4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

EscGeek

Veteran
I have received a lot of trophies, but hearing Raylee's "Wild" is the highlight of my day. I love "Louder" from a few years ago, but this is next level! :D
"Talking About Us" is good too. Very good start of MGP

Charly

Kim André RysstadRainbow
are we stuck in the 90s?

no:RayleeWild
This is something that is defiently enjoyable and pretty catchy! I like but.
It is the matter of question whether this can do well live

GeirmundCome alive
I kinda like but its a bit meh at the same time

Lisa BørudTalking about us
Your average US teen-pop (:

Zonne147

"Wild" is a bop. I absolutely love it and I would be mad if Raylee doesn't qualify to the MGP final.
Idc if people are tired of this kind of songs, cause' I really really like this one.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
Wiwibloggs raises an all too frequent question in Eurovision. Actually I think we'll see this problem even more often in the future as samples and riffs nowadays are sold like spices.

Last edited:

opinionsigotem

None of these are very good but the winner was hardly going to be in the first of five semis in a contest with five autoqualifiers, was it?

MyHeartIsYours

I agree that Wild is the best, though obviously I'm hoping for the least competition for Didrik & Emil :LOL:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
"Rainbow" could have been rather iconic, borderline James Bondesque but that singer isn't doing much to this song tbh. Such a shame. Maybe the live performance will be more bombastic.

"Wild" sounds like something I would usually enjoy, but this time it just falls flat. Again, a live performance could be a game-changer, but so far I'm not very convinced by this attempt at a hit.

"Come Alive" is my favourite out of these four. Reminds me a bit of Imagine Dragons actually. So naturally I'm down for it. I also appreciate that it doesn't try to be something more than it is, like I feel Wild is trying to do.

"Talking About Us" is just a tropical pop/EDM type of song that I would expect to appear in a nordic NF. Not much else can I say about it.

Overall, Southern Norway go home. :poop:

As for the pre-qualified finalists, so happy to see Didrik and Tone Damli there. Tone better drops a spectacular ballad a la Wiktoria and we get revenge for her being robbed in MF 2019.

tuorem

I finally got to listen to the first four songs.

Kim Rysstad - RAINBOW: I don't dislike this tbh. It's definitely not a winner, but it's got a decent vibe. I especially enjoy the verses, the chorus is bit too dated and cheesy sadly. Not unforgettable by any means, but there has been so much worse entries in MGP. :LOL:

Raylee - Wild: I'm so over this kind of song. Boring. Next.

Geirmund - Come Alive: This is quite fine actually. The rhythm of the beat is different and the boy doesn't seem too bad vocally. Decent melody too. Not groundbreaking, but the best so far imo.

Lisa BørudTalking About Us: the melody is tired, and so is the rest actually. The impersonal plague is going strong.

If any of these acts really have to advance, Geirmund would be my pick. But I expect more from Norway tbh.

njdevils94

Veteran
If any of these acts really have to advance, Geirmund would be my pick. But I expect more from Norway tbh.

I agree but their are still 4 more semis to go. Most looking forward to Northern and Eastern Norway semis. Eastern is next I believe. The first pre-qualified final song is out on Friday.

tsegaye

I actually like Talking About Us the most... Sounds like it's written for Malou Prytz??

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I wonder how long it'll take people to realise Laurell Barker lives off the scraps she recives from the actually gifted artists her periphery and the real talents who deserved recognition were the Gfeller ZibblingZ all along...

Koori

There is one song leaked from the pre-qualified entries ( Sondrey - «Take My Time» ), but it sounds like an Ingrosso's reject... xfaint

theditz83

Veteran
I'm living for all 4 of these songs in different ways - great start to NMGP 2020, and would be happy to see any advancing. I think Raylee is the one to beat though, with Lisa nipping at her heels ;)

Mrm

Veteran
@njdevils94

That one I mentioned in the Dutch thread! :p

i don;t care for his song... :p

Just him is enough in Rotterdam!

Top Bottom