8 4.9%

10 6.1%

8 4.9%

5 3.0%

22 13.4%

• Total voters

ParadiseES

I had exactly the same feeling.

I knew Austria would be the last to be announced. That's usually reserved for popular entries in the crowd. It was clear that Estonia wasn't the one. I thought it would be between Austria and Switzerland, and maybe Macedonia since they have many years not qualifying.

Sammy

Veteran
I knew Austria would be the last to be announced. That's usually reserved for popular entries in the crowd. It was clear that Estonia wasn't the one. I thought it would be between Austria and Switzerland, and maybe Macedonia since they have many years not qualifying.

After Norway and Croatia were announced, I was a hundred percent sure, Austria would not qualify. What a night!

midnightsun

Veteran
Norway was the biggest surprise for me tonight. I'm so happy! I voted for him but I never thought this would help to get him through.

So when it’s all or nothing
I get that good vibe buzzing

Congrats!

Chorizo

I'm happy we have one more contemporary song in the final. It was the right decision to allow them to use the electronically modified voice. I hope we will get more modern songs like this in the future. Together with Belgium and Bulgaria it is one of the most contemporary and best songs this year.

southernstars

I LOVED Norway and I'm so glad Europe decided they liked him too! Well done, JOWST. A great, upbeat song. I've had it on repeat for the past month.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The performance tonight was smooth and a highlight of the night. Aleksander looked so very handsome (glad he had his hatxheat) and the vocals as usual were ridiculously on point. What a cool guy. The staging was slick as well. The song just has such a neat rhythm to it. It's my third favourite song going into the finals, and I never would have imagined me getting fully behind something like this, but it's just so good.

I don't know how I feel about the (i'm guessing) prerecorded electronic vocals.. unless someone was creating them there live on stage, then that's of course fine. I just worry that this is the first step and before we know it they will be allowing backing singers to be prerecorded, and then the contest takes things to whole new level of plastic. "Grab The Moment" needed it's electronic backing though, as it's part of it's whole vibe.

But anyway, go slay the final Norwayxcrossed

Alaska49

i kiiiinda sorta wanted this to flop because i still resent the exception they got from the ebu but eh, this is charismatic. you do you, norway, but please put on your big girl pants next time. backing vocals have done harder things in this very year.

DanielLuis

The performance tonight was smooth and a highlight of the night. Aleksander looked so very handsome (glad he had his hatxheat) and the vocals as usual were ridiculously on point. What a cool guy. The staging was slick as well. The song just has such a neat rhythm to it. It's my third favourite song going into the finals, and I never would have imagined me getting fully behind something like this, but it's just so good.

I don't know how I feel about the (i'm guessing) prerecorded electronic vocals.. unless someone was creating them there live on stage, then that's of course fine. I just worry that this is the first step and before we know it they will be allowing backing singers to be prerecorded, and then the contest takes things to whole new level of plastic. "Grab The Moment" needed it's electronic backing though, as it's part of it's whole vibe.

But anyway, go slay the final Norwayxcrossed

They were created there on stage, the EBU didn't allow the rulebreak :)

Alaska49

DanielLuis

really? i thought i read that they did allow it???

I read somewhere that they didn't allow it. But today I also read a comment saying that the EBU said Norway could choose which way to do it, and that Norway chose to do the voices on stage so other delegations wouldn't complain :?

ScarlettGirl

I read somewhere that they didn't allow it. But today I also read a comment saying that the EBU said Norway could choose which way to do it, and that Norway chose to do the voices on stage so other delegations wouldn't complain :?

Yeah, I think that´s correct.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I'm very surprised to see Norway in the final; especially when countries like Estonia and Macedonia (despite a bad performance) failed to make it.. I've never really understood the Norwegian entry.. Incredibly dull

Brandt

I am not crazy about the song but it was, at least, nice to watch the performance. Since the presentation of the song was entertaining and good, and at least not boring to death like half of the songs this year, I am glad that Norway made it.

Musicosity

This song is really underrated. Maybe having a somewhat retained sound and lacking a certain whamm-effect has let them sail under the radar so far, but they are cool, they are modern and man, they groove! xmusic Hoping for a good result tonight! Will vote.

Milos-BC

The song is really not my cup of tea but the performance was really great. They deserved the final.

Fierro

I'm so happy for this. Love Jowst, maybe will even follow them after ESC! Great performance and deserved result!

Fluke

Well THAT was unexpected! I guess juries liked it because it was contemporary, with a legit feeling for the genre (whatever you should call it) rather than some mainstream pop producer's idea of it, and the vocals on point in their simplicity, while the singer's humble appearance may have had some anti-glam appeal to it, even if that should have been offset by the graphics and silly masks, plus of course i guess people just genuinely liked it. But really, 10th place above all these others.... a real surprise!

Top Bottom