5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky

Fader for me, I kinda like the studio version but something about the live version irritates me
Will do well in Liverpool, but I don't see it finish within the top 5 tho
Because Alessandra was out of tune in live. The studio version is nice, but the live isn't. Jone should have won. It's the only good song I've listened this year in the ESC bubble. Not to mention Keiino's new songs, if they count.

Ezio

Veteran
For me this is the absolute worst of the North this year. Actually this song is trash.

Norway, call Marcus and Martinus before it’s too late. They still got Air!

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Ava Max meets Keiino? it's kinda a bop and undoubtedly catchy, it's also very much... Norwegian (can't really pinpoint how), but the slightly over-the-top theatricals and on the nose lyrics (the latter is something I noticed being the case with Norwegian English language music in general) is slightly off-putting so a borderline top. 10 for me but still a pretty good Pop song so good job neighbors!

Deleted member 12761

Every singer has a bad day. We know she can deliver so I'm not concerned. The MV looks great. I hope she sings the intro live.

Ezio

Veteran
Since Norway didn't switch to Marcus and Martinus, I have to put them on last place of my Nordic Top 5 and very low in my overall ranking. She is a good singer unlike Blanka, but the song is so generic, I feel insulted. I never catch myself humming this song or thinking of it, so I doubt there is a lot of impact. It also fails to surprise the audience unlike many other female solo acts this year.

It's a dire 2 points from me.

empo21

Veteran
The artistic direction for the MV is certainly a choice, but I wouldn't worry about the performance. Keiino went furry for their MV, but their staging was alright. Hopefully...

VikingTiger

I confess:.... I am still loving this song and the live performance! Biased as hell - but in what I would say was the strongest norwegian NF in years there was not a doubt in my mind; Alessandra was the winner!
Her vocals were not perfect in the live performances (far from Blanca Paloma perfectness - but that cerntainly counts for almost all other contestants this year). BUT I really like Alessandras voice, and I found her live vocals to be pretty solid! I am not at all concerned for her vocal abilities.
The lyrics? Well, no masterpiece - but quite middle of the road pop lyrics. That doesnt ruin the whole impression for me.
The staging? Alessandra herself is a very strong performer. I agree with people commenting that the staging needs more light, though.
I've read that the team is working on some changes to the live version. Curious to see what thats about.
By the way; I absolutely ADORE the strong bass!

Loindici

Veteran
A bit OOT but Norway-related:

Remember Eline Noelia from 2022? Apparently one of her songs with Audur (who co-wrote her entry "Ecstasy" with her) is selected as the lead single off one of K-Pop's current hottest groups IVE

But listening to it, I think of three things:
1. It is similar to Queen of Kings in some aspects (which meand this kind of sound's rathe rpopular there)
2. I suspect it was pitched to Melodi Grand Prix before but got rejected.
3. That chorus is certified cheese.

AndroZeus

A bit OOT but Norway-related:

Remember Eline Noelia from 2022? Apparently one of her songs with Audur (who co-wrote her entry "Ecstasy" with her) is selected as the lead single off one of K-Pop's current hottest groups IVE

But listening to it, I think of three things:
1. It is similar to Queen of Kings in some aspects (which meand this kind of sound's rathe rpopular there)
2. I suspect it was pitched to Melodi Grand Prix before but got rejected.
3. That chorus is certified cheese.
Oh damn, that is VERY similar to Queen of Kings, from the melody in the verse to the overall structure to the beat in the chorus to the basic theme of the lyrics...

Iker

Veteran
And we don't know how much autotune was applied. The dilemma is: If she wants to improve her vocals, she may have to move less around on stage.

Why did they allow autotune in the first place though in Norway?! They have to know it's not allowed at the Eurovision.

jatojo

Why did they allow autotune in the first place though in Norway?! They have to know it's not allowed at the Eurovision.

Maybe they are just first-movers. I wouldn't be surprised to see autotune allowed at Eurovision later in this decade.

The official reason was that they want to make it easier for modern music genres to compete. I guess they were thinking of entries like that of Jone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom