Contact us

NSC 206 🔮 Enjoy your hobbies! 🎨 SVO, Svobodnetsk 🪁 Grand Final Results: 21:00 CEST!

Kimrt

Hi, just got back from the Iron Maiden concert, did I miss anything good? xwave

Yeah okay...

Wow... where do I even begin? This is absolutely unreal! xfaint
I always thought the eight editions between Dreams and Evelyn Evelyn was shockingly short, but three? That's pretty much back to back! And here I was thinking I would never see another victory without an in-house entry.

Of course, this was also the third appearance of Night Club, following the bronze success in 186 and the somewhat overlooked comeback in 200. I normally don't repeat myself with that kind of frequency, but after I had spent the past weeks completely hooked on Die in the Disco it was very hard to resist sending it. A very special shout out goes to fellow fan @Schlagerman1 who I accidentally swiped this awesome band from when we both had the same idea back in 186, you deserve a share of the glory in this victory!

No other way to say it, THANK YOU NSC, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU ALL! xheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheart

And of course, I know you're all... dying... to know the answer to the obvious question. As much as I would love to host yet again, I have to be realistic about it, Roffbeard used up the whole annual budget I'm right in the middle of a very intensely scheduled vacation, culminating in my own wedding in less than three weeks (to the namesake of my NSC 146 and 182 artist, no less). Any other time and I would jump on it immediately, but there's no possible way I can do a full edition justice right now, so with a heavy heart I must decline the opportunity and pass the question on to @Kimrt
Whether we end up in Kimmystan or somewhere else next edition I'm certain they will do an awesome job of it!

However, I'm not one to just leave it at that. Even if I can't take on the actual hosting proper, I intend to figure out something I can do to both honor Night Club's gold and to thank you all with a proper Lurkovision production, even if it's just a minor unofficial side-thing. It'll have to wait until after the wedding though.

Thank you once again for this mindblowing sixth victory! And thank you @Rmetr0 for this wonderful hosting!
Awww it’s sad that you won’t find the time to host! I therefore accept the hosting rights and we will be heading to Kimmystan for the 207th edition.

You can of course send me your entries already here or on other social media platforms.

But don’t be upset if my inbox here gets full now as I haven’t cleaned it for old conversations yet.

We are in the summer season so therefore the theme will be summer related :D

Rmetr0

Sorry all, I had to leave yesterday right after I finished the show, but I also have some words to say!

First of all I want to say THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING PART AND BEING WITH US IN ::svo xhug

Thank you also for such amazing supporting words I received all the way I hosted! xheat xlove xheart xheart
I'm so soooo grateful you let me go at my own pace! xheart I genuinely enjoyed the process and I'm sooooo satisfied with how it all turned out, and like I already said, the only thing to improve next time is the speed of making all of that 😅 And I have real ideas of programs that can help with that! Idk if I manage figure it out, but it's worth a try and is really good for my programming practice!

Secondly, I want to congratulate ::ugl @Fearnavigatr on your win with my full heart! Yes, it's really impressive you managed to win again so soon and the song is definitely worth it! I'll give full comments on all GF songs below.
And it's pretty sad to hear you cannot host, but also WOW OMG what a wonderful events you're about to experience! So, I only wish you to have the best possible time on your vacation and wedding! xheat xheart

Third, thank you soooooo much for the left side finish! 😍😍
That's sooooo amazing for a host entry and a PQ entry as well! Second best PQ after the instrumental masterpiece to which I gave a lot of points myself and did not even think of beating is a really great honor!! xyes

:10: ::pyr ::kad ::tch
:8: ::zch ::rah ::ins
:7: ::big
:5: ::ems ::sun
:4: ::tan ::cyd ::hal ::mat ::rum
:3: ::sol ::doi ::luz ::ora ::hyp
:2: ::mor ::adb ::tad ::ser
:1: ::eff ::uto ::nbs

xheart xheart xheart

And fourth, thank you so much for the amazing hosting.... Oh, wait a minute, it's me 😂😂

Okay, I'll write a separate post with comments on all the GF songs 😉

Aaaaaand can't wait to see the next edition in ::kim! See ya all in NSC 207! xyaay

P.S. When I noticed new entries in some nations' threads for the next editions, I almost had a kind of reflex to start accepting them again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rmetr0

Full ::svo Grand Final Ranking

:12: ::tan QUEENDOM - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- When I was accepting points for semis, I really thought it very sadly has no chances to qualify, because it seemed like there a really few points for it. But then when I found out it REJU qualified, I almost screamed! 😱😱 I genuinely love this kind of songs!! Can dance to it all day! That rap part is perfect! Really wanted it to PQ, but... But still, really impressive results for such an unexpected REJU qualifier! 🔥 Also it kinda reminded me Dana International - Diva 😄
:10: ::tad BoA - The Greatest -- This was also a really surprising qualifier for me, because points in semi are also seemed like really few, but in reality these were really high points, so they were enough to qualify! xyaay Also little sad it didn't get PQ. Tbh I love verses more that choruses in that entry, but still it's a really amazing track I truly enjoyed!
:8: ::bif Everyone You Know - Charlie -- I can describe it as a big YES from the first listen! There's something attractive in that entry! I'm so soooo glad for such a great results for ::bif, because I remember I enjoyed your entries in previous editions, but they didn't even qualify 😒 And now it's an avenge! xyes
:7: ::rum Gareth Coker - Ori and the Will of the Wisps -- Yeah, it's my fav in ::rum NF that won and like I said already, it's such a beautiful instrumental piece that touched my soul from the first listen! Again, not enough for PQ, which would've been a double PQ for ::rum, but an amazing result, best of all 6 PQs!! 🔥🔥
:6: ::kam Helena Paparizou feat. Marseaux - Deja Vu -- @Veliky Sad to hear you think it wasn't a hit, because I can say to you that it was!! It REALLY WAS!! It was a PQ hit that simply gets underappreciated!! 26th is a kind of a crime, I should say! 😤
:5: ::luz Konstantinos Argiros - Eleftheros -- That's a kind of a song that from first listen I felt like I should like, but something's off for me. But more I listened to it, more I realized, what kind of joy it is!! Another song I could dance to all day, and glad for such an amazing result!! 👏🏻
:4: ::ugl Night Club - Die in the Disco -- So... An amazing and well-deserved winner!! 🏆 I looove that animated video and that after-chorus instrumental part makes me shake in an amazing way! 🔥🔥
:3: ::slf Σtella - Up And Away -- There's another amazing animated video I loved the style of! And such a pleasant voice and memorable melody & instrumentals! 👍🏻👍🏻
:2: ::bel Amaranthe - Archangel -- Not gonna hide the fact that there were several metal/rock entries in that GF to compare to each other. And among all the other such entries, this one stood out for me the most! I loved the epicness of it and little bit more aligning to pop in the melody, than in the other ones. I hope what I tried to say sounds +- clear 😅
:1: ::cyd Ascendant Vierge - Discoteca -- It was such an interesting entry and there's definitely something in it that attracts me! It was such a pleasure to see you @Sean were so happy with your result! ❤️ I lowkey wish I gave it more, but there were a lot of good ones that resonated with my taste 😬

Out of top-10:

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats ::ugl xcheer Quite crazy how I blanked the whole top 6 haha.
Thank you for 24th place and 77 points! I didn't think such a mellow entry would stand much of a chance so a qualification was more than enough and I'm grateful. I wasn't sure what to pick for this edition and I basically went with what I was in the mood at that particular moment in time. Happy to see some of you enjoyed this relaxing song too!

:10: ::cal ::ora
:7: ::nbs ::lac
:6: ::ems ::sak ::tch
:5: ::com
:4: ::eff ::ins ::pyr
:3: ::kim
:2: ::mat ::vyl
:1: ::sol
xheart

And of course, thank you so much for welcoming us to Svobodnia, @Rmetr0 xlove Hosting a contest of this size is no easy task and it turned out great!

Rmetr0

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention is that my another big favourite hobbie won besides linguistics, so if someone is still here and still didn't arrive to Kimmystan, let's all go to our biggest computer gaming club and have a gaming party! xyaay 🧑🏻‍💻👨🏻‍💻👩🏻‍💻 😄

theditz83

Veteran
Omg what??! Just managed to check the full results and I came first in the semi? Awesome! Definitely in the right semi judging from my pretty awful reju score haha! xheat

dogmeat

:12: ::mor ::sak ::eff ::slf ::tro ::vyl ::kad
:10: ::ser WL
:8: ::lac ::tad ::bel
:7: ::svo
:6:
:5:
:4:
:3:
:2: ::ora
:1: ::zch ::tyb

I've never seen a more top-heavy scoreline!
I must say it's a bittersweet result. It's more than I would ever expect, but to think it was one ftv short of one of the most impossible PQs ever...
Ori and the blind forest / will of the wisps are among the most critically acclaimed soundtracks, and it's amazing to see that confirmed by so many high points. On the other hand, it feels kind of unfair to get near the maximum achievable score and not even get a pq... It seems like choosing the "right" genre matters more than the song :(

Milos-BC

It started so well buuut..........oh well, at least I managed not to end last :lol:

I think Ashley will agree but

#bringBackFakeResults

In all seriousness, though, congratulations Ugaly and Jochen on the victory! The song didn't get points from me, but I still think it's a good track and it was in my top 15 at least. I hope that is satisfying.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Amaranthe xlove I knew it will either be top or flop, but I really like the song and I had to send it regardless of the outcome. Happy to see some of you enjoyed it xcheer

Congratulations @Rmetr0 , the show was splendid. You did a superb job as a host and now you deserve to have some rest.

See you on the next NSC xcheer

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Woow @Rmetr0!!! It's nice to see someone writing a review! I LOVE them and if I happen to see a review - I always read all of it with a great attention. So thank you so much for pleasure and emotions! xheat

Oh and a couple of words on topic:

Rmetr0

Agree @Veronika 😉 I would not insist or something, but it would be cool to have reviews!

And I totally understand your fears, because I don't like to offend someone with my words either, especially when I did not intend to do so.

My rankings are 100% my taste and has nothing to do with nation or person who sent it, only with the entry itself. And even if I put some entry low, it doesn't mean it's bad. Usually it's just not my taste, or it doesn't resonate with my mood in current period of life, or just not the melody/instrumentals/vocals that stood out for me personally. Maybe that's obvious, but still I wanted to say that xshrug It's a rare case when an entry annoys me, but even in such cases there are usually another lovers of it, so... :mrgreen:

Actually, I considered myself as not so good in writing reviews 😅 But I really wanted to write this one as a special for the edition I hosted, because I lived with these songs for like a month, so they all started to feel really special to me and I wanted to express this somehow or other xheart

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
@Rmetr0 yeah, obviously reviews reflect purely subjective opinion of just one person, but still it's so exciting to write and read them, isn't it? :mrgreen:

And ofc I wouldn't just say "it's a bad song" without any explanation. I would say "imo it has poor vocals" or "poor production/arrangement" or "weak melody", or (I guess most frequently) "not my cup of tea" etc. And usually I manage to find something good in almost every entry, even if it lacks something for me. I also have full rankings of all the semis and finals starting from NSC 148 (and only finals starting from NSC 126). And, for example, in this final only 5 songs are 4/10 and below for me, the lowest score being 3/10. I definitely would criticize these songs a bit in my review, but there's still something good about them, because they're not 1/10 or 0/10 (both are rare cases in my practice).

5/10 is considered to be an okay song, and 6/10 is already a good one! 7/10 is a great one and 8/10 is already a masterpiece. 9/10 and 10/10 are the ultimate masterpieces/favorite songs and usually such scores are given to the songs I've known and loved for a long time. Songs don't normally get such scores from me at first listen/couple of listens, they are tested by time. :mrgreen: So, if I'm lucky to discover a 8/10 song in the NSC semi/final - it will get 12 points most likely. Then it has good chances of turning into 9/10 or 10/10, as I continue listening to it on repeat. :)

ClassifiedCat

Woow @Rmetr0!!! It's nice to see someone writing a review! I LOVE them and if I happen to see a review - I always read all of it with a great attention. So thank you so much for pleasure and emotions! xheat

Oh and a couple of words on topic:

At least for me i can say that I always love to read reviews regardless of whether they're good or bad towards my song.

zechhh

Better late than never :mrgreen::

Grats to ::ugl for the win and thanks to ::svo for the great hosting. xheart

I ended up where I expected before seeing the good predictions which did get my hopes up a bit. :p

Thanks to:

:12: ::rum xheartxheartxheart
:10: ::bel ::kam xheartxheart
:8: ::slf ::tro ::vyl xheart
:7: ::eff
:6: ::kad
:4: ::ems
:3: ::big ::sak ::tan ::uto
:2: ::lac
:1: ::ins ::per

Top Bottom