4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
It is one of the few songs this year that I am oddly confident that it will place high.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Is the Sondrey who took part in the Norwegian NF the same Sondrey who did the song "Scream" with Rebecca Black in 2017?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Is the Sondrey who took part in the Norwegian NF the same Sondrey who did the song "Scream" with Rebecca Black in 2017?

Oh my god. As if this NF weren't enough of a known mess already, it was, as Gianluca correctly and astutely sleuths, one degree of Kevin Bacon away from Rebecca Black.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
This blatant hate crime against Rebecca Black...will sue sis.

IKR? Nowadays, Rebecca Black makes Eurovision-winning music:

VikingTiger

Ulrikke will not be the norwegian representative in 2021. NRK will go through with MGP as usual. They will repeat this years semis and then one grand final with 10 entries.
Ulrikke was offered a place in the final, but she said no. She did not want an automatic place in the final just because she couldnt go to Rotterdam this year. But she will sing her Attention and yet another song as an interval act in MGP 2021.

Personally I think this is the right decision - But I would love to see Ulrikke back in the MGP on a later stage.

gingerale

I'm sad she will not return but I also can understand her decision. In my eyes Norway had the complete package and many will disagree, but Attention definitely gave me winner vibes. It would be hard to beat.

Zonne147

It was indeed. She was very sad (even a bit upset) and I can see she was a bit confident NRK would invite her to represent Norway next year... :cry: :cry:

It's disgusting :(

A-lister

Veteran
I don't know why, but I happen to really dislike this song, and not necessarily because it's a bad song per se. It's some years dated (you know this scenario when it feels some years too old but not old enough that it can feel nostalgic or retro or a trend coming back), it lacks character and is completely inoffensive to the extent that it's boring. For sure juries would eat this up, it's just right down their ally, but nah, not my cup, sorry neighbors. It's clear that juries unfair treatment of Norway last year made them settle for this bore, I hope that next year's entry will be more interesting.

Uto

Veteran
Ulrikke will not be the norwegian representative in 2021. NRK will go through with MGP as usual. They will repeat this years semis and then one grand final with 10 entries.
Ulrikke was offered a place in the final, but she said no. She did not want an automatic place in the final just because she couldnt go to Rotterdam this year. But she will sing her Attention and yet another song as an interval act in MGP 2021.

Personally I think this is the right decision - But I would love to see Ulrikke back in the MGP on a later stage.
This is the pragmatic decision, but morally it's just wrong. Ulrikke should have her spot at ESC 2021.

ag89

I am not really surprised all these countries from the north decided to go with their national selections instead of internal selections. All their selections are big deals so from that logical, rational perspective, it makes total sense. However, logical and rational is not always right or fair, at least in my mind.

Btw, her decision not to compete and get spot in the final is totally right.

Brandt

Well my source is wiwibloggs, but her statements contradict tbh.

“There is so much to start again, and then I need a new song that I really love. I have worked so damn hard for this, I have invested all of the work and money into this," she says, which suggests that the reason she won't take part in the final of next MGP is that she needs a song she really loves and going through same phases will be stressful/difficult or w/e.

But then again, she says “I had a dream that they would send me next year, but that was not the case. I am very sorry and disappointed with that decision, but that was the way it was.”

So, if it wasn't for the MGP final but instead an internal selection, she would magically have all the reasons to produce a song that she really loves and she suddenly would be able to go through all the stress again?

Lol, I am glad Norway won't send her internally again.

Top Bottom