Contact us

NSC 185 in I-S-C || Confirmation Thread || DDL: 09 September 23:59 CET

azilio99

lzw77SH.png

Welcome to I-S-C
You can start sending your songs to me via PM
or josue.castillo.romero87 at gmail

Deadline is September 9th but I will accept entries until September 10th 16:00 CET (since at that time I will arrive to my office)

Confirmed Entries:
Everyone but Godric's Hollow, Solentoya & Tuzi.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
And for the record, many editions take up to 10 days to open a confirmation thread and I don't see any posts complaining about that. I opened the thread just 3 days after the result. In the end, the whole edition will last the same as a "regular edition for Sean and schlagerman1". I'm sick and tired of the insults, complaints and diva attitudes. One guy even insulted me because i left the conversation sending his entry without telling him i "accepted the song" (I'm sorry, 70% of hosts don't tell me they accept the song, I take it for a fact if they don't ask me to change it).

I know this is because you guys HATE and DESPISE outsiders and with my post count is pretty obvious I want to stay as an outsider because I don't want to be noticed to avoid this kind of attitudes Sean and schlagerman1 and many others in this thread love to display.

So i'm gonna say this very polite. If you have a problem with me, DON'T TAKE PART and let people enjoy.
Sorry to hear you've been insulted in private and that you don't feel welcome enough. :( I don't think the people expressing concern or impatience in the thread regarding the deadline mean any malice. There are always impatient posts every single edition when a deadline is longer than usual, or when hosts take longer than usual to respond or produce results. A 13 day deadline is on the long side, but since you've given a perfectly reasonable explanation for it, I don't see a problem with it. :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I mean Azilio isn't wrong. Some hosts have taken a super long time to open threads and then provide results. 13 days does seem long but in the grand scheme of things i dont think it will be that different for any of you.

Fyi, Azilio to clarify considering the reaction you gave my post about a break, the reason i don't take part is because ill be on holiday in Turkey for over a week. None other.

Kimrt

Some even have too long results show or spends ages to post a shown with banners you can't even read. 13 days is fair enough and the same people will vote late no matter how long the deadline is.

You're doing a good job and I love your posts ;;

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Wow, did I touch a nerve?

I was only curious as to why there was such a long deadline as it is out of the ordinary for that to be the case. If it works for you then that is all that matters.

I fear you have really misjudged the tone of my post but I apologise if I have offended you with what I've written...

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I'm kind of confused why this escalated so much. I only see one negative comment about the 13-day deadline. I think people mostly just wanted to know if this was intentional and what the reasons were for it, because a 13-day deadline is unusual. I'm sorry people have been insulting you in PMs though, that is definitely not acceptable...

But anyway, yes, 13 days is perfectly fine, especially since you warned us about it. Not all hosts are so open and up-front about timing issues. Good communication is all we ask for :)

Brandt

I am sorry that you got insulted which is exactly opposite of what this online contest is supposed to be about, but I also don't think Sean and Schlagerman1 meant any harm or they were being rude for asking or expressing their opinions in a proper way.

Well apparently everyone is going to Turkey in this edition so why not rent Hagia Sophia for a night and throw a final show party and go crazy all together? :poop:

Kimrt

Hopefully they don't catch covid while travelling. There's not quarantine when you return from Turkey?

theditz83

Veteran
Hopefully they don't catch covid while travelling. There's not quarantine when you return from Turkey?

No, the cases aren't over the UK government threshold for quarantine at the moment, which is why so many people have been choosing it for a break. All of my friends that have been have said that with all the cleaning procedures and safety measures out there, they felt much safer than in the UK to be honest.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Pretty much what Gary said, I was split over whether to travel or not this year but one of my friends wanted to go and tbh Turkey seems to be doing alright atm - much better than here for sure. I've been an 'essential' worker throughtout all of this so I think I've earnt a holiday. :D Also considering how our travel industry is on its knees I think it's important to support them as much as possible within reason.

Schlagerman1

@azilio99 I want to apologize if I gave you any harm, it wasn't my intention. It was more that I wanted to know if it was what you meant, cause it sounded a lot in my mind. I understand completly that if it that time you need to make it work, then you can do it. Once again, sorry. :(

azilio99

I updated the list. You have 13 hours with some minutes from now to send your song!

Please remember to check the NSC Database to avoid songs already sent.

dogmeat

To avoid problems later... My intended entry is Englishman in New York by Sting. A cover of it was sent by Viola Per Sempre to NSC 59. I'm leaving it up to debate if it's allowed by the current rules. @everyone

Fearnavigatr

I feel cruel saying it, but I'm personally leaning quite heavily towards disallow in this case.
The originally sent cover doesn't feel like a significant reinterpretation. It changes the tempo and instruments and omits some sections, but it largely conveys the exact same mood with the same, as we call it, "structure". They are in essence the same song.

I can see how it's borderline though, and welcome more opinions.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
To avoid problems later... My intended entry is Englishman in New York by Sting. A cover of it was sent by Viola Per Sempre to NSC 59. I'm leaving it up to debate if it's allowed by the current rules. @everyone
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with @Fearnavigatr and @takeru here, even if it would have been nice to have the original in the contest. It's still the same verse and chorus melody, just with a different beat.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Agreed. Viola per Sempre's version is pretty much just the original with some extra bells and whistles.

Top Bottom