Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV184 🌃 Demi Lovato feat. Royal & the Serpent - EAT ME

Grinch

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Whew I gotta do a better job of keeping this place updated!

For WV 133, we're sending a returning artist with what I feel is a New Year's song.

BernadetteCydonia

(Also I just noticed my Joci Papai banner doesn't have the Hungary's name on it.......................... hot damn)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Hi diddly ho neighborino. Seeing that Sam Sparro banner at the top of your new greenroom urhhh I wish I hadn't been on a break that edition. I would have drowned that sexy classic with points.

Good luck with your new home in the Northeastern States 🤞 I wonder what you'll be bringing us from here

BernadetteCydonia

Hi diddly ho neighborino. Seeing that Sam Sparro banner at the top of your new greenroom urhhh I wish I hadn't been on a break that edition. I would have drowned that sexy classic with points.

Good luck with your new home in the Northeastern States 🤞 I wonder what you'll be bringing us from here
Yeah well I see you keep regretting that. And for a good reason. I'd've loved some more love on my debut </3

I'll do my best for this region, as best as I possibly would be able to xheart

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA ♥ WV 138: Onwards to Østlandet with something rather cute :3

And I've finally decided on the first entry that I'm sending for this region.

I know I'm gonna have a field day with this and only because it's easy to find out most American names and the states they're coming from, and that not all of the artists are in more popular states and that I'm not out of possible choices. But I like being challenged in a way to make me find something I haven't really discovered before and send it to this thing, sorta.

This is not the case this time because my first entry for Northeastern US is rather cute and I've known it back when This Is My Jam website was a thing (that was unfortunately shut down on 2015 but the core purpose of the site is reintegrated as a thing on Last.fm where you set your current obsessions of the week on a song you like as of lately), and some of the website's best have stuck with me ever since, and the song I chose is not one of these things, but I love it just as much, somehow. And I hope you guys will like it too - it's possibly not a qualifier, unless it does the unimaginable, but I'd like to see what y'all think about it anyways xheart love y'all

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

also, since everyone is doing it, I'm proud to debut the Spotify playlist of all* my entries to have ever graced the WorldVision stage! ✨

if I ever leaked my future entry by accident on there, you didn't see it xx

* - all except my WV 95 entry, Hív a világ. It has never actually even been on Spotify, and this sucks :v

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA ♥ WV 138: Darwin Deez - Radar Detector

:neus: A RADAR DETECTED BERNADETTECYDONIA'S NEW WV LOCATION :neus:

DupuNS8.png

Feels good to try something new once in a while. Never thought it'd be so easy and fast to latch on to a US region, but here I am, and I'll make my best possible out of the experience, for however long it lasts (hopefully to not end in me forgetting to vote/send a song oops)

Why this song?

This Is My Jam used to be a website for common folk to share their jams of the week, using all the possible media outlets to post the songs from on, and was also one of the outlets you could connect to listen to that would count listens from there towards your Last.fm stats (which I did for myself). I've found many nice songs on there that I got in to overtime, for that I've only been on the site for 2 years, including the site's closure, and "Radar Detector" is one of them! I didn't think the song was that old but apparently it was (it's been YEARS since I first heard it, it was released in 2010, I heard it 4 years later if not 5, and now it's already been out for longer than a decade???? time flies). I found it again after raiding my Last.fm library for once more, because it's so easy to find good stuff to send to contests from there, but I almost never find the good stuff for the *right* contests 😩 thankfully me finding "Radar Detector" again changed all that! and now I'm here with an entry for y'all!

It's an indie tune about stuff. If you like that kinda thing, vote for Northeastern USA's offering and you won't regret it. And the Darwin guy will dance for you too. Maybe.

HoarseAdoredAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA ♥ WV 138: Darwin Deez - Radar Detector

Oh WHAT a way to start my American business trip. I kind of figured out I'm chanceless this edition, but not that I'm THIS chanceless. xD But looking at it in a broad way, I can actually see why a song like this was underappreciated enough for a last place in semi. That kind of music seemingly doesn't stand a chance in a broad-ass environment that's more in for dancier and bouncier club tracks, not that there's anything wrong with that, I sent some myself whilst for Hesse. And also against the popular songs, again, nothing wrong with that. I'm just making an observation, not denouncing the value of y'all's favourites. And I think that sometimes I will continue sending chanceless songs, but sometimes, I gotta give something competitive, so that maybe I could do well again.

Thanks for the very few that appreciated "Radar Detector", especially Kai and Gera, I guess. Y'all stuck up for it and I love that for you guys ♥ American indie scene lives on.

p.s.:

cute lyric video to preserve the early 2010s Youtube aesthetic o/

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 👄 WV 139: Onwards to the USA with a dash of Lithuanian :0

Can't believe I was able to score myself another entry for this region so easily. It came to me even when probably around I picked my first one.

You might be wondering, what would a dash of Lithuanian mean?? A Lithuanian person? A song being partially in Lithuanian?? Well dearies, wonder no more, as I'm about to reveal the artist to you in this spoiler:

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 👄 WV 139: P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

:neus: BLOW US A KISS THAT'S NOT ONE LAST (YET) :neus:

7omt7um.png

Why this song?

Well, why not this song. I was considering going for a few other ones of hers, such as the possibly already one of the more tiring P!nk hits with Nate Ruess and Just Give Me a Raisin Reason, and also Funhouse, the one favourite I remember being stuck in my brain ever since late 00s/early 10s MTV viewing at the times when they took our MTV and all the Baltic region was left with was with basic MTV that's now integrated with Slavic region MTV + Bulgaria I think. Sucks. But I once vowed to myself to send Blow Me (One Last Kiss) to at least a contest, doesn't matter if .com or .net, afterall I was close submitting it to a .net contest several times. I thought I could not wait anymore to re-share this absolute blast from the 10 years of past, as it's just so decent of a song, and deserves probably more recognition from her "going poppier decade" that was the 2010s. Heh. Also U + Ur Hand was too used of a song so :V

Are you ready to vote for Northeastern USA or would you rather have blood on your hands (or face and clothes) for robbing it?

giphy.gif

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 👄 WV 139: P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

well

If anything, this went way better than everything did for my first entry for this region xD Slightly devastated to be pipped to the post but what can you do, also unexpected things can happen for a reason. But I have a feeling this will probably not be the last you'll see of P!nk if I choose to pursue this region long-time xx so that means I gotta get up and try, try, try again.

After this entry, I'll see what I can do in the future, but I will not be very too enthusiastic at picking an entry, because I will have to patch up my ailing college life in the midst of all this participating, but I will hope my absolutest that I don't accidentally set myself up for a longer term withdrawal. This shouldn't be the one last kiss blown from yet, and damn right it isn't.

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

I CAN FINALLY HAS A SYDNEY FLAGICON. And I didn't even need to hijack the region again! Thanks for the good work Ringdalen xheart

BernadetteCydonias' WV masterpost:

::sydn

WV 89: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction
WV 90: entry || reaction
WV 92: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction

:hu:

WV 93: entry || reaction
WV 94: entry || reaction
WV 95: entry || reaction
WV 96: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction

:at:

WV 100: entry || reaction
WV 101: entry || reaction
WV 103: entry || reaction

:bcol:

WV 118: entry || reaction

::hess

WV 131: entry || reaction
WV 132: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction
WV 133: entry || reaction
WV 134: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction
WV 137: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction

:neus:

WV 138: entry || reaction
WV 139: entry || reaction

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 🖤 WV 140: Onwards to South Korea // Brittany with an artist I don't think that has been sent before.

I think my excitement for having an US region kind of ran dry at this point. "But BernadetteCydonia!! It's the freaking USA!! Surely you'd be somewhat into having it-" yeah no. Someone here said it perfectly so that it's hard to play with regions like these.

So excuse me for not being creative for this time period and diving headfirst into an artist I really like, which I don't think has been sent, not that the databases have actually detected it? (Even including the broken 1-89 one, went through the text files with the good ole CTRL+F, nothing.) We'll see how the girlies here will react when they get to see this name on the participants list. If I fail, I'll blame it on me not sending the right song or not sending it at the right time I guess

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 🖤 WV 140: My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You

:neus: HERE'S HOPING THAT YOU'LL LOVE US :neus:

01-neus.png

It's both damning and not at the same time to not be sending Welcome to the Black Parade at the same time when Bohemian Rhapsody is in my semi :lol: but I may be saving you from the overkill of the epicness? idek, we'll see

Why this song?

Yeah I think that I really like me some MCR. I've not been into their music that much at the time it was a thing (mostly because I was small in 2000s), but having heard it now, I do believe that they deserve to have been praised, I guess? And I was somewhat surprised to not see any of their songs in the WV databases, because I've seen a lot of other nice 2000s nostalgia stuff from rock bands as well, but no MCR??

So I am giving it a shot this time. This is no Welcome to the Black Parade, but for a while I really loved this song, and I want to see if you guys like it as well, somewhat!

25761c9df6b4342899446cb523519dce.gif

and if you don't like it, you will get a guitar smashed into your house :V jk

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 🖤 WV 140: My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You

Just realized about now I didn't post a "oh well" post after I NQ'd.

I know that this song was not *that* popular among the people here but what could I honestly do, other than showcase it to the peoples? It's still a MCR song I really love, among many others, and eventhough I am not one of their biggest fans out there, I still really think of their music fondly, even if I were a little too young to be a fan of them when they first started as a band, in late 2001/early 2002 when I was just 2. And I will still cherish "I Don't Love You" as it is, even if it seems that you don't love this song either, y'all ♥ (maybe jk maybe not)

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 🍋 WV 141: Onwards to London with summer vibes 🤪

Well, it's also about that time to be at ease with what I'm sending next, because for one it's a completely non-obvious name and the discovery element that I was setting myself up for in this whole ordeal is finally paying off!!! See you in London whenever I get to send my entry details in a few minutes xx

BernadetteCydonia

Re: A big hi diddly ho from NORTHEASTERN USA 🍋 WV 141: Mïrändä - These Summer Nights

:neus: HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING ON THESE SUMMER NIGHTS? :neus:

Northeastern-USA.png

Why this song?

I was always up for sending something completely non-obvious namewise for a change. In the midst of it all I was also contemplating a region change for the hell of it and exchanging it for a big enough name for my NEUS finale, but alas, other plans.

So I remembered that a good online friend of mine sent me this song they were considering for another online contest, and I knew they wouldn't be sending it in the end, but that's not the reason I sent this here. Once again, I was always up for sending not an obvious name for WorldVision, and when I checked where from the USA this songstress is hailing, I was delighted to find out she was in one of the NEUS states, and also delighted enough that I liked this song, so I sent it here.

Now I don't know how well it will fare - first NEUS qualification for me or not - but I hope that at least some of y'all like it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom