Norway

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
ghTIe05.png

CURRENT ENTRY

Last edited by a moderator:

Fierro

Re: Norway • WV90 NF: Everyone is welcome to vote!

WELCOME TO WV90 NATIONAL FINAL!

Following our first flop (24th place in semifinal - that's what I call painful) after 3 successful editions I fullfill my promises and organise national selection that consists of 7 songs I wanted to show you for a long. Luckily enough, next edition is anniversary (and thus stronger) so I can rely on you to choose ONE song for WV90 that deserves it! This selection focused mainly on pop music with addition of 2 hip-hop entries and few indie-ish but still pop tracks.

I hope this lineup will be enjoyable enough for you!

Reserved for special mentions

VOTING RULES:

You don't have to give points to every song - just pick ones that you like and add them in your personal ranking. System is the same as on ESC: 12-10-8-...-X (WITHOUT GAPS). Entries that are not included in your top-list will receive 0 points.

However, there are 2 cases when scoring is adjusted (for more consistency and fairness):

• If you vote for only one song, its points will be reduced to 8.
• The same way, if you include just 2 songs in your list, they will receive 10 and 8 points appropriately.

That's all, send your votes by PM to [MENTION=12992]Fierro[/MENTION] or on [email protected] if my inbox gets full.

VOTED:
:west: ::mida :in: :au: :br: :hr: :en: ::onta :tr: :cali: ::sask :fo::ca:

BernadetteCydonia

tfw you know 3 of the entries from a big NF...

idk I hope to at least not forget to vote? :D

ferret

Yes, tomorrow I have a day off and will definitely vote here, but... только после Вас, уважаемый [MENTION=12992]Fierro[/MENTION]! :lol:

DaFlo

Banned

giv me reminder as well pls, lowkey forgot about this already :oops:

Fierro

!!! EMERGENCY !!!

[MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] [MENTION=14749]BernadetteCydonia[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=15047]Alevender[/MENTION]​

I need your votes guys if you don't mind. Just a day left until deadline to send a song, and things in our NF are still undecided! :eek:

You can help me to choose representative for Norway and get honorable mention on imaginable Hall of Fame if your favorite also becomes our entry in Rotterdam.

Here is current ranking:

But everything can change just with one vote! I can't wait for your wise decision.

Fierro

Re: Norway • WV90 NF: Lines closed, entry sent!

Thank you all who helped me to choose worth song for WV90. Hopefully results won't disappoint you. And me of course :mrgreen:

This time our selection had success gathering 13 juries which found offered lineup enjoyable enough to vote. Special appreciation to those who voted without special invitation from me:

George, Ashley - you guys always appear the moment I need you the most.

HipFlo - for keeping hip mood and always cheering for me, even when you despise my entries :lol:

Oualid, Robert - for your always valuable opinions as you are representing alternative side of WV.

Kai - for your short and accurate responses.

Yaroslav - for healthy criticism of each my NF lineup.

Also I'm really thankful to SaladBreak, Jordan, James, John1, Oleg and Ole for providing important sets of points. Together we are strong xhug

I start feeling this post is turning into presidental speech slowly so I finish now. See you in Rotterdam!

Fierro

Re: Norway • WV90 • Tone Damli - Winner of a Losing Game

Tone Damli represents Norway on WV90! xcheer

4dBJ7iV.jpg

The first time I listened to this song my thoughts were "I've heard this before. Definitely. But where?" I searched through different Eurovision tags but this song didn't come up anywhere. Where could I heard this before, indeed? No matter - it screamed hit for me, so I decided to check if I was right. And here we go!

Results spreadsheet for WV90 NF is shown below. It is very interesting as for me. I will not explain why - you come to conclusions by yourself :p I only need to mention that Hip Team consisting of DaFlo, Rainy and few other WV members has completely failed xcry I don't even know guys what I should send next edition for you to forget this nightmare. I guess ordinary hip hit won't work if you're craving blood :D

3CGFPtm.png

Anyway, I'm happy with the result as I was cheering for Tone Damli since the beginning. I could send her without NF but decided to do it risky way and this paid off xup Too sad I should go to Uusimaa for 3 editions - but there are some songs I really wanted to send for a long and I must use this chance. While writing this, I'm listening to numerous potential Norwegian entries from my YT playlist that you didn't hear yet. Hopefully I will come back soon and continue my work here :p Thank you everyone who voted, we are aiming at least for qualification here I think!​

DaFlo

Banned

This result is so scandalous, I consider taking Norway and never giving it back to you :twisted: xsnooty

Fierro

THANK YOU FOR 15TH PLACE xcheer

tone-2VfT-uaZ9iYGSdXjo9LgCQ.jpg

Seriously, this is good result. 16th place would feel much worse :lol: Now I have to say temporary "Goodbye" to Norway and go to Uusimaa. I hope to come back here soon (as I still have numerous options) and continue enjoying songs from this amazing region!

To summarize things up, this is my history of entries being juror of :no: so far:

WV83 || Anna of the North - Someone || 21st place
WV84 || Sol Heilo - America || 29th place
WV85 || Isabell Marie - Adrift || DNQ (18th in semi)
WV86 || a-ha - Take On Me || 2nd place
WV87 || Edvard Grieg - Morning Mood || 8th place
WV88 || Sigrid - Strangers || 11th place
WV89 || Donkeyboy - City Boy || DNQ (24th in semi)
WV90 || Tone Damli - Winner of a Losing Game || 15th place

Which entry did you like the most? And which you hated?

Thus said [MENTION=7480]Kimrt[/MENTION] is back to Norway and I wish him good luck xcheer

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I have a very basic answer for what was my favourite song you sent from Norway. "Take On Me" it is. A big classic. But I also really liked "Adrift". That had something very unique in the melody. "City Boy" is a song I didn't hear until now but i'm liking this one too. Feels very you. This electro pop sound is cool. The most memorable part of your stay though for me has to be the introduction to Kings of Convenience's music. They might not have been sent to the contest, but they've kind of stuck with me thanks to you. So your lil "Cayman Islands" NF flop is the special moment of your stay with Norway, at least to mexcrazy It's so adorablexheart

Good luck with Uusimaaxcrossed I'm interested to find out what you'll bring from this Finnish region.

BernadetteCydonia

so you'll never update 'this' section? :(

also sorry I forgot your NF :/

best of luck to wherever you go next and hola to Kimmy!

DaFlo

Banned

My favs:
Sigrid & Donkeyboy

My "don't you dare to send sth like this ever again":
a-ha & Edvard Grieg

My hope for the future:
H I P

Eulaliya

My faves: xlove
a-ha, Edvard Grieg, Tone Damli

Like: xheart
Anna of the North, Donkeyboy, Sigrid

Forgettable:
the rest tbh

Kimrt

Edvard Grieg haha screaming at that retro entry :D or I mean classic entry haha!

Strangers flop :eek: Tone Damli xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Norway 171 --- Helene Bøksle ---"Hugtatt"

This is so epic, Luis. This might sound weird but the unpredictable melody, the mixture of folk and classic rock elements, along with the general sweeping beauty of it gives me some serious Festivali i kenges vibes (have probably made myself look a bit crazy with that comparison). I can totally in my head hear someone like Rezarta Smaja singing it. The song builds itself up so beautifully. Gorgeous entry.

Top Bottom