4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
I am a sensitive guy, indulging in sensible music, ready to be mesmerized. But this song is so off-putting. I find it actually generic and weak, following a standard formula. The voice is flawless but soulless as well. It's technically perfect, but does not do much for you, like a super-sized queen that indulges in herself rather than you.

I have a clear front runner with Belgium and an amazing dark horse with Albania. The competition behind them is a race to the bottom and I am not sure if Norway makes into my Top 10 right now after 11 songs released.

martin

So middle of the road song. Ulrikke is a good singer, but every year we get this type of songs. Good vocal, but average songs.

We finally could have send something risky with Rein, but NRK mistake did not let people get the chance to vote and NRK favorite won. A least the MGP boss fan.

If this would have been a Belarus final. We all know why, but since is Norway. We probably never going to know if Rein would have won or not. And is going to be hard to accept this result

Sorry to my country, but if we flop. I would not be sad.

5 Points for mostly good vocal and 0 Points to NRK.

The Worst part is that this was a very good final and i,m so sorry for all the artist who gave the best and only for this mess.

Realest

Apparently lots of obvious Nonqualifier complained about the Voting-Error, while the probably only Qualifier Rein Alexander said nothing.

Iker

Veteran
Her voice is great, the song not so much albeit miles better than France at least. Still pleasant to listen to, I like strings too but too middle-of-the-road for my liking.

Last edited:

Neo

TV commentator for NRK, Olav Viksmo-Slettan is quitting after 10 years.

He was Ok, but dry, and still of the old 'Wogan cynical' -mode who really just liked black metal, and had to put up a poster of Dimmu Borgir on the wall of his commentator booth to 'keep contact with the real world' I believe he once said.

His replacement should IMO really be Eurovision -ultrafan and speaker Anders Tangen, or alternatively the witty Tarjei Strøm who also loves the contest.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Late to the party on this. I didn't care about this selection at all, but what happened in the final of Melodi Grand Prix this year has got to be one of the very worst, most insulting scandals I've seen since I've been following selections.

Oh, our voting app is broken. Looks like we'll have to use our special backup jury of thirty people to choose the four for the super final, and let's give them studio versions to listen to making everyone's hard work and money spent on staging their entries absolutely pointless.

If it were me I'd be looking to take legal action. An absolute train wreck of a national selection. Six weeks of pointless hell. At least we got Mr Hello from it though, bless.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wait, Ulrikke is 24? She need to fire her stylist immediately!

She wants that Sieneke realness vibe. Middle aged is the new 20.

Uto

Veteran
I don’t know what the whole discussion is about. Ulrikke looks mid-20 to me and is mid-20.

jatojo

TV commentator for NRK, Olav Viksmo-Slettan is quitting after 10 years.

He was Ok, but dry, and still of the old 'Wogan cynical' -mode who really just liked black metal, and had to put up a poster of Dimmu Borgir on the wall of his commentator booth to 'keep contact with the real world' I believe he once said.

His replacement should IMO really be Eurovision -ultrafan and speaker Anders Tangen, or alternatively the witty Tarjei Strøm who also loves the contest.

The problem for some of the TV stations, including the BBC, is that Eurovision is no longer as cheesy as it used to be. Presenters with an ironic distance to the contest seem out of place nowadays.

Kaz

Some of y’all bout to be real mad at me, but it must be said...

Places was better than Attention

Alaska49

good morning i am still so glad my favourite song of 2020 so far won MGP and will go to eurovision

so good to have taste if only everyone had my luck

Reading through all these posts you could actually get the impression this is one of the weaker songs this year. Yet it's doing extremely well in some of the polls I have seen so far. I find that quite interesting.

I am of the same opinion as most of the users here. Really good voice, but the whole song is soulless and very mediocre. Can't believe that she's going to ESC. Norway has better choices. Sad. Disappointed.

Not a fan of this attitude. It comes across as if your taste in music is superior. Different songs for different folks. To me, the Italian song isn't doing a lot this year. While I do appreciate the quality, I am not sure how people would react if I went to the Italian thread like this:

"Really good voice, but the whole song is soulless and very mediocre. Can't believe that he is going to ESC. Italy has better choices."

Loindici

Veteran
I don’t know what the whole discussion is about. Ulrikke looks mid-20 to me and is mid-20.

Well...

_C73FoATvQeIs4DXgnKCOQleL7QtO1zxSn6vdpnsdZlw.jpg

When I first see this promo image, I assumed she was 32-35, is already a big and respected singer with a career spanning 8-10 years, and has probably raised a kid or two.

Uto

Veteran
... I am not sure how people would react if I went to the Italian thread like this:

"Really good voice, but the whole song is soulless and very mediocre. Can't believe that he is going to ESC. Italy has better choices."
My guess is there will be four fingers facing you, the index finger supported by a thumb, pulsating in an intense rhythm. A litany of barely audible words will be spoken, with 'vaffanculo' emphasized for good measure.

mauve

Veteran
Reading through all these posts you could actually get the impression this is one of the weaker songs this year. Yet it's doing extremely well in some of the polls I have seen so far. I find that quite interesting.

Not a fan of this attitude. It comes across as if your taste in music is superior. Different songs for different folks. To me, the Italian song isn't doing a lot this year. While I do appreciate the quality, I am not sure how people would react if I went to the Italian thread like this:

:eek: I really have no idea how you think that I believe I am superior. What I wrote is MY opinion. You must be very offended to write that.

Nemo89

Surveys like studies leave the time they find. It's not what the public likes now, but what will like in May to make a difference. Now I ask you, Mauve loves the song of Italy and that of Belgium, because as an example, as if by magic, you had to talk about the song of Italy to make a comparison with the Norwegian song? A comparison where the Italian song, in your opinion, is not beautiful, will not appeal to the public and is saved only by the interpretation of Diodato. I want to understand ... if a song is sung well, if the singer with his singing manages to give emotions, the song works and is beautiful. Just technically speaking the Norwegian song is poor. Ulrikke's beautiful voice gives nothing to the song. One can only say "Yes, Urlikke has a beautiful voice". Now I'll give you some examples of audience preferences: on this forum the song by Diodato is the one that has received the most posts, on youtube the video has received more than 10 million views and more than 100,000 likes and more than 6000 comments. The comments of foreigners, you can go and read them, are full of beautiful words. After all this ... what are you talking about? From what beliefs? I can confidently tell you that Italy, I hope I am wrong, will not win this year either. We are not your opponents. The geopolitical power of Italy to the ESC is worth as much as a peanut and the RAI will not want to invest on the ESC (as happened in 1998 with the Jalisse candidates for the victory and Enrico Ruggeri, the deliberately poor songs sent to the ESC and the most beautiful ones left to home, and long absence from 1998 to 2010). You talk too often about our song, so much that you make me think you're afraid.

Top Bottom