Administrator

flag-800.png

Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
See where you're going, but I don’t know where you've been
Is that saliva or blood drippin' off your chin?
If you don’t like the name Keith I'ma call you Jim
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

And before that wolf eats my grandma
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf (Banana)

Yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Banana

I like the scent of every meal on your breath
That hunger in you, I'm in danger now, I guess
Let's go to grandma's, you say grandma tastes the best
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf
Someone give that wolf a banana

Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na
Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wo-o-olf

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith

• Hatrið
Reactions: Rob

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Frode slaying the cringelords xheart Qualification fully earned for that feat. xheart His reac to that btw xheart

IMG_3995.jpg

Gj broski your reward is being ranked among the Greens when i post my post-show ranking xheart

CPV4931

Not very satisfied with the songs in yesterday´s Semi, but Black Flowers was the best choice for me

hpp0

I think that while "Black Flowers" might not be the best song of the semi, it was the least bad performance so it is kinda fair that it won.

I also really liked Elsie's performance but it would have been something else if a live orchestra was allowed. The staging idea was great but something was missing in some parts of the performance.

Sammy

Veteran
I‘m happy with black flowers being qualified. The camerawork with Elines performance was really bad. The cuts were not synchronized properly with the structure of her choreography, especially during the first chorus.

HayashiM

Veteran
I've watched the first round now going in blind about the songs, and it would seem I didn't miss much yesterday. Death of us is the only one really worth talking about.

I was rather unconvinced by Elsie's vocals on the first replay, and captivated by the gorgeous instrumentals at the same time... so I almost missed how clever songwriting this is. With many motives and keychanges thrown around yet things mostly easily blending together, I am very impressed (y)...

...and yet I am on the fence, because the full package leaves me somewhat colder and emptier than I would have wanted it to. Could perhaps some other performer sell it better? Or am I supposed to feel this way due to the song's theme?

The rest was a nonevent, please bring 2021's quality back IOTAP

Mainshow

Veteran
I've watched the first round now going in blind about the songs, and it would seem I didn't miss much yesterday. Death of us is the only one really worth talking about.

I was rather unconvinced by Elsie's vocals on the first replay, and captivated by the gorgeous instrumentals at the same time... so I almost missed how clever songwriting this is. With many motives and keychanges thrown around yet things mostly easily blending together, I am very impressed (y)...

...and yet I am on the fence, because the full package leaves me somewhat colder and emptier than I would have wanted it to. Could perhaps some other performer sell it better? Or am I supposed to feel this way due to the song's theme?

The rest was a nonevent, please bring 2021's quality back IOTAP

I fully agree with you. I´ve also previously mentioned that I wasn´t really impressed by the live performance of "Death of Us".
It was a good performance but somehow, it also left me cold. Neither did I fully enjoy her vocals nor the performance. The song itself is incredibly well-written and well-composed but Elsie wasn´t able to recreate the atmosphere of the song on stage. The whole act didn´t connect to me despite the fact that "Death of Us" is my favourite song from the entire preselection.

Mrm

Veteran
I really do not like the first 2 finalists:

1. Frode Vassel - "Black Flowers" 2/10
2. Elsie Bay - "Death of Us" 2/10

:(

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek

Are you satisfied enough? :lol:

And how did you rank THE QUEEN!?

:lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
@Mrm
Trollfest was the highlight of yesterday. Honestly, i'd be shocked if norway actually send them to eurovision, but i definitely expected them winning the heat easilly.

Mira gave me something to look at, so i might as well rank her 2nd. :lol:
(let's not pretend that "we are, we are, we are" cheese and a high pitched singing that sounds like its computer generated are a some sort of a tough competition)

I like Elsie Bay though. xmusic

aef

Death Of Us grow even more on me during the past days - and I already liked it a lot at the beginning! Btw I haven't been a Victoria fan at all - I think Elsie is going in a similar direction concerning her vocal style and her way of singing but in the end her song is way more powerful than Victoria's...

I have to be honest though, I wasn't instantly sold by her live performance yesterday. Her voice is even more distinctive live and it actually felt quite off-putting at the first listening. But today I gave it another try and I liked the live performance a lot more than yesterday.

Of course the really need to fixe the staging though! With a really good staging this can be top 5 at Eurovision!

aef

Ringdalen

Hey guys. I´m about to contact some MGP artists to hear if they wanna do some interviews for "Eurovision Talk". My MGP interviews have always been in norwegian, but I was wondering if there would be interest in me doing at least some of them in english this year? Since many don´t have any previous English interviews out online.

mauve

Veteran
I thought it was among your favourites at the beginning?
In the beginning actually yes - but sadly it faded VERY quickly because just as you said in your other post, it (her singing) reminds me too much of Victoria, and I didn't like her at all. I HOPED that maybe her performance would convince me again otherwise, but it was another huge letdown yesterday for me. It didn't reach me at all. :(

aef

In the beginning actually yes - but sadly it faded VERY quickly because just as you said in your other post, it (her singing) reminds me too much of Victoria, and I didn't like her at all. I HOPED that maybe her performance would convince me again otherwise, but it was another huge letdown yesterday for me. It didn't reach me at all. :(
Okay sad... Well I definitely agree on Victoria but for me Elsies song simply a very intriguing, captivating composition somehow. Victoria always sang in a very unpleasant way and her songs felt so off-putting and annoying to me.

Let's really hope for a better staging for Death of Us, maybe they will surprise us in the final with some improvements!

mauve

Veteran
Okay sad... Well I definitely agree on Victoria but for me Elsies song simply a very intriguing, captivating composition somehow. Victoria always sang in a very unpleasant way and her songs felt so off-putting and annoying to me.

Let's really hope for a better staging for Death of Us, maybe they will surprise us in the final with some improvements!
I absolutely agree with you on the composition aspect. That's why I really loved the song in the beginning, despite the fact that I wasn't fond of her singing. And to me her live vocals put me more off than in her video. :( Composition-wise, I really like it. But in my case, when I really don't like a voice, the song crumbles.

Killer Dog

How does the voting system work for MGP this year? There's obviously a public vote as we were able to vote online, but is there a jury this year as well? This information doesn't seem to be detailed clearly anywhere...

Top Bottom