5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

choda

People from Norway, what is the opinion in your country? Who is favourite and who will win?

bstream

This national final line up ended up being a “best-of” the Nordic Eurovision tropes of the last 10 years.

Mrm

Veteran
Ohohohoho:

1 Didrik & Emil – Out of Air 30% 2.5
2 Liza Vassilieva – I Am Gay 15% 5
3 Rein Alexander – One Last Time 12% 6
4 Tone Damli – Hurts Sometimes 9% 8
5 Ulrikke Brandstorp – Attention 7% 10
6 Magnus Bokn – Over the Sea 6% 12
6 Sondrey – Take My Time 6% 12
8 Akuvi – Som du er 5% 15
8 Kristin Husøy – Pray for Me 5% 15
10 Raylee – Wild 4% 20

What did I tell you, I won;t be surprised to see Liza Vassilieva in Rotterdam.. :lol: :p

Uto

Veteran
This national final line up ended up being a “best-of” the Nordic Eurovision tropes of the last 10 years.
That's one razor-sharp observation. This is exactly how I feel as well about Norway this year. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't anything good.

Citelis

''Out on air'' is not bad and i'm ok if it wins but i think that Norway has better options this year. It sounds like something for 15th place in final to me.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
My ranking:

1. Akuvi - Som du er
2. Raylee - Wild
3. Ulrikke Brandstorp - Attention
4. Didrik & Emil - Out of Air

5. Liza Vassilieva - I Am Gay
6. Tone Damli - Hurts Sometimes

7. Kristin Husøy - Pray For Me
8. Sondrey - Take My Time
9. Magnus Bokn - Over the Sea
10. Rein Alexander - One Last Time

Praying by some kind of miracle Akuvi wins this, I've had Som du er on constant repeat the last few weeks xmusic It's an absolute bop, it's modern, and to top it off its in Norwegian!!! Please Norway, surprise me and make me happy :mrgreen: Aside from Akuvi, I'd be happy with any of my top 5 here, though I think Ulrikke would get the best result in Rotterdam.

Mrm

Veteran
@choda

I read on OGAE Serbia you will post an interview with Rein Alexander soon! LOL :ROFLMAO:
Please post it here too.. :lol:

Uto

Veteran
Ok so I've been busy doing a write-up for Norway but I've been having weird feelings about the whole thing and then these odds just dropped and they put me off completely. I don't think the odds are correct. I think Norway is basically just Wild vs Attention and by quite a margin really. Still, have to do this.

Just Average Nonsense:
Tone Damli​
Hurts Sometimes​
Magnus Bokn​
Over The Sea​
Rein Alexander​
One Last Time​

Then there are some songs that really go into the average tier, but just barely, so I'll take some time to explain:

Kristin Husoy - Pray For Me : I get it, she wants to be Adele. Well, you're not. Vocals here are still really good though and she has some semblance of charm about her so it's not a bad angle. Problem is this song just doesn't resonate with me on any level. I don't know what this is about, it doesn't make me think of anything, I don't feel entertained when listening to this, I don't feel engaged. It's just kind of there. I can't vibe with her vocals, I can't vibe with the music, and I don't know if anyone can. So yeah basically this just comes across as a very nice Adele impersonation and that's it. This is okay I guess, you *can* send this to Rotterdam, it will probably get some votes here and there and the juries are likely to be on board for a bit, but there are just better options.

Liza Vassilieva - I Am Gay : Yeah okay the song is kind of fun I guess? It's not really good as it is, but whatever merits it has are just ruined by the lyrics. I have a very strong dislike for preachy leftism like this because it's just so damn asinine. I hate preachy religious assholes, I hate idiots who defend ultra-liberal capitalism everywhere they go, it's not about the issue at hand, it's about the preaching. I am not alone in this, in fact many many people feel like this. I just don't give a single shit if you like boys or girls or goats or whatever. Just go home. Now, I realize that such a message will probably resonate with quite a lot of people, but you're also diminishing the size of your net by quite a large margin just by being a douche about things. This will not do too well in Rotterdam, this song should not be chosen, there are far better alternatives.

Akuvi - Som Du Er : This song is basically fine, but I find Norwegian in this type of song jarring which is a red flag. I also think the chorus is just too weak to really garner the required votes. Apart from that it's a nice dance track, nothing really wrong with this. But why would you ever choose this when you have Raylee in the exact same genre? This is dead on arrival. At Eurovision there's bound to be some tough competition in this genre as well. To beat them, you just need more than this.

Next couple of songs I have down as valid entries:

Sondrey - Take My Time : Very slick funky track which is performed very well vocally. I just think the singer is not quite as charismatic as he needs to be to really captivate the audience. Staging could do with more training to get some set pieces to go better. Song also doesn't really go anywhere, it's not particularly memorable. This should do pretty well with the juries and the televoters alike, it's just a very decent entry. Still, there are better alternatives.

Didrik & Emil - Out Of Air : Couple notes in and I'm loading Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown. For some reason they're completely running with this whole thing, this is exactly a second rate rehash of No Air. The brilliancy of the thing is that their source material is *so damn good* that they pull this off without coming across as idiots. I have never seen this work so well before. I have to applaud them for this. This is very nice and expansive, anthemic even. It's likely to be memorable. Dudes are also rather charismatic and their voices work well together. I think the juries are going to dismiss this as derivative wank and it's just Keiino all over again if this goes to Rotterdam, but if that's what you want then that's okay. This is a cool track. It's proper entertainment.

Ulrikke Brandstorp - Attention : This song has me extremely worried by now in a good way. I don't really like it per se, but it has power. Lyrics are written by a 12-year old, but the melody is not and I'm never going to argue with killer melodies. This ballad rocks one of those melodies that Sweden tries to work out year in year out and to my great delight it's Norway upstaging them once again. Now, a word about the singer. She's freaking great man. What impresses me most is that one note during the second chorus. She has pushed out some very clear and powerful notes by then and then she hits this one ridiculously loud note and it's straight on the money. This is like a 98% Dami Im with an actual song. This has a great chance of being both the jury pet and the straight up best ballad. This is one magnificent song. Staging should be worked on though, I didn't feel like it was great. Mobilizing the televoters might be hard if they can't raise that bar by a good margin. Think they'll be fine though.

Raylee - Wild : Juries are going to shit on this, but televoters will love this. It's inane music, but it's good fun. This is very likely to be the best banger at Eurovision. Killer melody, she oozes that trashy charisma like a beast, it's memorable as hell, blahblah it's just top notch at what it tries to do. There is no but for me to talk about except what I have already said about the juries. It's a fantastic choice to make, it'll be loads of fun to see this in Rotterdam. It'll Fuego it's way to success.

So, to conclude, basically you're looking at choosing between 50-100 jury points and 250-350 televotes or 250 jury votes and 150-250 televotes if things go fantastic for both. My model says Raylee should win this, but there's a problem in that model when you're basically just ignoring the jury. Most countries don't have the luxury of this choice, so my model is basically fine, but not here. Norway has this luxury. The rational choice is Ulrikke. And honestly, that voice needs an audience. I mean, she's basically just screaming for attention.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Out Of Air sounds like a NQ to me.

Btw Raylee has more than 1 Million streams on Spotify while Out Of Air has around 100.000

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I still hope Norway will reveal the entries of their true NF soon :unsure: #HowDoWeSayDelusionInNorwegian?

They should select Agnete internally and hold a NF where she sings all the songs

Alaska49

annie not having released a full album since before the jury was fully reintroduced at eurovision is the real revolting realization to have about norway this year

WHERE IS THE ALBUM WE NEED THE DAMN ALBUM @ annie

Top Bottom