• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I was thinking BBC too:eek:

I'm genuinely interested to see just how Norway will go about things here. I understand a lot of fans are desperate for Wild. Personal very negative feelings for it aside, I'm unsure if it can do well at the contest, especially as the song will be competing in the more competitive looking semi. Rein is classic Eurovision which will probably be enough to see him through, even with the very likely jury kill of his song. The rest of the choices here I struggle even to remember.

Years of BBC torment embedded on our minds. Somewhere our HoD is raging that Norway just stole our entry and gave it to Tone. They had the tacky looking pyros and fire curtains prepared for it and everything.

It's hard to tell really. I'm not entirely sure Wild will be the one to be picked tbh, or Rein. I somewhat expect it will be Ulrikke Brandstorp. From Wild and One Last Time though, I generally agree. I think both could make an ESC final, but I think they'd both struggle much further on from that. Wild isn't close to being the strongest of its type and i'm certain another country somewhere will drop a banger and out do it and take the shine away. As for One Last Time, it screams an entry that the juries are just waiting to murder but considering the success of Rasmussen and then KEiiNO in the past couple of years I think it is clear there is televote potential to of set that, but I don't think it's as strong as either of them. Especially Keiino. Ultimately though, I don't think either will be going to Rotterdam. NRK clearly have preferred entries in their 5 PQs and I'm sure it will be one of them.

Ringdalen

Hey, I’m back to say that «Stem På Mæ» is my favorite MGP song of the year. xheya

Wild to think about the fact the song was written, recorded, produced and mastered in under 7 hours. And It’s a huge bonus that the lyrics were written mostly while he was on the toilet.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol, am I the only one who is sceptical about Tone Damli's qualification chances? "Welp, it's pleasant I guess" doesn't net finals by itself. You need to radiate genuine positivity, like NAVIBAND and Zoë Straub did.

Norway being first in the odds is preposterous. MGP was an utter disappointment and netted perhaps a handful of decent songs. To say that this selection will provide the winning entry is a slap in the face of every country with better national finals (Ukraine, Lithuania, Serbia, Iceland, Italy,....)

Uto

Veteran
Norway being first in the odds is preposterous. MGP was an utter disappointment and netted perhaps a handful of decent songs. To say that this selection will provide the winning entry is a slap in the face of every country with better national finals (Ukraine, Lithuania, Serbia, Iceland, Italy,....)

I don't think it is preposterous at all. I haven't even looked at Norway after I heard Wild. It's still the best straight up Eurodance track for ESC 2020 and if it remains that way it will be a contender.

Mrm

Veteran
I don't think it is preposterous at all. I haven't even looked at Norway after I heard Wild. It's still the best straight up Eurodance track for ESC 2020 and if it remains that way it will be a contender.
It reminds me of smth The Netherlands can like. :D

Alaska49

wild sucks and deserves to NQ lol

Uto

Veteran
It reminds me of smth The Netherlands can like. :D
The Dutch generally do like a good party song, but I'm hardly your average Dutchman. I don't like the song, but I know better than to judge pop music according to my taste alone. I saw the song once and I could remember its melody, her dress, her hairstyle. If something is that memorable even though I don't like it, I have to respect and rate that. It's a killer melody.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

hijirio

Veteran
Wild is the only feasible option here, and everyone who argues against that is jealous of Raylee's charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Wild NQ's for the finale unless it closes the semi lol. It's a soulless carbon copy of the fuego archetype and stuck in the semi with all the big names.

Like... Remember Trampa? Everyone was CONVINCED she would easily Q. She did, in 9th place.

Imagine what fate Wild will face in an *actually* competitive semi final.

Not like any of this matter because Failee isn't winning shit.

Top Bottom