Contact us

NSC 201 | Nar Darum, Bigicia | FINAL RESULTS | Results inside!

takeru

Congratulations Aimūlli!! Was 11th on my final list, and was regretting not giving points considering it was a catchy grower. Glad those points didn’t matter in the end anyway!

Wonderful wonderful show from Bigicia, so interesting to see your interpretations of NSC history! :mrgreen:

Thank you for semi points to Yaponesia, it was a closer call than I thought for the reju qualifier. Also all of my biggest favourites got left in the semi this edition, so kudos to all those underrated songs (especially ::hyp this time) xlove

HayashiM

Veteran
Wow, our :12: won, congrats! I absolutely love To France and pondered putting it on my WLSC shortlist, but didn't, thinking "people don't appreciate similar stuff anymore". Ha ha, very glad I was wrong. :D

"Some random quote from Lord of the Rings" robbed though.

Milos-BC

Congratulations on a very convincing victory Aimulli. My 10 points in the final, certainly well deserved :D

Congratulations on your super-creative hosting Gera. It was certainly one of the most entertaining presentations, and as others pointed out, it was very Bigician indeed :D

Thanks to everyone who voted for Mogli as well :)

See you in NSC 202!

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
DUEL 12

You know, as I ordered my troops to siege the fort, I was seriously regretting that deal I had struck with Arirang to loan them 8000 mercenaries. But now that I see that I wouldn't have succeeded in capturing the fort anyway, I'm glad I at least have some cash in the bank.

Thanks to everyone for all your points, especially Adamsburg and Zechonia for those 12s xheart xheart xheart I see Pyreica defected after the semis to become a commander of Arirang's forces, but I won't hold it against you :mrgreen: Thank you for the 12 in the semi and the 7 in the final xheart

Thank you to Gera for a fantastic hosting! This was a really fun and refreshing way to present the results :D

And congrats to Aimulli! If I'm honest, the song was not my thing at all, but I agree with everyone else that it's cool to see that it's still possible to win with oldies. The unpredictability of NSC strikes again :D

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Awesome show @Gera11! I noticed some errors in the boards for ::ora and ::taa tho (my 1 for ::ora was missing, and the totals were off), but it looks right in the Excel, so I guess all is good. :)

Congrats ::aim, can't say it was undeserved with that score, even tho it's not one of my favorites. It is a classic tho, and like a lot of others have said, nice to see that these still have a chance. Novaspace's version would have gotten a 10 from me tho. ;) The ::ari entry is one of the best entries in the history of NSC in my opinion, I absolutely love it. Which I knew I would the moment I saw Morten Granau mentioned tbh. I don't think my 12 has ever been clearer than it was this time, and there aren't many editions where it wouldn't have been my 12. Perfection, and it was amazing just to see it qualify to the final! xheart Nearly a PQ as well. :eek:

Also, congrats to ::sun on reaching 100 points from me! :D

Thanks to those who voted for #MV33 in the semi. Wasn't very many (which I expected), but those who did vote for it gave it mostly high points, so it was another "love it or hate it" entry from me. Which isn't surprising tbh. :p I am surprised that so many voted for it tho, I did genuinelly believe it could have been a contender for the 0 points award. :eek:

:12: ::tan
:10: ::ari ::moi ::svo
:8: ::ems ::luz ::szk
:7: ::hal ::sol
:4: ::zch
:2: ::lac

Thank you all. xheart

Prediction: ::mor wins comfortably or I eat my flag.

Looking forward to the video of your meal. :D

nofuxCZ

Congrats Aimulli! Not enough for my points but as others said it's nice that songs like this can still win.
Really happy for Arirang, didn't expect 7th place and almost PQ at all :eek: Great to see songs like this can succeed too.

Thanks @Gera11 for this amazing hosting xcheer

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats to ::aim! Fantastic winner, and I really wish I could have given it 12 points as well. xheart

HUGE props and applause to our wonderful host @Gera11 for a fabulous hosting. Everything was absolutely top notch, and just ridiculously aesthetically pleasing! xlove xheat

Also a shout out to the following nations, whose entries I enjoyed and wish I could have included in my vote:
::ora ::com ::lac ::uje ::beg ::riy ::ufe

Territrius

WOAH! I wish I had followed the results live, but I was too busy yesterday!

Thank you SO much! I didn't expect this at all. I knew there was a niche of countries that would love this song, but I never thought it'd appeal beyond that. I generally also don't like sending big hits, so I'm grateful I haven't been lambasted for that too much :lol:

I heard the song when I was listening to a top 2000 a Belgian radio channel organizes and it was like greeting a friend I hadn't seen in so long. I'd loved the song since I was a kid but completely forgot about it. It was also one of the very few times I knew a whole month beforehand what I was gonna send. :D

Also, all 3 of my wins (not counting Alex's) were with old songs, that's so crazy!

Of course I'll host, but bear with me, I'll need a day to get the reservations up!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

And ugh, such amazing hosting!!!!!

Kimrt

Congrats Nicolas :D I didnt vote for your song but well done anyway :eek: an impressive win :D

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Bottoming the semi but still grasping four 12 is quite a feat, so thank you ::ugl ::taa ::yap ::ufe

Congrats ::aim, didn't score but it's decent enough. And obviously big thank to ::big xheart

Karhu

Congratulations to the winner, lovely ::aim! xheart Great song and a very deserved win!

And thanks for an amazing 6th place for "Grassy Horizons"! <ЗЗЗ Esp. Gvozdmost for the 12! xrunhug

The song is the overworld theme for a game called Bravely Default II, which I recently played and enjoyed greatly! I actually became interested in it from casually watching someone else playing it, and it was in fact hearing this very song that convinced me to give it a shot xheart The song actually has five different in-game variations that play as you explore different parts of the world (Grassy Horizons being the one for the 1st area in the game), and while the one I sent is my definite favorite, I'm also very fond of this variation, which plays in the snowy area and is like a melancholic version of the theme. :D

Another lovely side-note: 6th place was the only top 10 placement ::ser had never achieved, so we've officially collected them all xheart

Also, @Gera11, what can I say about your presentation that hasn't already been said - seriously amazing work xheart The details of the Serenes/Doire War (sorry David :() were just brilliant, you put so much thought and care into it, and I'm LOVING all the references to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance xheart Ugh your mind xheart

Top Bottom