anyway, let's await some reactions. Obviously this idea won't realistically be able to come into force in this edition so there will be plenty of time for discussing this in the meantime.

94ayd

What about dropping the rest juries and having the B-final determine the two final qualifiers? We can do it like that: the song from each semi with the highest number of points qualifies or people just give points to 10 countries (if less, to all) from each semi.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I think you're exaggerating a lot with the subconscious effect, but never mind :lol:
imo the main problem with this is timing. If we're going to keep the schedule anything at all like what it currently is, we'd have to squash the B-Final into a couple of days, meaning that not many people would vote, and those that did vote would be the same ones every time (the most active ones). This isn't exactly fair on the people who simply don't have the time to vote.
And if the timing doesn't work, this idea can't go ahead at all. So we should leave the discussions of bias until we've sorted out timing problems :p Personally i can't really think of any solutions.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

94ayd said:
What about dropping the rest juries and having the B-final determine the two final qualifiers? We can do it like that: the song from each semi with the highest number of points qualifies or people just give points to 10 countries (if less, to all) from each semi.

How is this any better than the rest jury system? :lol:

No Name

takeru said:
Nevertheless, one of the key things about the reju-qualifier is that we never know who it is. In this case, it's known from the very beginning which entry stands out in the final as THE B-final-qualler :p Now, if that song was also known to have come last in its semifinal, then I think people who gave it an uncertain low point would boost their points significantly, even if its an unintentional, subconscious desire to let the song do better :p

Hmm...I don't know if it's relevant to compare the real world with an online-contest, but basically the circumstances are the same. In the various NF's in ESC the NF wild-card qualifiers regularly do well in the final in its respective country's final, despite the fact that everyone already know who got the wildcard. After all DQ won DMGP in 2007 on a wildcard. ;)

takeru

I think it's relevant, and it's a good point, though used in NFs rather than the actual contest :p

As Dan said though, perhaps I did go a bit far with the whole knowing-where-they-came-is-bad thing :lol: Timing is the key problem here :p

And Andrea, I and probably many others would be pretty upset to have our right to have our votes counted in the other semi taken away :p And only to be replaced by something giving us less time to vote but taking more time to do :lol:

As I've said though, it's good thinking :p

Bojan

it's a nice idea...but don't think it will work in reality TBH.
one nsc edition is long enough as it is atm, IMO.

Mrs Filipovski

I think the B final idea is too much on its own. It's like a "MOHAHAHAHAH YOU SENT THE WORST SONG THIS EDITION, FAIL ON YOU (Y)" ... (N)

spiluke

adding to that idea: if the few same people vote , the song selected will be biased (N)

Top Bottom