Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
To those who missed the whole thing, you can watch Semi #1 here:

Looren

Veteran
STINA SLAYED !!!! Tix was really good ! KEiiNO were not bad, "Playing With Fire" was not bad too, the other two songs were bad

The joke song didn't deserve to go to the final :(

Stina robbed

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Joke song? You do realized Blåsemafian is the most credible of the four songs in that semifinal right? the one most likely to actually become a hit? the only entry that actually staged correctly?

I really should stop asking rhetorical questions under influence -_- *hits ignore button*

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
"Let loose" is a female song :O I didn't expect that! I saw the guys with the trumpets in the photos online related to this song, so I thought it was a male song. Thank God it's not. Well done for tonight, Norway!

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees best song through to the final xheart

also "Playing With Fire" really surprised me tonight, a very fun and funky performance xheat i liked it

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I'm trying not to get too interested in MGP this year after the scandal last year, so I won't watch the semi finals live. :eek: I have caught up on today's songs now tho. Blåsemafian feat. Hazel was definitely my favorite, so I'm happy about the result, but there will apparently be a "last chance" show on my birthday, and I will probably vote for Jorn to get the last spot in the final. At least so far.

KEiiNO: I prefer Spirit In The Sky over Monument, but it's still a really good song. ;)
TIX: Even tho his lyrics when he made party music was way over the top, I still preferred that over the pop music he makes now... But his popularity has gone thru the skies lately, and he could actually win this.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
It always stings when my favorites have to end up in the initial duel with each other, because in my heart of hearts I want both of them to advance.

That being said, it should've been Jorn vs Blåsemafian in the gold duel. Both of them had much better overall performances and staging than duel 1. Hopefully this doesn't repeat for the next semi final.

giphy.gif

LOVED LOVED KEiiNO's performance, TIX's had some interesting staging, loved his wing coat, the DRAMA of it all with that train.

Mrm

Veteran
Okay I have to admit that "Monument" is really catchy and I'm humming it the whole day..

And I liked their outfit a lot..

But, still..

hzj1Qy6.gif

VikingTiger

Before the live show I was rather sure that Jorn would get the ticket to the final. I still find Faith Bloody Faith to be a strong contender.
Stina showed out (to no suprise) not to be a strong enough performer for her song.
After seeing and listening to the 2 entries in the second duel I got unsure. I found Blåsemafian to be really good live - although the female vocals were not all on track. They made great use of the stage and the screens, and they came through as 3 very likeable guys-next-door.
Jorn on the other hand had a better song than performance in my opinion. His vocals were absolutely great, but his body language was kind of stiff and he had some strange facial expressions (reminded me of someone suffering from constipation trying to... well, you know...).

VikingTiger

TIX? Not my cup of tea, although this song is rather ok. And I like that he is using norwegian lyrics. But his song is already a Spofity hit. And he has said that if he would win, there is already english lyrics for the song....

Keiino. I am a fan. And in my humble opinion Monument is their best song untill now, although it is not as instant as SitS. But the lyrics and the instrumentation and the joik mixed into the song seems more mature and polished that in their first attempt. And then you have Alexandra's vocals... I was always a fan of her voice since whe worked with Alan Walker. And now her live performance was even more stunning. I do expect some changes to their performance in the final. It doesnt take more than some more colour in the lazer beams...

theditz83

Veteran
KEiiNO will up the staging in the final for sure, I just took this to be a preview performance to allow the song to shine and they did that perfectly. All of the fireworks and visuals can be saved as a nice surprise for the night itself xup

I was surprised by the winning song last night, but like Gera said, I'm not at all invested in any of these - my winners are already in the final xlove

mauve

Veteran
Sorry for spoiling the mood, but I don´t get the overly positive reactions about Keiino at all. xshrug

It's such an earworm and stucking in your head. I also loved their performance yesterday. Fantastic voices and a great staging. :love: But hey, we can't always have the same opinion! ;)

ESC94

@mauve

Well, I wasn´t even a fan of "Spirit in the Sky", for me their music falls into the category "ethno trash".

I will probably get killed for this comment, but that´s simply my opinion.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom