Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
Well Heat 2 is clearly being won by Raylee, what a mis-match of songs there. I don't believe it's the strongest song of its modern 80s renaissance genre even, but out of what's on offer here it's the only possible finalist.

Daniel will get some votes two, but his song just never quite reaches a level where I could see it overtaking Raylee which will be the most instant and memorable (unless staging and live performance is a car crash).

But still, it's all moot since nothing beats Monument still. Let's see what the next heat and the PQs bring ;)

hmmm xthink..I dunno why you underrate Maria Solheim - "Nordlyset", it is so Norwegian, cozy, different..

Mrm

Veteran
Do we know 100% that Ulrikke wont be in 2021 MF competing, or not?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol heat 2 is garbage. Considered doing reviews, but nah. Ketil is amusingly bad, Daniel is actually bad and Maria is like the antique rocking chair you place in your dressing room because it looks pretty in the background when you're having guest over for tea.

As someone who HATES Wild, I didn't really expect anything remotely good from Agingpoorlee, but looks like little miss Laurell has laid off coping the copies of an entry whose most notable feature is that it almost won Eurovision and instead went great lengths to try and emulate popular current musical trends.

I approve, because 80s Synthpop (esp. New Wave) is without hyperbole my favourite musical genre. I like and enjoy Hero.
I am also not too impressed because I listen to a LOT of synthpop and I've heard... much better? Both in quantity and quality. Especially now when you can't turn on your radio without hearing an 80s inspired synth/new wave/nudisco song.

Still, while it's not quite a Slaylee, it is certainly not a Failee, so I'll happily settle for MoreThanAdequatelee in this lopsided heat. Eat those musical mediocrities for breakfast, plz...x

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
No contest really for my favorite in this semifinal. I find Nordlyset so warm and charming. :love:

Raylee is an acceptable choice as well although it doesn't do that much for me. I think it's her weakest song so far. The other two are a big no. The two worst songs at NMGP so far.

:no: NMGP 2021 Semifinal 2 Rankings (Pre-show)
1. Maria Solheim - Nordlyset
2. Raylee - Hero
3. Ketil Stokkan - My Life is OK
4. Daniel Owen - Psycho

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Maria is like the antique rocking chair you place in your dressing room because it looks pretty in the background when you're having guest over for tea.

This was shade and yet somehow I read it as a beautiful compliment. It's totally something I'd do.

I pretty much agree with you on Hero. It's far from the best slice of synthpop we've heard but it's strangely serviceable, and of course isn't Wild so should be celebrated for at least that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This was shade and yet somehow I read it as a beautiful compliment. It's totally something I'd do.

I pretty much agree with you on Hero. It's far from the best slice of synthpop we've heard but it's strangely serviceable, and of course isn't Wild so should be celebrated for at least that.
'Serviceable' is usually the best you can hope for in Eurovision, so it's a good thing Hero has that quality. Pity the other three don't. :-/

Mrm

Veteran
Well I really do not like "Hero" at all, while I loved my 2020 Scandi trash - "Wild".. xlove xheart

martin

I,m from Norway and i hope we send Tix. Keiino is good, but not so strong like Spirit in the sky.

Tix will also sing his song in english if we win. I also think a win for Tix will do it easier for other big singer to take place in Eurovision/MGP. He is one of Norway biggest artist/Singers and have many big hit.

Semifinal 2: Don,t like any of the song much. But Raylee is a huge favorit to win on saturday.

AlekS

Veteran
It will be 620k (TIX) vs. 220k (KEIINO) streams on Spotify by Saturday. That's if you take 6 full days for both, not counting his first day.

Mrm

Veteran
Raylee didn't win MGP last year. Besides NRK publicly announced they gave her an automatic spot in the final if she wanted to compete, and Ulrikke publicly declined said invitation.
That is why I asked, i didn't read that info.. ;)

Mrm

Veteran
@Mimmon

Is that one more direct finalist? I quite like it in studio version..it sounds really Norwegian to me..
Music towards the end, especially violins are really charming..

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
What's the split of jury vs public votes in the MGP final again? Just need to prep myself if the public vote is getting the overwhelming majority since it seems Tix has the popular vote in Norway (although can streams be considered the only criteria for judging popularity? Are all demographics covered?)

Hoping that KEiiNO bring an outstanding, mind-blowing performance for the Grand Final to blow everything else out of the water xpray

njdevils94

Veteran
I think Stavangekameratne are my favorite of the pre-qualified finalists so far followed by Tix and then KEiiNO.

Top Bottom