Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
test

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Hopefully Southern Norway is the weakest region. Absolutely dreadful semifinal. Glad to see Tone in the automatic finalists and the Norwegian song from Akuvi sounds interesting. Not sure about the rest.

@anaraqueen Have you heard Raylee's 2015 NMGP entry Louder? :)

It's the first time I hear it but idk I have that deja vu feeling that I've listened to something similar before. It still slaps and I can see myself playing this in loop quite a lot. Live is quite bad though. oop

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Raylee - Wild without a doubt the best out of them songs. 'Talking about us' is alright us but Raylee is the strongest.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It's the first time I hear it but idk I have that deja vu feeling that I've listened to something similar before. It still slaps and I can see myself playing this in loop quite a lot. Live is quite bad though. oop
I don't know about you, but it makes me lowkey think of Crazy in Love from Beyonce. Must be the oh-oh.

njdevils94

Veteran

To me it's very similar to Rihanna - Pon de Replay.

Preuss

Hopefully Southern Norway is the weakest region. Absolutely dreadful semifinal. Glad to see Tone in the automatic finalists and the Norwegian song from Akuvi sounds interesting. Not sure about the rest.

@anaraqueen Have you heard Raylee's 2015 NMGP entry Louder? :)

I actually went into this competition, thinking that the south of our country would be the strongest; and I'm positively surprised. I think there's some good songs and I really would back up Raylee to go if it's done well on stage, which I'm optimistic will happen
That being said, I wouldn't count out surprised from the rest of Norway. I'm hyped about our NF

Preuss

By the way, "Louder" by Raylee is so similar to Moldova 2015 imo. I don't hope they stage "Wild" similar to "Louder" though

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
posting again as my last one was put under approval from mods for some reason?

Raylee - Wild without a doubt the best out of them songs. 'Talking about us' is alright us but Raylee is the strongest.

VikingTiger

Tone Damli again? Well, I guess I shouldnt be surprised. Her best assets is unfortunately without doubt her looks. Her voice is not what have made her famous here in Norway (although she probably thinks so herself).
Didrik and Brother? It will be quite interesting to see and hear them together.
I can live with Ulrikke as long as she is not doing much talking. Luckily she will be there to sing.

Sammy

Veteran
I really like Rainbow (it's so nicely dramatic and kitschy) and Talking About Us (great hook). I also find Wild quite good but it's true we had a lot of similar songs the last two years. Of course, I can still enjoy a lot of this genre. 😁

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Why isn't Rainbow being performed by a Norwegian drag troupe on their last legs back for one last glittery shot at MGP glory? I'm programmed to like this ridiculously overdramatic chorus and yet my body feels like it's malfunctioning here. This all feels wrong... and yet, I've gone back to listen again.

The rest of the songs in their first semi leave me with a feeling of indifference. I wanted to like Wild but by the time the lazy, overdone drop comes in I'm out. Talking About Us is the sound I associate with Sweden killing off over the last few years what was a supreme fondness I had for Melodifestivalen, and Come Alive simply is so, so, SO very not my thing. I hope the other semis are much better. Norway has provided many gems over the years in their selections.

Mrm

Veteran
Why isn't Rainbow being performed by a Norwegian drag troupe on their last legs back for one last glittery shot at MGP glory? I'm programmed to like this ridiculously overdramatic chorus and yet my body feels like it's malfunctioning here. This all feels wrong... and yet, I've gone back to listen again.

The rest of the songs in their first semi leave me with a feeling of indifference. I wanted to like Wild but by the time the lazy, overdone drop comes in I'm out. Talking About Us is the sound I associate with Sweden killing off over the last few years what was a supreme fondness I had for Melodifestivalen, and Come Alive simply is so, so, SO very not my thing. I hope the other semis are much better. Norway has provided many gems over the years in their selections.
I wonder if smth will KNOCK US DOWN like In Fusion in 2017!?

Schlagerman1

Well the first songs are no winners, but I think that "Talking About Us" is the one that is most likely to grab the spot to the final in the first semi.
And looking at the finalists, I feel that Tone Damli might get her ticket to ESC now, if not someone in a semi has a killer-song.

Sammy

Veteran
Interestingly "Rainbow" is the only of the four songs where the comments-section on Youtube is closed.

Top Bottom