Administrator

flag-800.png

Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
See where you're going, but I don’t know where you've been
Is that saliva or blood drippin' off your chin?
If you don’t like the name Keith I'ma call you Jim
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

And before that wolf eats my grandma
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf (Banana)

Yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Banana

I like the scent of every meal on your breath
That hunger in you, I'm in danger now, I guess
Let's go to grandma's, you say grandma tastes the best
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf
Someone give that wolf a banana

Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na
Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wo-o-olf

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith

• Hatrið
Reactions: Rob

BorisBubbles

Veteran
am i the only one who thinks subwoolfer's outfits look absolutely HIDEOUS? lol.
latest.png
+ sunglasses and fake ears and snouts =
unknown.png

also if those white things are supposed to be teeth... WHERE IS THE LOWER JAW ::shudders::

anyway i relistened to this and I liked it more on the second listen. It's still Lily/Elsie or bust though xheart

:8: Lily Löwe - "Bad Baby"
:8: Elsie Bay - "Death of Us"

:7: Maria Mohn - "Fly"
:7: Mari Bølla - "Your loss"
:6: Steffen Jakobsen - "With me tonight"
:6: Oda Gondrosen - "Hammer of Thor"
:6: Frode Vassel - "Black Flowers"
:6: Daniel Lukas - "Kvelertak"
:6: SubWoolfer - "Give that wolf a banana"
:6: Mira Craig - "We still here"
:6: Sofie Fellvjang - "Made of Glass"
:5:
Farida - "Dangerous"
:5: Sturla - "Skår i hjerte"
:5: Eline Noela - "Ecstacy"
(whoever decided to add a foghorn to this track, please quit your job)
:5: Kim Wigaard "La Melodia" (HORRIBLE. but Funny Horrible or Genuinely Horrible? I need a live for this)
:4: Anna-Lisa Kumoji - "Queen Bees"
:4: VILDE - "Titans"
:4: Alexandra Joner - "Hasta la vista"
:4: NorthKid - "Someone"

:1: TrollfesT - "Dance like a pink flamingo" (Horrible and 100% of the bad kind. Get this memedance cacaphony OUT of my life)
:1: Christian Ingebrigtsen - "Wonder of the world" (whoever though "three minutes of comparing your lover to man-made structures" made for a compelling entry, let alone an AUTO-QUALIFIER... die.)

Now what were the lies ESCNorge told us again? "Norway's selection really sets the bar high" (compared to... last year's MGP, yes, but that bar was not even on the ground, but in the ground) "but there's ONE SONG that really stands out" (watch Elsie lose to NorthKid in the gold final because their slightly-less-homely frontman won that Star Academy show) "that could WIN eurovision" (honey, if Elsie wins MGP you'll come 7th. If Lily wins ,you'll finish in the middle of the finale. If anyone else wins... GOOD FUCKING LUCK getting out of the SemiFinal)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Sorry, I think I put a little shy 9/10 next to Kim Wigaard's La Melodia earlier on this evening. That was a mistake. It was supposed to say "Kim Wigaard - La Melodia = 10/10".

tumblr_mjqf5yDUdr1ro74a3o1_500.gif

#TeamWig

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Where i trip over with Kim is the selfrighteousness of the lyrics. The composition itself lol xheart

Which is why i need a live version of his specifically. Like, this can either be an iconic ironic fave or pure evil (or both?!) and I have no fucking clue.

Tbh, while I gave fairly low scores, I feel like most of these songs are made for live performances and not for studio listens - so hopefully the shows themselves will be better.

I still hope TrollfesT get murdered (metaphorically... :)) for shitting on my totem animal like that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Also Rainy, i will have to applaud your foresight for ranking VILDA AJAX last xheart she's too insipid for red in my ranking but god enough of this basic ass archetype.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Where i trip over with Kim is the selfrighteousness of the lyrics. The composition itself lol xheart

Which is why i need a live version of his specifically. Like, this can either be an iconic ironic fave or pure evil (or both?!) and I have no fucking clue.

Yes, I get this. I was/perhaps still am to a degree hesitant but goodness, the composition. I'm laughing and getting slain at the same time. It's the kind of only at Eurovision ridiculousness I follow the contest for. If Mr. Wigaard pulls this off it will be a legendary moment, but there's a chance it could go wrong. My favourite part is when he goes la la la. Pure emotion.

Also Rainy, i will have to applaud your foresight for ranking VILDA AJAX last xheart she's too insipid for red in my ranking but god enough of this basic ass archetype.

I want my three minutes back. I cannot point out a single redeeming quality with this one. That chanty chorus. The lyrics. Good gosh, I'm triggered by it all.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
eh.

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

These are great, love them [8-9] 🌟
Mira Craig - We Still Here 9
Kim Wigaard - La Melodia 8
Steffen Jakobsen - With Me Tonight 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Alexandra Joner - Hasta La Vista 7
Frode Vassel - Black Flowers 6
Lily Lowe - Bad Baby 6
Elsie Bay - Death Of Us 6
Mari Bolla - Your Loss 6
Eline Noelia - Ecstasy 6
Farida - Dangerous 6
Maria Mohn - Fly 6

Eh. Not good, not awful [4-5] 😶
Vilde - Titans 5
Anna Lisa Kumoji - Queen Bees 5
Oda Gondrosen - Hammer of Thor 4
Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana 4
Sofie Fjellvang - Made of Glass 4
Daniel Lukas - Kvelertak 4
Sturla - Skar I Hjerte 4
Christian Ingebrigtsen - Wonder of the World 4

Bad, simple as [3-2] 😒
Northkid - Someone 3

Tragic mess [1] 🤢
Trollfest - Dance Like a Pink Flamingo 1

Not NRK deciding that we yet again need a 97 semi final'ed NF containing nothing but CO-OP store filler music. I mean, I started listening so optimisticly as I always usually find something to hype about Norway. Luckily I was gifted the bouncy and slightly ethno Mira Craig song, and endless La's from Kim Wigaard, but this is really not it. If you don't have the quality, don't do the big ass NFs, take a note of DMGP one nighter that doesn't subject us to weeks of mediocrity - just 1 night of it. At least they know whats up. Naturally, as its come to be, the one song that has everyone soaking wet I found average at best. Death of Us is so very try hard and overdone. It needs to chill the hell out big time. It's like they threw everything big at it to make it as big and grand and explosive as possible. It's like Victorias song meeting Gjon Tears staging and it made a song. She also has an indie girl kitchen, if her voice is anythingto go by, which at this point irritates me. Obviously it's winning this selection, lel, and I can totally see why it will and why people love it - but i don't join them in it.

LivingOrganism

My current favorites (if anyone's interested in that lol):

- Farida - Dangerous - Absolutely amazing vocals and surprisingly catchy for a ballad.
- Maria Mohn - Fly - Real masterpiece, a great an ethnic vibe, beautiful vocals and instrumentals.
- Subwoolfer - Give that Wolf a Banana - As stupid as it looks at first glance, this is definitely the catchiest song in the competiton and the production is very professional. It honestly has an international hit potential, if it was to win MGP.
- Elsie Bay - Death of Us - Stunning vocals and instrumentals. Has a very emotional and epic vibe.

There's no specific order here, I will think about that later. For now, these 4 songs are the ones I like the most and I would be happy if any of them won MGP 2022. Also a honorable mention goes to Kim Wigaard - La Melodia. I really love this one, but not as much as the aforementioned four.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
giphy.gif

Fly performed by Maria Mohn
Death Of Us performed by Elsie Bay
With Me Tonight performed by Steffen Jakobsen
Bad Baby performed by Lilly Löwe
Give That Wolf A Banana performed by Ylvis Subwoolfer
Kvelertak performed by Daniel Lukas
Skår i hjerte performed by Sturla
Hammer of Thor performed by Oda Gondrosen
Hasta La Vista performed by Alexandra Joner
We Still Here performed by Mira Craig

Your Loss performed by Maria Bølla
Dangerous performed by Farida
Dance Like A Pink Flamingo performed by TrollfesT
Titans performed by VILDE
Made of Glass performed by Sofie Fjellvang

Queen Bees performed by Anna-Lisa Kumoji
Someone performed by Northkid
Black Flowers performed by Frode Vassel
La Melodia performed by Kim Wigaard
Ecstasy performed by Eline Noelia
Wonder of the World performed by Christian Ingebrigsten

lasse braun

meanwhile i have heard all songs in a session and i have found only one good song in a weaker field.
the only song i like (after listening twice all song) is hammer of thor.
this song has,if brought well on stage some potential. xqueenbitch

Last edited:

hpp0

Well it is a pretty good nf. Not many exciting songs but too many boring or generic ones either.

The ones that stood out the most to me where Death of Us and Dangerous. Both are lovely songs with nice melodies, although I prefer the former cause I like the instrumentation more.

I kinda like We Still Here, With Me Tonight and Hammer of Thor though something is missing from each of them, for me to say I like them.

Bad Baby was pretty good but maybe for another year? Though so far it doesn't seem like there will be that many rock songs in the actual competition, I think the song would be more successful if it participated a few years later.

mauve

Veteran
TrollfesT is the current favorite to win semfinal 1 followed by Eline Noelia.

I would have never thought that. I do like the song, but there are truly other songs in this section that are more worth it (Fly ect.). Boris won't be happy about that ... :LOL:

MooseShoes

Just listened to them all. Oh dear ... :(

"Death of Us" and "Bad Baby" are the only ones I can give pass marks to. Even then - they are still not going to blow everyone away. Although let's see how some of them look live - it CAN make a difference.

This was a really disappointing mix of bland , generic pap and over the top *NOISE*

Keiino will be kicking themselves #WrongYear
Glad to know I'm not alone. I'm fact, I eventually gave up and went full-on Alesia Michelle and just listened to a recap. I think it was the right decision.

"Death of us" is pleasant enough, has some lovely twists to it, but I'm not sure about those marching drums in the middle of it. Oh, and some real strings would be lovely too, please.

mauve

Veteran
meanwhile i have heard all songs in a session and i have found only one good song in a weaker field.
the only song i like (after listening twice all song) is hammer of thor.
this song has,if brought well on stage some potential. xqueenbitch

Okay, that was the last song that I missed to listen to yesterday. Fantastic. Goes right into my top 5. :love:

harey

@Mimmon it's not Fly by Maria Mohn on your video!

_____
My top 10 with the studio versions:
1. Fly xheat ;
2. Hammer of Thor xlove ;
3. Kvelertak xmusic ;
4. Dance like a pink flamingo xmetal ;
5. Your loss xdance2;
6. Bad baby xmetal ;
---
7. Death of us ;
8. With me tonight ;
9. Ecstasy ;
10. Give that wolf a banana.

Last edited:

Kaz

Okay y'all I have to admit something. 2022 marks 10 years since I started watching Eurovision (although I didn't start following NFs until 2014) and I have to say that I've never actually heard a song which has made me think "this is the winner of the contest". People love to point out songs like Arcade, Occidentali's Karma, or even Toy when mentioning songs which instantly gave off "winner vibes" but TBH I have never had this experience with a song.

Until today.

"Death of Us" feels like if Duncan Laurence, Ulrikke, and Lana Del Rey had a threeway love child, and it combines the best parts of all three. It has the raw emotion of Arcade, the power and crescendo of Attention, and the ambient magic of Lana Del Rey which makes you want to cathartically sob into your pillow while reminiscing on your failed relationships.

An official(?) Norwegian Eurovision account tweeted yesterday about how they have a "potential winner" in this year's MGP, and I honestly don't think that this was written through any kind of nationalistic rose-coloured glasses. Elsie really is a potential winner.

MGP has some great songs every year but my God I will mentally cancel the entire country of Norway if they mess this up again after last year.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
An improvement from last year, but there's still too much filler content for a national final such as MGP (or how it used to be). Anyway, having songs I can safely give 10/10 is a big plus.

Maria Mohn - "Fly" 10/10
Oda Gondrosen - "Hammer Of Thor" 10/10
Elsie Bay - "Death of Us" 9/10

Kim Wigaard - "La Melodia" 8/10
Mira Craig - "We Still Here" 8/10
Alexandra Joner - "Hasta la vista" 7.5/10
Steffen Jakobsen - "With Me Tonight" 7.5/10

Frode Vassel - "Black Flowers" 7/10
Farida - "Dangerous" 7/10

Eline Noelia – "Ecstasy" 6/10
Lily Löwe - "Bad Baby" 6/10
Subwoolfer - "Give That Wolf a Banana" 5/10
Anna-Lisa Kumoji - "Queen Bees" 5/10
Vilde - "Titans" 5/10
Daniel Lukas - "Kvelertak" 5/10
Sofie Fjellvang - "Made Of Glass" 5/10

Mari Bølla - "Your Loss" 4/10
NorthKid - "Someone" 3/10
Sturla - "Skår i hjertet" 3/10

TrollfesT - "Dance Like a Pink Flamingo" 1/10
Christian Ingebrigtsen - "Wonder Of The World" 0/10

Christian's poor attempt at a romantic ballad missed its way into Selectia Nationala, it would've fit perfectly. Such a bad cheese. TrollfesT is just another lolfunny Norwegian attempt, I never really appreciate these.

Top Bottom