5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroZeus

Why did they allow autotune in the first place though in Norway?! They have to know it's not allowed at the Eurovision.
There was a bunch of autotune at Sanremo, not just to correct pitch but as a stylistic choice in many of the songs. I guess it may be ESC future.

jatojo

There was a bunch of autotune at Sanremo, not just to correct pitch but as a stylistic choice in many of the songs. I guess it may be ESC future.

And maybe even other national finals had it. It just hasn't been announced?

AndroZeus

And maybe even other national finals had it. It just hasn't been announced?
I didn't notice it in other NFs I watched, just in Sanremo with all the hip-hop related acts.

ayzelto

Ok, I'll try to do a final review of all the songs I month before the contest (like 2 countries per day), as my opinion has changed quite a bit since the songs were released.

Opinion about the song: I'll kick off with this one. I have to confess I have never been the biggest fan of this song, but I also think Alessandra elevates it a bit with her empowerment and stage presence. Vocals needs to be improved a bit, although she sounded good enough in the national final. Not my favourite song, but not the worst either. My rating is 6/12.

Prediction: Sure qualifier. I believe televoters will like this more than juries, so I think her final result will be from 4th to 6th place.

Chorizo

Somehow this sounds like such a typical Eurovision song. There are better songs in the lineup, but this is one of the catchiest and most memorable songs this year. 8 points for being memorable.

I saw her 3rd live now. On first listening I had found this song a cringe. Now I also find her a bad vocalist. Not in a sense of her having bad vocals, but simply she doesn't know how to use it.

So, on top of "cringe", now I add "amateurish".

I fear this is seriously overhyped and that it won't get so much televote's attention as the bubble assumes.

I think that many people took way too seriously her performance in the pre-party. It's not a rehearsal or anything.

I wrote that I saw her "3rd live" and that series includes her MelFest performance which was not a pre-party "I took too serious", but most certainly was a Mae Muller Barcelona level of cheap and a disaster. So my opinion is based on her several lives and the overall impression of all of them.

Also, those technical difficulties at pre-parties really don't affect my ability to hear and judge. E.g. Brunette from Armenia had the same sound engineer as Alessandra had had. But she was perfect.

Lindon

SpiritofKeiino

I like this song personally.
I am leaning to a top 10 televote and jury vote. Not convinced on top 5 in either, but wouldn't write it off either if the performance is good enough and the running order is favourable.

Ezio

Veteran
Although I am not a fan of this song, I don't think the Swedish missile attack on Norway is justifiable at all. Sweden NQ!

njdevils94

Veteran
Don't think it's been mentioned here yet but the Italian version of :no: Queen of Kings is now out. Works better in English without a doubt but I would be interested to hear a bilingual version of half English/half Italian.

Wynnter

While the background beat of the chorus is incredibly basic, the rest of the flavour in the song thankfully keeps my interest high. And sometimes a song doesn't need to be experimental or filled with neat intricacies to be highly enjoyable. "Queen of Kings" has enough power to make the three minutes worthwhile and popping this through speakers with great bass is a ton of fun. I don't know what else to say. xdance

Final score: :10: points

SpiritofKeiino

Re Nordic entries, I'm in the minority on this as I much prefer this song to Tattoo and Cha Cha Cha.

I wonder if she draws 1st half in the GF, would she be given a 'late' first half slot OR will the producers throw her to the lions by putting her before slot 8, if they decide it's 'not a winner'?

If Loreen draws 1st half I'm pretty sure the producers will give it 12th/13th as they'll see it as a winner, I just wonder would Norway be viewed differently and 'sacrificed'.

babadabada

This so much overrated ! A top 10 result would be very well paid.
It hope this will fail to qualify. Nothing is interesting in this entry.

Top Bottom