Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Remisan

Since I grew up in Japan, I know them! They were played on TV all over again! :ROFLMAO:
Actually, I like Tackey (Takizawa Hideaki) more as an actor, but their songs are cheerful and funny. Takizawa is now not a singer, but he is a president of the Johnny & Associates subsidiary. (y)

Sorry about offtop xblush

As for the Fallen Angel, many of my acquaintances (30 years and older) also seem it to be similar to 2000s. But then I see that the boysband's music really looks different.
So maybe image and the lyrics remind us 00s. In my youth, many young people had nicknames like Fallen Angel or Black Angel, and the theme of fallen angels, angels in love flashed here and there in the poems and stories of adolescents in 2000. xthink

Last edited:

VikingTiger

I can fully see why people get a "boyband-feeling" when listening to Fallen Angel; it has a quite instant melody and TIX has put several layers of his (male) voice on top of each other.

But - I am not about to duck into the (still) ongoing discussion here.
When it comes to boybands.....

Jopi

I can fully see why people get a "boyband-feeling" when listening to Fallen Angel; it has a quite instant melody and TIX has put several layers of his (male) voice on top of each other.
Are those his vocal layers or just backing vocals? I read both answers haha but I'm really curious which one is it.:unsure:

A-lister

Veteran
God bless this thread and everyone :ROFLMAO:

No, it really didn't become clearer, I'm sorry :lol: And all the other examples here really don't sound like Fallen Angel at all, it's so funny :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't call it Electro Pop either (even though it states so on the German Wikipedia page), but it reminds me more of early 2010's Pop than anything, you know – the likes of Owl City and such. Distorted voice, keyboard, faint strings, dreamy lyrics, really explosive chorus, tame strophes, somewhat tame bridge as well (where you often have that dramatic key change and build-up in boyband songs), again: also no signs of vocal fry. The choir reminds me also of Bastille's Pompeii. Funnily enough, that's also the time period where TIX started producing music.

And concerning the lyrics; I found this comment about his music under one of his videos (not sure what's the original source, probably an interview in Norwegian or something):

His own words about his music: «I’m making music for people to connect with, I’m not making music to please the music critics. I want to make songs people understand and can relate to. I'll be the soundtrack to the life of the guy who has been working his ass off all week and is just looking forward to the weekend. I'm there for the girl who has had her heart broken for the first time. I am there for the boy who wants to get out of the closet but does not dare to say it. I am there for all those who feel loneliness and all those who want to get away from loneliness. To get that message out, or to be there for so many different people, things and songs can’t be too complicated. It's a bit like eating pizza with a knife and fork.»

They are not meant to be "deep" and I don't think anyone actually claims so. You put your own expectations onto someone's work without checking up on his intentions, it's like saying: "Why is this Fiat not a Ferrari?" xshrug

Do you refer to the background music and production again? Because composition and melody is more boyband ballad than those 2010's Pop songs you refer to...

I mean c'mon, Bastille? And you think my comparison is far off :lol:

No, alot people claim his lyrics are so deep and tackles the issue of mental illness, I'm just pointing out it's not.

Jopi

TIX, the one-man boyband. Case closed xqueenbitch

He's so smart omg!xhmmm
That's what makes uuuuu beautifuuuul
Good one, but my favourite is this song:

My sister used to be a huge fan of Blue, but I also like some of their songs. I think Blue and Westlife were vocally the most talented boygroups.
Like that one too, actually I like too many Blue's songsxheya

A-lister

Veteran
Guys, I said "early 00's boyband ballad", why are y'all posting like uptempo tracks or R&B stuff? :lol:

Oh and obviously TIX is a single person so can't do harmonies, but composition and melody though...

Franzilein

Do you refer to the background music and production again? Because composition and melody is more boyband ballad than those 2010's Pop songs you refer to...

I mean c'mon, Bastille? And you think my comparison is far off :lol:

No, alot people claim his lyrics are so deep and tackles the issue of mental illness, I'm just pointing out it's not.

Then give an example and stop talking around the bush. You have tons of references here where nobody thinks "Yes, this is like FA."
What is specifically boybandish about FA? Breaking news, it is a pop ballad, written in Moll, bpm around 90 – like most other (pop) ballads in existence. What about the melody and CoMpOsItIoN reminds you specifically about them?
And I referenced the choir in Pompeii, not Bastille in general (even though they also like to include electronic sounds). Reading comprehension is very important, but since I had to repeat myself in my comments earlier already when others apparently understood what I wrote, I get this is a recurrent issue.

And once again: "Alot people claim his lyrics are so deep and tackles the issue of mental illness, I'm just pointing out it's not." [Citation needed]
What I read is that they are able to connect to the lyrics, which is TIX' intention all along. Not that they are deep.

Top Bottom