25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Veteran
Subwoolfer should have entered Worst Kept Secret and then done the big reveal at the Eurovision finale
How iconic would that have been !

DirtyFalcon

Well seeing how viral and popular this is, i would not be surprised to see Norway approaches very closely or reach the 300 points bar at the televote this year like Maneskin, however not sure Alessandra would beat them especially if you have Cha Cha Cha chosen for Finland since they will also be a huge televote magnet.

From a french point of view, it's surprising and quite an achievement to see a nordic Eurovision entry being 1st on the Top 50 Viral in a non eurovision friendly country like France. It shows how powerful and popular this song can be.

DanielLuis

To be fair there is a path for this to win. If the song continues on going viral and starts charting across Europe that will be enough for the juries to give them an extra few amount of points than they would otherwise. They'd probably feel obliged to do so not to upset the fans of the entry and also because it would have proved itself in the market already. They would obviously need to score it top marks in the "hit potential" criteria.

ESC_Peggy

I don’t understand the Viral charts because I checked Spotify and Miley Cyrus “Flowers” peaked at #3 on global but had millions of videos within days and the whole world was talking about it.

ESC_Peggy

To be fair there is a path for this to win. If the song continues on going viral and starts charting across Europe that will be enough for the juries to give them an extra few amount of points than they would otherwise. They'd probably feel obliged to do so not to upset the fans of the entry and also because it would have proved itself in the market already. They would obviously need to score it top marks in the "hit potential" criteria.
That’s not a guarantee. It’s inoffensive and the song does have lots of green flags but her voice is not 100% wow. They didn’t care much about Spirit in the Sky or El Diablo.

It’s popular but it’s one of the first to be released so it has that advantage. We still have around 30 entries to go and a country could easily have a stronger entry (song + performer). Eaea isn’t going to be the most streamed song but people enjoy the performance.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12761

The song lacks something for me. I think it has a weak bridge. With a better bridge, maybe a dancebreak, I would consider it a potential winner song.

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

jatojo

If we had Mid-March I‘d say remarkable. But with about 30 songs to come - no.
But most of the songs are known by now. So it's not like Alika or Marco Mengoni are expected to go past her. And she's currently even with Finland - one of the big favourites. It looks like a top 10 - Norway was ranked 12th when Ulrikke was expected to win.

It's early days, yes. But the bookmakers are normally closer to the future result than random ESC people with various agendas. ;)

ESC_Peggy

But most of the songs are known by now. So it's not like Alika or Marco Mengoni are expected to go past her. And she's currently even with Finland - one of the big favourites. It looks like a top 10 - Norway was ranked 12th when Ulrikke was expected to win.

It's early days, yes. But the bookmakers are normally closer to the future result than random ESC people with various agendas. ;)
We know a lot of artists we don’t really know all the songs or how they perform. The odds are only accurate after rehearsals (e.g. Cyprus 2018) and anything can change them. Spain was not top 5 until April with a national final. The UK is 7th and nobody has a clue who they might choose. It’s good to be positive but victory is not sealed yet.

Last edited:

ollibox

Well seeing how viral and popular this is, i would not be surprised to see Norway approaches very closely or reach the 300 points bar at the televote this year like Maneskin, however not sure Alessandra would beat them especially if you have Cha Cha Cha chosen for Finland since they will also be a huge televote magnet.

From a french point of view, it's surprising and quite an achievement to see a nordic Eurovision entry being 1st on the Top 50 Viral in a non eurovision friendly country like France. It shows how powerful and popular this song can be.
Well. as much as I like Käärijä (quite a sure thing that they'll win UMK, btw), Queen of Kings is more universally likable song imo. Here and now I can predict that Allessandra will end up higher in the final in Liverpool (also, no question that they both will be there).

Idk, at least for me as an EDM guy, the psytrance beat in Alessandra's song is like valerian to a cat :p I even don't mind that she appears to be a bit weak for that specific song. I guess, she'll be on top even if she's off-key most of the song in the final :D
At least, among the songs released by now, she's a legitimate POWER HOUSE! xmetal

MooseShoes

Me too. Recent winners have had a much clearer relationship between the song and the person singing it. As good as Alessandra is, this song sounds like it could be sung by any other female singer without really losing its impact.

Having said that, I wouldn't rule anything out in the televote these days because there is no way I would have predicted the televote success of :no:2019 or :md:2022. Decent to good result with the televote? Yes, I would have been okay predicting that. 1st and 2nd respectively? No way.

jatojo

Me too. Recent winners have had a much clearer relationship between the song and the person singing it. As good as Alessandra is, this song sounds like it could be sung by any other female singer without really losing its impact.

Having said that, I wouldn't rule anything out in the televote these days because there is no way I would have predicted the televote success of :no:2019 or :md:2022. Decent to good result with the televote? Yes, I would have been okay predicting that. 1st and 2nd respectively? No way.

It's a very insisting song. I personally think it's a bit too noisy, but noisy songs have a good track record at Eurovision, and it's no coincidence that Norway currently is found in the top of the list together with the Czech Republic and Finland - the bookmakers are certain who will win the UMK, and if they are right, it will be another very noisy song!

Of course, there is still plenty of possibilities for a quiet ballad to score loads of jury points. But as I see it, there is no song of that category going to Liverpool at present.

aef

This is the biggest grower of the season for me - I really didn't like it at all at the begging, then I upgraded to :8: points step by step now I'm finally giving her :12: points, I mean I had this on repeat during the past days so... x12points

Top Bottom