Contact us

NSC 214 in Kadis | FINAL | RESULTS INSIDE

Uto

Veteran
Morticia of Ballarica won, rest found ded. Utopolis got points, we hapi. Tanks to Marc Omen for hostages.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Ok, now that I've had some time to wrap my head around this shocker of an evening...

Told you Morty - my comments from the semis were about your entry, I couldn't see it being any less than an easy PQ, it had amazing cross-roster appeal, and taking the win is just epic xyaay
I was sure you were talking about someone else, there was no way I could see this being anywhere near a PQ. :eek: Not the first time you've been better at predicting NSC than me tho. ;)

First Käärijä, now Morty xcry what a fantastic day
Yeah, absolutely mind-blowing. :D

Couldn't beat the result of Tom's Diner in the end, but it was close, just 10 points behind. My second best result ever. :eek: I've loved this song since the first time I heard it, but yes, as @iowacorn mentioned, I had very little faith in this entry's ability to score a great finish. Even a decent one tbh. Billx has participated in NSC once, scored an 18th place in the semi. Otyken has participated twice, 13th in the semi on the first try, then 21st as a PQ entry in the following edition. And I don't know how many psy entries I have in this contest, I've never qualified with a psy entry before. Everything pointed towards a bottom five semi result here. I did compare it a bit to Da Tweekaz and Oesch's Die Dritten when I announced it, which also mixed hard EDM and folk music and had a surprisingly great result (to me at least), but what are the chances that lightning strikes twice, right? Apparently those chances are bigger than I thought. :D Thanks again to each and every one of you who voted for this. xheart Think I might have been right about one thing tho, people either loved it or hated it, which makes sense, I can imagine it's hard to be indifferent to it. ;)

Thanks to ::kad for an amazing edition! :D

And on the topic of hosting... I know I can't compete with you guys on the eye-candy, my skills are still limited to MS Paint, and I'm not very creative either, but that's just how it is. However, I've never really gotten any complaints on my hostings (apart from forgetting the text show once), so I should probably stop using that as an excuse to not host. I am however a bit unsure if hosting is something I can take on right now. My life has been a bit stressful lately, both personally (I turned 39 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not really coping that well with it) and at work. I'll sleep on it until tomorrow tho, before I make a decision, but @Leaf, you should probably start thinking about whether you want to host or not.

Canuck

Big congrats Morty, a well deserved winner and glad to see you held on all the way through :D

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Ohh congratulations ::bal xcheer
Nice winning song! Have to admit, that it's really bright, memorable and leaves a lasting impression. :)

Thanks everyone who voted for ::rah! xheya
13th place is beyond my expectations and also it's such a lovely revenge for NSC 186, when I sent this band (Fury Weekend) for the first time... and failed to qualify, missing out just 2 points. I'll thank everyone in particular tomorrow!

Thanks @MARCOMEN for the hosting! It was such a great edition!

Rmetr0

OFC I'm getting thrown out of PQ in the very end it's always like that!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

But WHAT AN AMAZING result, I didn't even expect to qualify and when I did, I was expecting some bottom result.... I'm so glad so many of you enjoyed "Don't Pray For Me" as much as I do and there were so many points from nations I wouldn't ever expect to receive from with such song, thank youuuuuuuuu dear fellow NSCers xhugxheartxheartxheart

Congrats, ::bal!!! I'm so happy to see that it's your 2nd best result and I would definitely give you some points if there were not so many other songs I liked xangel

Thank you @MARCOMEN for hosting, everything was great! xup

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Congrats Morty!! :mrgreen:

There's always something so satisfying about a Balearica Island win. Maybe it's because I so often see you fail in the semi that it makes me really happy when you finally get the recognition you deserve. And of course this was also my second-favourite song of the edition.

When I first heard the song, like many others I instantly knew it would do well. It just has such an NSC sound to it -- probably due to the combination of folk and electronic elements, as you identified. I was surprised Otyken didn't have much success with their previous entries, honestly. But I have to agree that this one is on a whole other level to the others.

Morty

Ok, so I've thought a lot about hosting since last night. It's not often I get this opportunity, and I hate to disappoint those of you who wanted to party on Balearica Island, but after looking thru some ideas I had, and trying a few things, I see no possibility that I can pull through with a decent hosting at this point. Sorry. :(

On a different note, I saw something a bit surprising regarding the WL votes. Not getting points from the WL isn't that surprising, my two first winning entries didn't get WL points either, but to have been blanked by everyone on the WL was a bit surprising, considering how this all turned out. :p Even if there weren't that many who voted from the WL. But again, thanks to everyone who voted for this remake of "My Wing", both in the semi and in the final. xheart

Morty

Congrats Morty!! :mrgreen:

There's always something so satisfying about a Balearica Island win. Maybe it's because I so often see you fail in the semi that it makes me really happy when you finally get the recognition you deserve. And of course this was also my second-favourite song of the edition.
Thanks xheart

When I first heard the song, like many others I instantly knew it would do well. It just has such an NSC sound to it -- probably due to the combination of folk and electronic elements, as you identified. I was surprised Otyken didn't have much success with their previous entries, honestly. But I have to agree that this one is on a whole other level to the others.
The results Otyken got earlier surprised me too. I thought KYKAKACHA was going to be a sure qualifier, and even when it wasn't, I still thought Storm would get a better result in the next edition. And yes, Billx has made My Wing into something on a completely different level, but I didn't think it was going to be a level NSC would enjoy more than the Otyken originals. Even tho it looks like I've found a formula that works here, after NSC 199 and this, I also sent Ummet Ozcan - Xanadu in NSC 209, which got a more typical ::bal result, but that one is also EDM mixed with folk music. I simply cannot understand what makes "Ich Schenk' Dir Einen Jodler" and "My Wing" work so well here, when "Xanadu" didn't. But, this is also one of many reasons why I love NSC so much, it never stops surprising me. :D

Leaf

Couldn't beat the result of Tom's Diner in the end, but it was close, just 10 points behind.
no offense but I'm a little glad Tom's Diner is still your best result since it was my 12
842614974068817951.gif

I have to say I was really fortunate to be able to host NSC when I did, because now just isn't as good a time and honestly I'm not sure if I have it in me atm. A bit of a difficult decision but this is me passing the reins to Sundfør!

Top Bottom