5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

Preuss

As long as the quality of the entries in the final get better, it would please me. I see that they're searching for quality over quanitity, hopefully so. They've extended the time limit though. This year's final was a step up from the previous years... without me liking any songs really but KEIINO

A-lister

Veteran
Placing #6 with such a trashy pop entry straight from the 00s was an unexpected and surprising achievement and tbh, they should be happy.

You mean the nostalgic fun trip they served? xshrug I'd rather take 40 of those than the "trash straight from the 00's? 90's? 80's? (not from this decade at least)" that juries put #1 tbh and seems the public agreed with me... but each to their own.

Loindici

Veteran
NMGP2020 UPDATE

Apparently, debanbloggs reported two 'different' formats of the selection, each from ESCSverige and escNorge. ESCSverige reported for 40 songs competing, 8 for each semifinal, and the GF will be on first half of March. escNorge reported for 30 songs (6 for each semi) and the Grand Final will be on first half of February.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
https://eurovoix.com/2019/11/06/norway-melodi-grand-prix-2020-format-details-revealed-including-removal-of-international-juries/

This format sounds trash af. By PQ'ing 5 songs into the final they're already showing the rest going through the semis are purely there to make up the numbers and they already have their 5 favourites. Not to mention, semi finals of 4 songs, going into duels. I hate duels. It means the broadcaster can manipulate the results somewhat by putting certain songs together in duels. They do it in MF. I know they're doing this extended format to celebrate the anniversary of MGP but literally it would be better to make 5 semi finals of 6 and just have 2 from each qualify. The only good thing is that they killed off the IJ, considering they don't even reveal anything from their voting other than favourite, it seems to serve almost 0 purpose.

Preuss

What a nice article about us! xlove

I agree, I think it's time for Eurovision to come back to Oslo - or even better; Bergen
I'm very proud of what we've been sending to Eurovision over the last years with some exceptions of course

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I agree, I think it's time for Eurovision to come back to Oslo - or even better; Bergen

Or Trondheim. ;) I saw Volbeat at the new Trondheim Spektrum last night, and the new venue is pretty awesome tbh. The final of MGP 2020 at Trondheim Spektrum will be the first MGP event I ever attend, so I'm very much looking forward to this now. :D

I'm happy the international juries are gone, but just like [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION], I'm not a big fan of duels. Would be better to have the songs competing against each other, and then the televote winner of each show qualifies to the final. But it hopefully won't make much of a difference, I figure the best (or most popular) song should theoretically win anyway. I don't necessarily think one of the PQ'd entries will win tho, being PQ could be a disadvantage, as people will get more connected to the semifinal winners after voting for them during the duels. I just hope there's gonna be some songs I actually like in the final (PQ or not). :)

Preuss

Yeah, as long as the quality of the songs are good, I don't mind - last year was a step in the right direction from previous years
Do you remember the glory years under Vivi Stenberg? xlove

Loindici

Veteran
If you guys followed a lot of MGP, can you tell me if this is even a thing? (The Facebook group thingy, not Raylee).

Mrm

Veteran
Norway was dead last for me, two years in a row! :eek: :( xcry1

It is final time to be high on my list again! xyes

Norwegian entries I loved (from 2004):

2006 - Christine Guldbrandsen - "Alvedansen"
2008 - Maria Haukaas Storeng - "Hold On Be Strong"
2013 - Margaret Berger - "I Feed You My Love"

Norwegian entries I liked (from 2004):

2005 - Wig Wam - "In My Dreams"
2010 - Didrik Solli-Tangen - "My Heart Is Yours"
2011 - Stella Mwangi - "Haba Haba"
2014 - Carl Espen - "Silent Storm"
2017 - Jowst - "Grab the Moment"

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
The first part of the line-up has been revealed! It seems some songs have been chosen to qualify to the final directly whilst others have to compete in semifinals. I’m excited to see Tone Damli back :D

njdevils94

Veteran
Hopefully Southern Norway is the weakest region. Absolutely dreadful semifinal. Glad to see Tone in the automatic finalists and the Norwegian song from Akuvi sounds interesting. Not sure about the rest.

@anaraqueen Have you heard Raylee's 2015 NMGP entry Louder? :)

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
'Come Alive' sounds as if somebody made a song for AURORA but submits it for Eurovision with a male singer. I like it.

njdevils94

Veteran
Southern Norway Semifinal (Pre-Show)
1. Geirmund - Come Alive
2. Raylee - Wild
3. Lisa Børud - Talking About Us
4. Kim Rysstad - Rainbow

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Come Alive is the most appealing to me, I don't find Raylee's voice pleasant so I have a harder time enjoying it andTalking About Us loses its power in the verses.

Mrm

Veteran
I go to Istanbul, for just 3 days and the whole site changes! :eek:

I have to admit Raylee – “Wild” is catchy and interesting.. :D
But I doubt it will be good live.. :(
Others are quite meeeh…

Top Bottom