FabiESC

01 Akuvi – Triumph 9/10
02 Atle Pettersen – Masterpiece 8/10
03 Maria Celin – Freya 8/10
04 Skrellex – Love Again 7/10
05 Tiril – Break It 7/10
06 Eline Thorp – Not Meant to Be 6/10
07 Stig van Eijk – Someday 3/10

Another Good Semi. I like what Norway doing this year, still on top for me Alessandra, i hope she wins.

theditz83

Veteran
I have no idea who will win this selection, plenty of people could take it to be honest. Just don't send something grab and uninteresting Norway please xpray

Alessandra and Jone's songs have a similar vibe in terms of the beat and triplet rhythms, so I hope they don't come together in the final running order or they'll just cancel each other out.

Also, Skrellex needed a more epic build-up to that key change - could've been an explosion but instead it was just a "STOP............ new key" - an opportunity missed lol

jatojo

"Not Meant to Be" - it's like the song is more interesting than her voice. This entry has many good elements but deserved a less polished vocal.

hijirio

Veteran
1- waist
2- love again
3- queen of kings
4- triumph
5- honestly

Neo

Okay I finally got around to watching Sandra Lyng‘s performance, and quite frankly she tanked herself. First she looks like E.T., then like a bleached Wonder Woman, the Slendermen come out for a split second, just to disappear again without ever having stepped out of the shadows or Sandra ever unteracting with them, plus the effect of the turning gear was very rocky. Overall, it was a bit like an overdramatized high school performance ☹️ It’s quite sad cause the vocals and the song were great, but the visual didn’t match it at all.

Yeah the look and staging was a disaster, not helped by NRK's notorious 10000W cold spotlight to the face combined with a zoom-in. But IMO what killed it off, was the a cappella parts. Too bizarre and killed the flow and groove.

Why do you say that?

The way Tiril's talked about and put in the last semi. You can sort of tell every year which they want to win, and when the media pushes hard on it, that can totally sway the public like with Tix (for his social message). Not quite there yet, but I bet she'll get top starting positions in both semi and final.

LivingOrganism

For me Freya and Triumph are definitely the best in this "heat", but I can't really decide which one is the best. Anyhow, the final is shaping up to be really interesting, but for some reason "Honestly" is not up my alley at all. My overall favorites are Elsie and those two from heat 3. Jone as a honourable mention I guess.

Mrm

Veteran
Tiril Breisland - "Break It" is my ultimate fave!! Go to the final Tiril! xyes
What a composition, what a mesmerizing haunting song.. 😍💕

hunty73

Tiril Breisland - "Break It" is my ultimate fave!! Go to the final Tiril! xyes
What a composition, what a mesmerizing haunting song.. 😍💕
'Cause everytime you come around I let you
Make it so hard to forget you xheart

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

elanyvx

Running order for the 3rd semifinal:

1. Akuvi
2. Tiril
3. Skrellex
4. Eline Thorp
5. Stig van Eijk
6. Maria Celin
7. Atle Pettersen

jatojo

Although I'm a big fan of Ulrikke, I think both 'Freya' and 'Break It' would have a bigger chance of winning Eurovision than 'Honestly'. And they would beat a song like Elsie Bay's, too - by a mile.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Ajeje Brazorf

Although I'm a big fan of Ulrikke, I think both 'Freya' and 'Break It' would have a bigger chance of winning Eurovision than 'Honestly'. And they would beat a song like Elsie Bay's, too - by a mile.

Honestly is not the best choice for Norway... Ulrikke is 5th in my rankings after Alessandra, Maria Celin, Tiril and Elsie in that particular order...

empo21

Veteran
Attention couldn't hold onto the hype it had when it won MGP. I remember it fizzling out before 2020 got canceled.

Of course it depends on the quality of this year, but I don't see Honestly doing well no matter how well performed it is. Which would be a shame considering Ulrikke's previous luck with eurovision.

They should've given her Tiril's song tbh.

Ajeje Brazorf

Attention couldn't hold onto the hype it had when it won MGP. I remember it fizzling out before 2020 got canceled.

Of course it depends on the quality of this year, but I don't see Honestly doing well no matter how well performed it is. Which would be a shame considering Ulrikke's previous luck with eurovision.

Attention was and still is way better than Honestly, I think it fits Ulrikke better as a song. Attention would have had a chance in Eurovision: it would have been difficult to win it, because Gjon, because Diodato, because Victoria, because Dadi Freyr... But could have won...

Honestly, on the other end, if Alika and Petunjia are selected in Estonia and Lithuania, is dead on arrival: both Bridges and Love of my Life are better as a ballad, have high quality vocals and are waaay more impactful, imo. Then you have to consider that outside the Eurovision fandom, Ulrikke is not so known. While her vocal abilities will surely shine, people will compare that song to the other ballads in the contest, if they are ballady people. So, even if I love Ulrikke as an artist and as a person, I don't think she should win this year 's MGP.

Last edited:

jatojo

Maybe so. When it comes to the live show, I think Ulrikke has a big advantage compared to Tiril though. When you look at Tiril's background, it reveals that she's far less experienced.

ArmpitOfEurope

Queen of kings of Freya should win.
Norway cant give us cruise ship level of cliche Ulrikke when they have those norwegian bops.

Top Bottom