25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
Love how everyone slept on Skrellex from the studio cuts - I could always hear that it had potential with a good performance, so it's nice to see that be rewarded. I'll be back later on for the entertainment of reading all the dramatic WTF posts over these results :lol:

Kitakaze

I’m not surprised with the results, Maria Celin and Akuvi were strangely underwhelming in all aspects. I‘d have given Stig a spot over Elin but otherwise Skrellex and Atle going through felt deserved. Too many female vocalists in one semi didn’t help.

jatojo

Tiril was a little out of breathe at times, but nothing serious. She looked stunning, so it's really a mystery how the drag queen and the primitive pop song by Thorp could beat it.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Freya NQing is so funny, fandom in absolute shambles, people need to stop wetting themselves at the mere mention of norse mythology in mediocre pop songs

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Still think it sucks that I could only vote for one, I wanted to vote for Akuvi and Maria Celin as well, but my vote went to Skrellex, as I thought he had the best song, and I'm happy he made it. :D

Now I have 3 songs to root for in the final - Jone, Alessandra and Skrellex. :)

Barish

Love how everyone slept on Skrellex from the studio cuts - I could always hear that it had potential with a good performance, so it's nice to see that be rewarded. I'll be back later on for the entertainment of reading all the dramatic WTF posts over these results :lol:
I am one of those :LOL: but after tonight I wouldnt be surprised at all if Skrellex has a top 3 finish. Very fun and am actually rooting for the song xcheer

MS.

Actually the song i liked the most live was Masterpiece. So i'm not surprised Atle qualified.
But i'm so disappointed by Maria Celin. She looked bored. The staging was horrible.
The choice of dress? It was like she was going to attend the funerals of her song.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Sad for Stig but those results are alright. I agree with @Barish how Atle's performance made Freya feel underwhelming. I'm not the biggest fan of Masterpiece but that was such slick presentation. The whole thing had a sheen to it we'd usually come to expect with Melodifestivalen. Not Meant To Be is perhaps my favourite song in this selection so I'm happy to see Eline make it. Skrellex gave the best performance. Her song really came alive on stage.

lasse braun

ha-ha i think now all potential ESC winner songs are out already in the MGP semis!xrollinglolxcookie

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
I'm blaming Akuvi's loss on the fact that she's last year's Queen Bee singer's sister. That song is still haunting MGP and it's very clear.

Kitakaze

People did the exact same thing with Hammer of Thor last year, they'll never learn
For all we know, Hammer of Thor could have finished 5th last year. I’m not sure if anyone actually expected it to win but it was still one of the most memorable songs and performances of last year?

Koori

Thorpe was off-key several times, and yet she progressed.
It's not only about the vocals. Akuvi had more than 50% of the song autotuned and sounded well - in her case for me it's complete lack of energy. Though I agree that Eline is a bit surprising, thought Tiril will take the 3rd spot

jatojo

Freya NQing is so funny, fandom in absolute shambles, people need to stop wetting themselves at the mere mention of norse mythology in mediocre pop songs

Thorpe and Skrellex's songs - they are the most mediocre pop songs I can imagine.

MopManMoss

Veteran
For all we know, Hammer of Thor could have finished 5th last year. I’m not sure if anyone actually expected it to win but it was still one of the most memorable songs and performances of last year?
Subwoolfer was my dead last last year you wont find me arguing that Norway should have sent something else however the fandom get overly attached to super generic cliche ridden songs especially in Scandinavian selections and then get upset when the obvious happens and they dont qualify

Top Bottom