22 13.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
NORWAY.png

Ringdalen

Re: NORWAY 2017

I hope we send something fun in 2017 xheya

We have been so close the past few years with doing so. Nothing against ballads, but please not 4 years in a row. :)

WhoKnows

I hope we send something fun in 2017 xheya

We have been so close the past few years with doing so. Nothing against ballads, but please not 4 years in a row. :)

Laika would've been such a fun and welcome entry this year. xgaah

But to be honest, I don't mind you guys going serious again, you do it well. 2014 and 2015 are my eternal love!

EscGeek

Veteran

Soething fun please like Freddy Kalas & Staysman & Lazz xheat

or something in the field of rock,rock'n'roll or metal like Vidar Busk,The Carburetors & Plumbo & The Lucky Bullets & Keep of Kalessin...

That's right...i remember them allxqueenbitch

Verjamem

[DREAMING]I'm looking forward, what the host country will send in 2017[/DREAMING]

Fem

Can you please send Debrah Scarlett again, this song is so beautifulxlove

_bittersweet_

Make MGP great again. That's all I want from Norway. Every year it's getting smaller and more irrelevant. Norway is not winning anymore. Go bigger! I also would like to see less Swedish songwriters in MGP. When Sweden sends songwriters, they're not sending their best... They're bringing bad songs. They're bringing bad results. There are great artists in Norway that are young and talented. Jan Fredrik Karlsen sould get in touch with them and their record companies more often. Norway is my favourite ESC country and I hope to see more than 1 or 2 good songs in MGP this year.

lowyby

Bring back the previous MGP producer. The line up of this year was awful and I sensed a NQ when the snippers came out. She did great in 2013 - 2015 and brought more alternativety to MGP and three top ten finishes so Id like Vivi back ♡♡

WhoKnows

Bring back the previous MGP producer. The line up of this year was awful and I sensed a NQ when the snippers came out. She did great in 2013 - 2015 and brought more alternativety to MGP and three top ten finishes so Id like Vivi back ♡♡

Afterglow would've easily qualified though. Maybe Laika too. But yeah, it was terrible this year.

LalehForWD

It's hard to tell for sure from a distance, but hasn't the strategy of MGP being a minimalistic approach (less is more) and trying to focus on "quality"? Being a Swede I'd of course think this is a mistake and actually I do. I think very few people are interested in MGP and Eurovision for the music alone, even less if they would claim to favour some kind niche music or being into "serious" music. Fundamentalistic music listeners wouldn't tune in to MGP anyway. Instead NRK's main focus should be to maximise the entertainment value of MGP and secure it to be an important platform for music promotion. Assuming similarities with Sweden, I can't imagine there are that many opportunities for such things in Norway. I think the artists and their record companies can't ignore a chance like that and will line up to participate. So I suggest:
a) Bring back the semis
b) Make all shows prime time family TV entertainment events
c) Make all shows live arena entertainment events
d) Ignore any mocking about melfest ripoffs

anto475

It's hard to tell for sure from a distance, but hasn't the strategy of MGP being a minimalistic approach (less is more) and trying to focus on "quality"? Being a Swede I'd of course think this is a mistake and actually I do. I think very few people are interested in MGP and Eurovision for the music alone, even less if they would claim to favour some kind niche music or being into "serious" music. Fundamentalistic music listeners wouldn't tune in to MGP anyway. Instead NRK's main focus should be to maximise the entertainment value of MGP and secure it to be an important platform for music promotion. Assuming similarities with Sweden, I can't imagine there are that many opportunities for such things in Norway. I think the artists and their record companies can't ignore a chance like that and will line up to participate. So I suggest:
a) Bring back the semis
b) Make all shows prime time family entertainment events
c) Make all shows live arena entertainment events
d) Ignore any mocking about melfest ripoffs

In contrast to what you've said, it's exactly MGP's minimalistic approach and focus on song quality that draws me nrk.no every year. It brings it back to what it's all about, the song.

LalehForWD

In contrast to what you've said, it's exactly MGP's minimalistic approach and focus on song quality that draws me nrk.no every year. It brings it back to what it's all about, the song.

Yes, but you're hardly the average Norwegian and pleasing the ESC fan community isn't exactly a guarantee for mainstream success. It may be painful to realise, but ESC is all about mainstream entertainment, occasionally spiced with some odd indie or "rock", sorry. :D

LalehForWD

Sorry answer 2. I guess what I mean is the importance to bring about a cooperation between the broadcaster and the local media industry, most important the record companies. In my opinion this is important for all participants in Eurovision actually. The moment the selection process lose touch with music market it will struggle to find good songs and artists. It doesn't need to be radio chart-music, but it really need to be relevant on the current music scene in one way or the other. My feeling is that MGP has been going away from that seeking something else. Still, Freddy Kalas came second this year so perhaps I'm just bullshitting here :D

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Send Agnete again, please!

Top Bottom