#Justice4Pizza

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: NORWAY 2016

#Justice4Karin

DanielLuis

Jenny Langlo should try again. "Next to you" was brilliant!

carl1

Counting on another masterpiece from Norway for 4th year running xlove

martin

hopefully we send a good song and singer. Even more i hope we send a song who goona to be popular in Norway.

_bittersweet_

Seeing Monika May in MGP would be good. She needs a breakout single and MGP needs good singers, it a match made in heaven. Same goes for Iselin Solheim and Martin Halla. It would be great to have Silya and a song composed by (and maybe sang by) Ina Wroldsenand again. I'm also expecting Josefin Winther to send a song as a singer this time like Karin Park did last year.

Brandt

Why don't Ylvis join MGP and get it all to rock the place

ScarlettGirl

I have mixed emotions, now that Jan Fredrik Karlsen is the leader. I have no idea what to expect, but I choose to not get my hopes up. I am scared that I will be disappointed (like I was in 2014), but he is a nice guy though. :)

Ringdalen

So i talked about this with some friends earlier this week.

The topic was main-stream Norwegian we think will be in MGP next year. I also want to get some of my thoughts out on the whole thing i general.

It have worked well in recent years (except for Cir.Cuz) and always gets in an audience that just want to see their favorite artists.
Staysman & Lazz created a lot of drama this year because the press did everything in their power to bring them down. Creating this people vs the ¨experts¨ feeling that worked wonderfully, because it seemed like everyone was talking about the final. Even people who didn't usually care for MGP.

Other examples are Plumbo & Sirkus Eliassen. They got the same reaction from the press and that made people want to support them, since they seemed like underdogs while still being favorites. Do you guys get where i am going?

It seems like every year we get popular artists that the press dont like, the effect also is the same every year. It works and is a great formula. The ratings and activity online shows it. But who could do it in 2016?

I think we will see either 1 or 2 big names next year :) and here are some of my predictions for who it will be.

1. Innertier:
Innertier are among Norway´s biggest artists and are producing hit after hit. All their songs are massive, but they dont seem to get good criticism by journalists. Both are also known for making ¨russ music¨, and thats the both the biggest/popular to listen to and most looked down upon genre to make in Norway. I also think its time Norway gives another chance to edm music in MGP.

2. Freddy Kalas:
Another artist that just became huge on his own. He teamed up with Broiler for a few years, but he took their place when Broiler decided to make more serious edm music. He have not released music in a while, but recently said he will be coming out with a lot over the next months. That could mean he have been working on something related to MGP too.

3. Katastrofe:
I feel like this is the safest artist bet for MGP 2016 entry. Katastrofe have also been quiet recently, so that could mean he is working on something. Katastrofe also seems perfect for the competition and would bring in a big viewership because of his dedicated fans.

Those are my top 3 most likely main-stream artist we could see in MGP next year. Some other artists we talked about was Astrid S, Morgan Sulele, Donkeyboy, Adelen, Kvelertak, Sandra Lyng and so on :)

xdance So please tell me if there are any you are hoping to or think we will see next year in MGP xthank

PamSwynford

Alida!

Ringdalen

I think we will see Robin & Bugge next year. They would be great to have in MGP and they could have a chance to do well in Eurovision :D

I also have a feeling Meludo will be in MGP next year. :)
They arent known at all, but i think NRK would be interested in them. Not sure if they would like to compete in MGP or not, but i think they would have made it to television.

88e05ef520dadd39047f8bcb00b7d2dfa9b25105

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I like how Norway of all countries is yet to 1 full page yet (2 for some of you) on here. :lol:

Top Bottom