Contact us

NSC 212 in Mormadorei 🦊 RESULTS ARE OUT

theditz83

Veteran
Woooo triple digiiiits

And congrats on the win ::nac - you were a very worthy also-ran in my final ranking, nice entry xclap

And thanks ::per for the :4: too

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Wow, came just in time!

Again having to ask how I managed to qualify but thank you for the points especially the holy trinity of 12s! ::ugl ::hal ::yap

Congrats Norm, decent winner and you've come back as a powerhouse xheya also shout out to Öösingimäed for 2nd (what a discovery!) and my 12 T&D finishing 3rd xheart

Thank you for an incredible and efficient hosting Marlfox. You've absolutely smashed it!

doctormalisimo

Aaaah my first ever 4th place, now I have the whole set from 1st to 10th in the league table :D thanks to everyone who voted for Doire and I believe this is by far the best result ever for a song in Scottish Gaelic. Tapadh libh :sc:

Congrats ::nac on a stunning win - it was an instant favourite for me and the runaway winner for me in this line-up. Congrats!

And thank you ::mor for an absolutely stunning hosting. Everything from the insanely good banners to the efficiency of the results show. We are not worthy xbow

EDIT: Also congrats to ::oos - an old nation (even if only recently returned) getting its best ever result and first ever PQ. Cööngrats

Last edited:

Canuck

Ok wow I truly did not expect this to happen! Wtf!! Thank you all so much ♥️

I am actually speechless right now. I’m on an airplane at the moment and we are literally just about to take off so I need to put my phone into airplane mode, in true Canadian fashion we were slightly delayed because our wings need to be de-iced due to the cold. So luckily I didn’t have to wait in suspense for these results.

These results made my airport wait so so so much better! Thank you thank you thank you! ♥️ I love this community

Veliky

Finishing 25th after being 5th in semifinal is a bit confusing as to whyyyyy... buuuut... hey! Thanks.

Congrats New Arcadia. Thanks Mormadorei. Happy new year. Kiss you all. Fuck you some. Onto the next NSC.

nofuxCZ

Congrats Norm! Nice song, got my points in the semi, here it was just outside my top :)
Also sooo happy for Öösingimäed PQing - that was a nice surprise :D

Thanks for all the points for ::bif, I am happy for the left side of the scoreboard xcheer
Aaand also thanks for the great hosting and stunning shows @Marlfox xclap

Canuck

Now that I’m home and have a chance to actually write a proper victory post… woooooohooooooo! What a great way to start 2023 😁

I am so humbled by winning this edition, thanks so much to those who voted for Record Player! Truth be told, these last few months have been challenging. I moved away from a place I really loved, have been struggling with work, and haven’t met a ton of new people out here. This victory is definitely a highlight of the last few months.

As for hosting, I am not sure yet whether I want to take on the time commitment that it takes so I’m gonna sleep on it and make a decision in the (North American) morning.

Thanks so much NSC, what a beautiful community to be a part of, it’s so lovely to be back here competing with you all :). Would not have expected my 2nd ever victory to come so quickly!!

@Marlfox thank you for some excellent hosting and, I think we can all agree, some of the most beautiful entry banners we’ve ever seen.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Again having to ask how I managed to qualify but thank you for the points especially the holy trinity of 12s! ::ugl ::hal ::yap
A certified triple platinum pot 3 banger! I swear we didn't even communicate at all prior to voting!

Congratulations Norm!! Your song was truly amazing, second only to Alois in my ranking. Together, those two songs have dominated my brain over the past couple of weeks, which is really saying something at this time of year. It is already a classic NSC winner in my mind, and it manages to feel like the New Acadian style I know and love from years ago :mrgreen:

And of course, thank you Marlfox for the impeccable hosting! Delightful graphics and a schedule that ran so seamlessly it almost defies belief!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Now this was an unexpected timing to host the show. :D Thanks for the show @Marlfox and awesome work during the whole edition.
Congratulations on winning ::nac! :D

All our votes were as follows this time:

(L+N)

SF 1

12 ::ins INSOMNÉA (04+12)

10 ::eff EFFILAND (06+10)
08 ::ugl UGALY (05+08)
07 ::vyl VYLKUZEME (10+02)
06 ::rah RAHASIA-DIATI (07+05)
05 ::ous OUSSOU EMPIRE (12+00)
04 ::kam KAMANDÉ (08+03)
03 ::cyd CYDONI-GIBBERIA (03+07)
02 ::tyb TYBALTEVA (02+06)

01 ::rld REYM-L-DNEURB (00+04)
11. GRIFFIN EMPIRE (00+01)
11. TUZI (01+00)

(L)

SF 2 - REJU votes

12 ::tro TROLLHEIMR

10 ::doi DOIRE
08 ::bag BAGROVOR
07 ::rum RUMIA
06 ::end ENDORË
05 ::big BIGICIA
04 ::che CHERNIYA
03 ::dal DALISSKA
02 ::sun SUNDFOR

01 ::tch TCHER-RACOI

Final

(L+N)

12 ::rum RUMIA (07+07)
10 ::ins INSOMNÉA (02+10)
08 ::doi DOIRE (10+02)
07 ::bag BAGROVOR (08+04)
06 ::kad KADIS (00+12)
05 ::ous OUSSOU EMPIRE (12+00)
04 ::ugl UGALY (03+08)
03 ::kam KAMANDÉ (05+03)
02 ::cal CALYPSO (00+06)

01 ::vyl VYLUZEME (06+00)
11. EFFILAND (04+01)
12. CYDONI-GIBBERIA (00+05)
13. ENDORË (01+00)

See you soon!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Omg, these results were so out of the blue! :eek: hahaha

Anyway, congrats ::nac on that well-deserved win! The song is extremely catchy and definitely has some special vibes, I gave 6 points to it!
Also, I'm very happy to see ::end in the top-6. That was my 12 points, the song is really amazing, it actually makes me quite emotional every time I hear it and it's definitely going to be one of my favorite NSC songs ever. Personally I even wanted it to win, but anyway I'm happy that it achieved such a good result.

Thanks everyone who supported ::rah in the semi!

Respect to @Marlfox for such a great hosting! As I've already said, the banners looked gorgeous and soo professional! :D

See you in NSC 213! (excited...)

dogmeat

25Irl5O.png

I'm glad I wasn't horribly wrong this time! :D Very clear winner, congrats ::nac!
And congrats to Begonia for reviving the old tradition of semi winner finishing 23rd! Just as year 2023 begins! xcookie

I have no reasons to complain. Most of my points did pretty well, including my 12 winning, and my entry earning a PQ xup
Thanks for all the points! Some were expected, some were a surprise, especially 12 points from ::che xshock1:

:12: ::bag ::slf ::sun ::che
:10: ::ugl
:8: ::pyr ::mat ::ora
:7: ::kad
:6: ::dal ::vyl ::cal
:5: ::rld ::doi
:4: :gr:e ::ser
:3: ::mor ::nac ::taa ::bif ::bel
:2: ::jos ::sic
:1: ::hal ::tro ::yap

Rmetr0

Really great winner, congrats ::nac! So glad for you! 🤗❤️🔥

And thank you so much @Marlfox for hosting, I remember the stress from my hosting, so I totally understand you, but what you did - was truly incredible! 👏🏻🔥✨

theditz83

Veteran
Woooo nice to see I just managed to hang on to the Top 10 in the end! xheya

Congrats on the win Canuck and ::nac - I knew it wouldn't be long until you sent a winner, you've returned to the contest with a bang that's for sure xclap

Awesome hosting @Marlfox - you absolutely smashed it out the park, and it was so well done! P.S. I think from memory, you enter non-voter points as n/a on the grid in Melbourne and it will move them to last place. ;)

Full ::moi vote of thanks
:10: ::nac ::szk ::fer ::mat
:8: ::ems ::ros ::com
:7: ::big ::bel
:6: ::bal ::tad
:5: ::mor ::sun ::cyd
:4: ::per
:2: ::kam
:1: ::grf ::che

ferret

Congratulations to ::nac New Acadia, good song and worthy winner! :cool:

Thanks to everyone who voted for ::nbs 🇺🇦 duet (I know this choice was unexpected). Luxury hosting @Marlfox xup

iowacorn

Wowowow, umm hello hi everyone!!

First off, congratulations to New Acadia for their well desereved win!!! My 10 points and stuck in my head from first listen. I would even go as far as to say it sounded like a winner right away and that was my impression of the song. Well done!!! :D

Then Mormadorei,,, that hosting, my god. Iconic. You make me want to go out and buy a brief case to put all these NSC sticks all over. So so cool. Enjoy your sweet relief of a contest well executed and over.

Now okay,,, Öösingimäed coming in second in NSC??? 18-23 year old me would be xshock... 30 year old me still is. It was a joy seeing those votes come in. Glad NSC and my own tastes have finally caught up to one anotherxheartxheartxheart

Thank you for this validation!!! 2022 was a rough year for me on the forum, so to start 2023 off this way is incredibly meaningful and I'm going to take it as a wonderful omen.

Plus this song, my lord, earworm from first listen. Actually, my first listen was Dar Um (Lauer Remix) (linked), I def recommend it. Also I just noticed the lyrics are on in the description of the music video, so I no longer have to sing along in my broken Portuguese (Quero tar no meio do mundo makes much more sense than Quero tanto rio do mundo)

So THANK YOU for making this silver happen xbowxbowxbow

:12: ::beg ::bal ::ser Illumia
:10: ::tan ::moi ::ems ::bif ::adb
:8: ::rld ::mor ::cyd
:7: ::bag ::szk
:6: ::che
:5: ::svo ::rum ::yap
:3: ::kam ::mat
:2: ::hal
:1: ::fer ::per

Plus thanks for SF Support Joseyeon, ::doi ::uto & ::ora

Also congrats to my fellow debut-er ::end for having our first PQ together !! :D

See you in New Pokadia!!

EDIT: Also holy sheesh I won the semi???? BLESS xheart TYTYTY

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Congrats ::nac! Wasn't really that close to getting points from me, but it also wasn't in my bottom ten, so it could have been worse. ;) But it's awesome to see ::oos being in the fight for the win for so long. :D Was really close to getting my reju :12: in the semi as well, but it narrowly lost out to Novaspace. Amazing song, getting heavy rotation in the clubs on ::bal. :D My :7: ::tad also getting a PQ is of course also great. :D

Thanks for the points in the semi ::ari ::ems ::szk ::tan ::oos ::tyb ::jos ::kam ::moi and ::taa xheart

Thanks for an amazing edition @Marlfox, and Happy New Year to everyone!

Top Bottom