20 4.7%

13 3.0%

23 5.4%

73 17.0%

• Total voters

Miguel

How's Tooji doing? Any news?

"They didn't want me. I don't believe it, my God!" xrofl3

He said that he thought getting the last place was sad, but also a little hilarious. And also that he will keep on making music, but he's going to stay far away from ESC from now on.

rajo

Is he always so overacting? He doesn't seem to be a chilled guy...

FallenAngelII

Interviewer: "Tooji, what is there to say about this (what do you say to this)?"
Tooji: "Europe didn't like me. Ok, well, I hadn't expected [to come in] last place. But I guess I'm [I have no idea what "latis" is]... and laughing. In fact, I'm not sad. All there's left to do is to go back to the hotel to drink and shoot the ****. We've had fun and Norway's given me [whatever he said] and support. And it's [...] and I've received so much love from people that [I'm cool] (<-- spoken in English, obviously)."
Interviewer: "Denmark promised us 12 (I'm guessing that they're talking about that random Danish guy who wanted to create a pact to keep Sweden from winning) and then they gave us none."
Tooji: "Well, Denmark... and Sweden who gave us 3. I'm laughing, I think it's funny. It's actually, I'm [latis] (what the does "latis" mean?!).
Interviwer: "And what's going to happen now?" (I think)
Tooji: "Well, I intend to continue making music. I think I'm going to stay away from Grand Prix (Norwegian national final/Eurovision) from now on."
Interviewer: "And tonight?"
Tooji: "Tonight I'm going to party. It's still fun, so [party on] (also spoken in English].

I'm Swedish, so it's obviously a flawed translation (what the Hell is a "latis"?! Is it nynorsk? Slang?!).

LalehForWD

Uughh, he will so regret this behaviour. He's burning every dignity left because he couldn't handle a defeat. I'm sorry to say this, but losing with grace is not a Norwegian talent. Just compare him with Humperdinck which flopped much harder and devastating than Tooji.

Miguel

Why are we judging an entire nation because of one person? It's the way Tooji is. Big deal.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
There was always something about Tooji I didn't like and it just wasn't the song. I know guys like him and his reaction just totally proved me right. I hope he is enjoying his piece of the humble pie.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Errr? if he's laughing about coming last then how does that make him unable to handle a defeat?

From the sounds of that he's taken it rather well, even better than the Hump

Knubelznarm

There was always something about Tooji I didn't like and it just wasn't the song. I know guys like him and his reaction just totally proved me right. I hope he is enjoying his piece of the humble pie.

:shock:xrofl3xrollinglol
You've just been waiting for him to do whatever little blunder, so you could label him as that 'bad' person inside your head. But guess what? It has nothing to do with Tooji.

You don't even understand remotely what he's saying. He's just disappointed. That's all. How would you react if you got a microphone shoved in your face, after losing infront of the whole Europe and letting down everyone watching in your homeland? The emotions are running wild, and it's so easy to make a blunder.

In Melodifestivalen Danny got the same response (though for behaving much worse) from people sitting in these forums being all judgmental and stuff. I don't think your trying to see it from their perspective at all. They're also just humans.. What you say is just as thoughtless as they did after losing.

Miguel

I must say, Tooji is cracking me up in that video. He's so funny!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
:shock:xrofl3xrollinglol
You've just been waiting for him to do whatever little blunder, so you could label him as that 'bad' person inside your head. But guess what? It has nothing to do with Tooji.

Thanks for the accusation but instead of making such statements you may want to look at my priorities and previous posts. There is nothing worse to me than a sore loser. I said the same about Danny at MF and the same applies to Tooji. Both of them have very limited talent and were the first ones to complain when things didn't go their way.
I never said he's a bad guy, his ego is just way too big.
There were tons of losers and most of them did not react in such ways. Switzerland certainly didn't last year and there is a difference between being disappointed and being disrespectful and rude.

You are just defending Tooji in any way and he can do no wrong, as long as it makes sense in your head.
Now how do you like being accused? Fun, hmmm?

Knubelznarm

There is nothing worse to me than a sore loser. I said the same about Danny at MF and the same applies to Tooji. Both of them have very limited talent and were the first ones to complain when things didn't go their way.
I never said he's a bad guy, his ego is just way too big.

Still hasn't got anything to do with Tooji. Do you know what your "knowledge" about him is called?
Projections.

rajo

I think Tooji calling a sore loser and disrespectful is pretty far-fetched. He's acting irrational in the moment of defeat, but who else doesn't? He certainly got compliments, confirmation and reinforcement from anybody, and now he finds himself at the bottom of the ranking. I don't know if I could handle that.

And Danny Saucedo is a completely different story.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Still hasn't got anything to do with Tooji. Do you know what your "knowledge" about him is called?
Projections.

I'm hoping this was not meant as a personal attack towards me. My personal position towards Tooji is my personal opion, you don't have to share or agree with it just as much as I don't agree with yours. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions about artists and acts, it is NOT okay to do that towards other board members.

Miguel

People need to know: Tooji ain't arrogant. He's self-confident. Confidence ain't arrogance. I like his personality. And his reaction was funny and authentic. He was acting irrational because he was disappointed. He's a human being so give him a break. He's not a loser and he got the right to represent his nation. Let me tell you, he was an extraordinary ambassador for Norway in Eurovision. I felt a bit Norwegian this year because of him. xheart

Just relax and enjoy his talent:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I think Tooji calling a sore loser and disrespectful is pretty far-fetched. He's acting irrational in the moment of defeat, but who else doesn't? He certainly got compliments, confirmation and reinforcement from anybody, and now he finds himself at the bottom of the ranking. I don't know if I could handle that.

And Danny Saucedo is a completely different story.

As the saying goes "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I didn't say anything about Tooji only commenting on his song until he started being disrespectful. Everyone has different values and opinions and that's great. Mine is, if you can't take a defeat don't blame others. This shouldn't be such a issue. Some like him and feel bad for him, some may think he displayed poor sportsmanship. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Knubelznarm

I'm hoping this was not meant as a personal attack towards me. My personal position towards Tooji is my personal opion, you don't have to share or agree with it just as much as I don't agree with yours. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions about artists and acts, it is NOT okay to do that towards other board members.

Do what? I'm not trying to attack anyone. You're doing that just fine by yourself. But it's okay. We all attack what we don't like in ourselves.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Do what? I'm not trying to attack anyone. You're doing that just fine by yourself. But it's okay. We all attack what we don't like in ourselves.

Right, cause I voiced my opinion about Tooji it's a reflection on what I don't like about myself. That makes perfect sense, meaning I'm not allowed to dislike an artist.

This is obviously no longer about the song or artist so I'll stop it here.

rajo

People need to know: Tooji ain't arrogant. He's self-confident. Confidence ain't arrogance. I like his personality. And his reaction was funny and authentic. He was acting irrational because he was disappointed. He's a human being so give him a break. He's not a loser and he got the right to represent his nation.

I really didn't like his song, but I liked him as a person. I guess he's sensitive, and not sniffy like this douchebag Danny. I guess Danny admires his own reflections in the mirror and makes himself the biggest compliments :lol:

Top Bottom