Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV 183 🌃 PVRIS - Monster

Grinch

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern USA - WV 115: Lilith Fair NF - Page 40

Was going to vote here only to find out you're on break :( Is it eligible for 116 tho?

Yep! And I'll start accepting votes again once the NF period for 116 gets underway; thank you to everyone who's voted so far and I'm sorry I'm delaying the winner's trip to WV!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern USA - WV 115 NF On The Way

WV 115 NF: Lilith Fair

In the 90s, a group of women got together to put together a music festival which revolutionized what the festival experience was for both artists and audiences. It's a big part of why the current festival circuit has been easy to adapt to the 21st century, and it's hosted some of my favorite artists, including the ones in the NF below, as well as LVER WV and NF alumni like Sara Bareilles, Lucinda Williams, Xtine, and the Indigo Girls - fun connection this: the 2010 revival also featured 2019 Esk contestant Kate Miller-Heidke! I was reading this fantastic series of interviews with a lot of the folks involved https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...ial&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=facebook and felt inspired to put on this NF of Lilith Fair alumni.

Song 1: Fast Car - Tracy Chapman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwrHwZyFN7M
Song 2: Verdi Cries - Natalie Merchant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5A_TTjbOIQ
Song 3: Making Pies - Patty Griffin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HC7KABegj0
Song 4: Love Is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo
Song 5: Final Hour - Lauryn Hill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VnAdQghhOY
Song 6: World Spins Madly On - The Weepies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sa2HoXpsE

Voting system: Pick any 6 of 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0. Skip whichever point values you'd like; no repeats
Deadline: Friday November 15th 23:59 CET
Happy: listening and voting! :D

Thank you for voting:
Lupus, Charly, Anaraqueen, FabiESC, and RainyWoods

On hiatus; I'll reopen voting during the 116 NF period :D

We are back in business! Thank you everyone for your patience!

ShoeFlo

Re: Northeastern USA - WV 115: On Break WV 116: Lilith Fair NF - Page 40

is this NF still running? if so, when do you close the "voting lines" ?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern USA - WV 115: On Break WV 116: Lilith Fair NF - Page 40

is this NF still running? if so, when do you close the "voting lines" ?

Shite sorry yes I'll put this deadline in the post but it's 23:59 CET Friday!

ZoboCamel

Re: Northeastern USA - WV 116: Lilith Fair NF - Page 40

:jp: has voted! This is a great lineup - not a single bad song here - but I do have my preferences, so here's hoping xpray

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern USA - WV 116: Natalie Merchant - Verdi Cries

I first heard this song about 70% of a lifetime ago. My parents had made me an iTunes playlist for my birthday, and this was one of my favorite songs on it. I grew up with it, and with Natalie as an artist; I got to see her perform it live with my hometown symphony at one point, which remains one of the best live music experiences I've had ever; I sang it at a debate camp talent show one time (there is no video of this thank god). I think it might be my favorite entry I have ever sent to this game.

I first considered sending this song early on in my WV career. It went into the NF process, and I spent that time praying it wouldn't win. I regretted having it in NFs almost instantly after doing so, and that was for the best: at the time, I was still fairly invested in WV results and quite nervous about sending something I cared about SO much. Ultimately, I found a low stakes way of sharing it with people and performed it in a karaoke spinoff. Literal years later, it occurred to me that that wasn't enough. I NEEDED to share this song with this community I love. I was at a point where I cared a lot less about how things went and could just kind of...float, so I knew that, after literal years, it was time. But I still had to detach myself from it, casually dropping it in an NF amongst a whole bunch of other songs I adore and just ripping the bandaid off, sending it in after it casually slayed the NF (https://imgur.com/N6JLvpd.png).

It worked but didn't entirely - I haven't spent the last week plus a total basket case like I would have otherwise. Results today were still pretty nerve-wracking, but this was indeed the right time to do this. I'm overwhelmed in ways that I didn't know WorldVision results could still make me be. Thank you all so, so, so much. It means a ton. xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
For WV 118, I'll be sending one of my favorite pieces of media ever made. It is kind of a ridiculous and outrageous song to send to WorldVision, but it was a big part of my 2010s, and I hope some of you will find it enjoyable as well.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hi it's me now on the other side of the country!
tenor.gif

Finally the temptation to send songs from California every edition is gone...only to be replaced with NY :lol: xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Woah, this is so much better on second listen. Thought at the LL "oh, this is pretty alright I guess" and then going back tonight my hair just got singed and I'm suing. I want her double neck guitar too xheat

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Woah, this is so much better on second listen. Thought at the LL "oh, this is pretty alright I guess" and then going back tonight my hair just got singed and I'm suing. I want her double neck guitar too xheat

Screaming lady finally got to you xheat :lol:

I am the fire
I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm
And I am the one I've been waiting for
xdance

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You did good in REJU as well though. WorldVision is very strange lately xexcuseme Not quite the same drop but I went from 1st to 11th a couple of editions ago. I've noticed some crazy 3 semi-esque shenanigans with other entries too with their semi vs final results.

What an entry though xheat More like this please. Kind of inspiring me to send heavier, dirtier rock. You've just gotta go for it and pray to Satan for a fab draw x.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
1200px-WNBC_4_NY.svg.png

After a decent start for our new Northeastern HoD in WorldVision on the stage of Eilat, with the Pennsylvanian rock band Halestorm, it's time to focus our attention to the act that will represent our region in the beautiful city of Bergamo in WV 123.
We'll give you one hint: our artist is born in New York and is born in March.​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
1200px-WNBC_4_NY.svg.png

Madison Beer performed admirably in Italy and we are eternally grateful for those high points from UK, Hungary, London and USA!
For our edition in Bowie, we have prepared another rising star who comes from the state of Pennsylvania. Our artist is signed with Hollywood Records. Bonus hint: Boy Meets World​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Sabrina Carpenter is celebrating her qualification with a mini-concert at NBC New York
"It's a birthday gift for me to be part of WorldVision Final and celebrate Bowiefest until its end" says the artist.

Gold-up.gif

Gold-down.gif

Top Bottom