Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
posted this (in the General Eurovision forum but expunged the parts not being relevant to NOrway)

I just made my family watch all 20 entries and usually, they are not that "far off" in terms of prediction(s). Before my grandmother went fully dementia and alzheimer-ish, I thought that we were quite a nice "demographic compass" since we are basically a mixed (Eastern and West Europe) as well as 50:50 male/female and three generations - and sometimes fan favourites do not get that high in our rankings etc.

Anyway, so far my parents think that either :lt: or :fr: will win this year - this isn't really a surprise, I guess BUT my mother also mentioned another country and I was like WTF! - She really does adore :no: - she loves TIX's voice, said that this even gave her goosebumps and after Covid-19 this is just the right amount of kitsch - that kind of kitsch people need + the 90's throwback sound is great as well.

I had to laugh - I shared this with part of the German fanclub (we usually meet once per month) and I was totally surprised that :no: had many fans there as well.

I think we are sleeping on this one. I honestly can't understand it but I think we will have a Michal Szpak scenario here.

#FREEBRITNEY

grazy2266

The song is not bad, but vocally he has so many layers added to the song I kind of have trouble hearing him singing, of course you need layers and extra vocals to fill an arena, but this has so many, although we are allowed more backing this year, so that should allow a good live performance still.

VikingTiger

hi I wrote something.

Sorry, but this seems like any another conspiration theory that we see so many of these days whether it’s about Covid19, the vaccine, or any other field in societ. Do we really need any more of that?

You have your theory that “NRK had a masterplan for a KEIINO victory”, and then you are looking for any clue you can find to support your theory. Your argumentation is rather incoherent.
I agree that having big names in the first semi was probably to boost the MGP 2021 – a completely sensible thing to do for any broadcaster. I support that, as I want the MGP to stay popular in Norway. I have common interests with NRK in that sense.
The juries were abolished. In norway the music journalist have been praising KEIINO and slaughtering TIX. So abolishing the juries should rather help KEIINO than TIX.
I voted in most of the semis – not spending a single Kroner. Voting was all free. In your text you are several times mentioning money as a reason for NRKs decisions this year… Did you do any research at all?
If NRK wanted KEIINO to win so badly, why would they invite TIX? It would make more sense not to give them any competition at all. I am sure NRK was well beward of the fact that TIX has been one of the more popular artists in Norway for years - unlike Keiino.
In a competition with more than 20 entries, there will always be just a few that can be concidered real contenders for the win. So most entries till be less competitive, I can hardly see how that could be different.
You claim that Jorn and Blåsemafiaen are “more welknown names”. Are you sure about that? Yes, it turns out that Jorn has a big name in rock. I did not know that. How many of the 1,1 mill viewers of the MGP final knew? And Blåsemafiaen?? Where on earth did you get information about them being more known?

I think we really dont need more conspiration theories in the word, and not in our little ESC bubble either.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
You claim that Jorn and Blåsemafiaen are “more welknown names”. Are you sure about that? Yes, it turns out that Jorn has a big name in rock. I did not know that. How many of the 1,1 mill viewers of the MGP final knew? And Blåsemafiaen?? Where on earth did you get information about them being more known?

I think we really dont need more conspiration theories in the word, and not in our little ESC bubble either.
Just wanna comment on this. Jorn is BIG - maybe even a legend - in the rock world, but I figured the people that are into his music doesn't care a second about MGP or Eurovision. And that was probably right, since he was eliminated in the semi. Not saying there aren't gay rockers at rock festivals, but I've never seen anyone wear glitter at one of those. The world of MGP/ESC is pretty far from Tons of Rock (Norway's biggest rock festival). But then he started reaching out to his fans before Sistesjansen, and suddenly he was in with a shot at winning this. Could have done well in Rotterdam, if he had managed to reach out to his international fans as well. Blåsemafian on the other hand... Complete strangers, probably to everyone except their friends and families until MGP.

I thought KEiiNO had this as the final went on, but saw Tix as an underdog, because he is pretty popular. Still, in the MGP/ESC world, I figured KEiiNO's popularity would make them winners. Guess I was wrong on that one.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I just want that tix #OpensUp to eurovision fans. He is the only singer with Private account. But also he is the singer with most 0 pts on this forum so what do i know. we can't learn more about him, if he doesn't #OpenUp
Also, i think It is time for him to start speaking in english or is he still focused on Norwegians as I've noticed before he went private. Do Norwegians even have english in schools??

A-lister

Veteran
Now when Denmark confirmed Danish, please Norway take a hint and go with the original Norwegian version instead! You can still change, no need to sell-out! It would be awesome to have more Scandinavian languages in ESC, in fact it seems this ESC will have the least native languages in any edition which is a true loss for European diversity :( But we all know there IS a Norwegian version of the entry...

Oh well, I know NRK won't change their mind on this but one can still hope....

Elina UA

I just want that tix #OpensUp to eurovision fans. He is the only singer with Private account. But also he is the singer with most 0 pts on this forum so what do i know. we can't learn more about him, if he doesn't #OpenUp
Also, i think It is time for him to start speaking in english or is he still focused on Norwegians as I've noticed before he went private. Do Norwegians even have english in schools??
You care so much about TIX's Insta and Norwegian educational system, so kind of you.xlove

Ezio

Veteran
It is so ridiculous how unbothered MalTol is by every other selection. Only here to intoxicate this thread and probably Austria’s soon again

Elina UA

It is so ridiculous how unbothered MalTol is by every other selection. Only here to intoxicate this thread and probably Austria’s soon again
I would be glad if he intoxicated Ukrainian thread. Would be so many pAgEs. And now there is tumbleweed.

Didn't you know? The more haters buzz, the more lovers gonna root for and vote.xhug

VikingTiger

Now when Denmark confirmed Danish, please Norway take a hint and go with the original Norwegian version instead! You can still change, no need to sell-out! It would be awesome to have more Scandinavian languages in ESC, in fact it seems this ESC will have the least native languages in any edition which is a true loss for European diversity :( But we all know there IS a Norwegian version of the entry...

Oh well, I know NRK won't change their mind on this but one can still hope....

I agree that I'd love to hear the norwegian version in Rotterdam. But I dont think it's up to NRK to decide. I think this is completely up to TIX - and he has already made up him mind it seems.

A-lister

Veteran
I agree that I'd love to hear the norwegian version in Rotterdam. But I dont think it's up to NRK to decide. I think this is completely up to TIX - and he has already made up him mind it seems.

Oh well, NRK or TIX then... so your broadcaster has no say at all?

In Sweden, from my understanding at least, the times we had Swedish language entries winning MF since 1999 and onwards, SVT and the MF team at least had some input in what language would end up in ESC eventually (and unfortunately it always ended up with English and sometimes with pretty bad English versions as well such as in 2000 and 2004).

VikingTiger

Oh well, NRK or TIX then... so your broadcaster has no say at all?

In Sweden, from my understanding at least, the times we had Swedish language entries winning MF since 1999 and onwards, SVT and the MF team at least had some input in what language would end up in ESC eventually (and unfortunately it always ended up with English and sometimes with pretty bad English versions as well such as in 2000 and 2004).
I dont have any inside information, but I think NRK always leaves it all up to the artist to decide. Which I think is the right thing to do. But I cant remember any norwegian artist changing the song's language (or doing a revamp for that sake). As far as I remember TIX changing the language from the presentation of the song til the final was a first time ever.

A-lister

Veteran
I dont have any inside information, but I think NRK always leaves it all up to the artist to decide. Which I think is the right thing to do. But I cant remember any norwegian artist changing the song's language (or doing a revamp for that sake). As far as I remember TIX changing the language from the presentation of the song til the final was a first time ever.

Yeah, I mean revamps are not something we do much in Scandinavia/Nordic as a whole. As for switching to English, you'd obviously have to choose a non-English entry first, from my memory since abolishing the language rule in ESC, only once did a Norwegian language entry win your national selection right? (as comparison to Sweden, 5 times since 1999 our winning NF entries were originally in Swedish, on the other hand Melfest didn't allow non-Swedish language entries before 2002).

crashworld

Veteran
But have you all considered the fact that TIX is changing the song to English is because he wants to break into the international music scene? And what good way to do it via Eurovision? But too bad, he has incurred the wrath from those who supported KeiiNo.

Elina UA

Omg, it came to mind only now, but Roxen's music video is actually what I had in my head when I was thinking about right staging for Fallen Angel:oops: Just SWITCH GREY TO BLACK AND YOU HAVE THE PERFECT STAGING, DEAR.xqueenbitch

A-lister

Veteran
But have you all considered the fact that TIX is changing the song to English is because he wants to break into the international music scene? And what good way to do it via Eurovision? But too bad, he has incurred the wrath from those who supported KeiiNo.
Yet rarely any act entering ESC managed to break into the international music scene so it's better to stay authentic imho, paradoxically one of the few cross-over hits we even got from the contest lately was Soldi (in Italian)... Not that I think TIX has got that potential (regardless of language) but still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom