Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: NEUS | WV we talk film | movie squad itt

With magic

DenizESC

Banned

I always use this one pre semi results show to maximize my qualification chances :mrgreen: but you can use it for anything really. It might take 3 days but at least it's completely fool proof. (?)

Low-key sounds like a pot 9 hit I know but you gotta forget about that and set your mind to the very important, life changing end goal of changing your thread title!

DaFlo

Banned

[tweet]1023677914959634434[/tweet]
[tweet]1023678208703528960[/tweet]
[tweet]1023679642278850560[/tweet]
cux1x3P.png
cux1x3P.png
cux1x3P.png

DaFlo

Banned

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

SEE YOU IN

5WcNu3V.png

🎟️🎢🎪🎡🎠

DaFlo

Banned

Globe-New.gif

GREETINGS FROM ASTROWORLD MY FRIENDS

IT'S LIT

tenor.gif

rollin, rollin, rollin,

got me stargazing

d0c8qa6.png

wish you were here

DaFlo

Banned

A STORY FROM ASTROWORLD

RARE PHOTO OF THREE HIP PLAYERS OF THE WORLDVISION

🚨 DON'T OPEN WHEN ALLERGIC TO HIP 🚨

#wavysnapshots #1

DaFlo

Banned

WELCOME TO
ASTROTALK

Todays episode: WV we talk hosting

Yes this is correct, we launching a talk show itt. Walk it like I talk it. And it's gonna be controversial. We in here in Astroworld sharing new ideas and visions, and today it's gonna be about hosting the Worldvision. Hosting is lots of work, lots of stress but at the end of the day it is lots of fun. I love hosting the WV. And I think many other former hosts do as well. I am one of the lucky persons that got the chance to host WV, not only once but already twice. And those of you who witnessed both of my hostings might have noticed something different between them. TBT to edition 73 in Amsterdam: Clean hosting, no mistakes, nothing extraordinary. A perfect "standard" WV hosting. Now let's have a look at edition 94 in Compton: Personal banners, controversial shows and lowkey a scandal. The attentive reader perhaps has already figured out what point I'm trying to present. Would an artist release the same album twice? No because he wants to develope something new. Don't stagnate. Maybe not everyone will like his new sound, but you gotta take risks. And this right here applies to hosting as well. Doing nothing fancy on your first hosting is fine, just like I did. Show WV what a good host you can be. But you should switch things up when you get another chance. Present new ideas, give your hosting a theme, just enjoy yourself. Take risks! I switched things up for my 2nd hosting, and I know not everyone fucked with it but in the end shit was lit. At least for me. I told myself after 73 that I won't host again if I don't have a completely new vision different to my previous hostings. And that is what I wanna see more from experienced hosts: show personality, try new stuff. Treces ESC result show, Olegs qualifiers show, WV needs more of this stuff. They are gonna be remembered. Who wants to see city X for the millionth time on the banners? Show us your passion, show us what you love. Just do your thing. We love new ideas itt. It is called WorldVISION - so show us conceptual hostings. From start to finish YOUR vision. That's the spirit. At the end of the day it's all love, no one will kill you for doing your thing. Unless ofc you go as far as not setting a deadline. That stuff is next level provocative.

Free thinkers itt share your opinion.

*blessings*

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Interesting discussion point itt. I agree that some of the most memorable editions have been the ones with unusual ideas. I remember editions like Oleg and Veronika's, their unusual designs and unique results shows. Eulaliya's beautiful and very artistic shows. I remember themes like Sasha's movie one and of course, Flow's incredibly controversial Kanye theme. I like seeing any style of show, but these kinds have stuck in my mind the most. Special shout out to Ashley's banner he made for Countess Luann that featured Rita and Sally from Coronation Street (still unsurpassed).

I've been lucky enough to host three times (four if you count the work I did on Kris' last edition), and I was finally satisfied on the last go. It's not easy though at all hosting, and each time I did it I stressed myself out. I felt like I achieved something that was personal without being indulgent that last time around. I don't mind when others are indulgent though. I actually enjoy it. The chance to host doesn't come often, so don't throw away any crazy ideas you may have. Be bold and go for them. Live your dream. This is your fantasy and it's happening. You're in the moment.

If I ever get the chance to host again it's going to be the people's edition. Everyone makes their own banner and then sends it to me. A team of highly trained monkeys then will count the votes and arrange the results show as I sip wine.

DenizESC

Banned

Denzel from the HIP3 arrived!

Obviously I have 0 experience with hosting but if it ever happened that I won, if such a world existed somewhere out there I'd definitely try something fresh and original and of course something that fits my persona here, would not even wait for a 2nd time since that surely won't happen :D I won't say exactly what I'd do ofc but one thing we all know is the obvious host choice XD f.e. Hosting does seem very stressful though, I don't know if I could handle all the responsibilities on my own (I know you're not really on your own but...) like the pressure might become too much I think, might just walk away or since this is a forum high chance of me just declaring the edition cancelled and leaving forever.

Anyways I agree WV needs new original ideas and some uniqueness. Oleg new scoreboard ideas, your Kanye show etc. etc. those were all lit. We need to lit more stuff here in WV to experience more of those xheat moments

Ausesken

Interesting topic here. I have a lot of experience in hosting WV, as (you know it very well) I'm the person that has won more times, so I know what I'm talking about :cool:
Joking aside, many times I've thought what I'd do in case I was the host, have some designs ready to use -until I change mind and delete them-, but it's also true that some countries or regions give me more ideas than others. For example, if I won now with Piedmont I wouldn't have a clue what to do, because honestly I don't know much this region, but I did have nice ideas with Spain and Mexico. However, I know for sure that my impression on the hosting would be more related to the design of banners and other stuff than an innovation in the results/qualifiers show or something like that.
I do enjoy hosting though, and it's very gratifying when you see that people appreciate all the time you spent trying to make a beautiful show, because you do it for them after all.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Conflicted topic for me, I think the 'standard' exists because it works so well, and is easy for everyone to understand. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but at the same time it's nice to see some personality in shows, but imo people can easily do that through banners enough with their design. Such as Eulaliya did with her hand drawn banners (think of them as you will) or Rainy with his. We should be careful though, because anyone who's visited the NSC topic knows, these 'fun' different ways of hosting and trying to be memorable has resulted in some absolute freakshows of an edition with results and points system no one understands and leaves everyone confused, I absolutely don't want to see this in WV. We have a standard, and it works well. To me it's not a problem and I don't think it takes away from anyones hosting if they use the standard, in fact In most circumstances I prefer it. Yaroslav for a fact I know, prefers the standard also, I've discussed it a lot with him, and if anything he finds any sort of game pointless and out of theme with WV. His (current) eurovision final results show from when he hosted was nothing real earth shattering or 'different', and really just a show off attempt of his graphics skills. In my 9469494969 WLSC hostings, for example, I often use the eurovsion system for results. Liza does the 'standard' but there is absolutely nothing forgettable or boring about her hostings at all. In qualifiers shows, games and joking about make me eye roll. Do something interesting sure and follow a theme, but dragging it out with random stuff that isn't needed makes 0 sense to me, and if anything makes results boring, more than enjoyable. I enjoyed hosting the 3 times I have done, the first was a total trainwreck, the 2nd was a little better (and there I did nation specific banners) but still meh and 3rd was a huge improvement imo although not among the best at all. To me, a WV edition, needs good easy to read graphics and banners - you don't need to be an expert to deliver this, and as a fact, I detest text shows and don't see why people even need or want them unless the banners are a unreadable. It doesn't desperately need crazy themes for hosting results, or trying to be innovative.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

If I ever get the chance to host again it's going to be the people's edition. Everyone makes their own banner and then sends it to me. A team of highly trained monkeys then will count the votes and arrange the results show as I sip wine.

Alex did this in WV47 for his final, not everyone made their own banner but there was some interesting designs. :lol: Liza made a gif, and Avalon had a banner covered in Pingus, for example. :lol:

DaFlo

Banned

GOOD productions presents
Flow's greenroom essentials
_____

LOVE EVERYONE
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4

Too good 4 Worldvision

ASTROTALK

wavy snapshots
_____

Plus occasional breakdowns, Kanye tweets, music & movie talk.
More formats launching soon! Love everyone episode #5 tomorrow my friends ^-^

🙌🙌🙌

DenizESC

Banned

Flow greenroom has been one of the highlights of WV tbh everyone always waiting on what will come next xheat #5 don't know what it is yet, but will 100% be epic again

DaFlo

Banned

Flow greenroom has been one of the highlights of WV tbh everyone always waiting on what will come next xheat #5 don't know what it is yet, but will 100% be epic again

Aww thank you xheart

Also watch out for second episode of wavy snapshots, gon be especially wavy

nB3dWNL.png

DaFlo

Banned

LOVE EVERYONE / ep. 5 / WV97

The love is in us all my friends 💕 Our next entry is love x3, and we dedicate it to none other than the god of Worldvision [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] 🤴🔱 You laid the foundation stone of this game, you are a visionary. 💡 We wouldn't play it without you, thank you Trece for all the effort you put into Worldvision. It's honour, it's appreciation. 🙌 In the words of Rihanna - I want you to stay. WV needs you, we need the summer, the salsa, the latin, the Trece. 🏖️ It's not the same without you. So we are glad you are here again with us. 🌞 We hope you enjoyed your break editions, recharged your energy and are back sending the hits of the hits. Looking forward to them ⚡🎶

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

ooohh these dedication love everyone posts. xlove You're really bringing so many positivity and happy vibes to a contest that can be very depressing and stressful at times. Keep sharing the love. ��

ZoboCamel

Conflicted topic for me, I think the 'standard' exists because it works so well, and is easy for everyone to understand. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but at the same time it's nice to see some personality in shows, but imo people can easily do that through banners enough with their design. Such as Eulaliya did with her hand drawn banners (think of them as you will) or Rainy with his. We should be careful though, because anyone who's visited the NSC topic knows, these 'fun' different ways of hosting and trying to be memorable has resulted in some absolute freakshows of an edition with results and points system no one understands and leaves everyone confused, I absolutely don't want to see this in WV. We have a standard, and it works well. To me it's not a problem and I don't think it takes away from anyones hosting if they use the standard, in fact In most circumstances I prefer it. Yaroslav for a fact I know, prefers the standard also, I've discussed it a lot with him, and if anything he finds any sort of game pointless and out of theme with WV. His (current) eurovision final results show from when he hosted was nothing real earth shattering or 'different', and really just a show off attempt of his graphics skills. In my 9469494969 WLSC hostings, for example, I often use the eurovsion system for results. Liza does the 'standard' but there is absolutely nothing forgettable or boring about her hostings at all. In qualifiers shows, games and joking about make me eye roll. Do something interesting sure and follow a theme, but dragging it out with random stuff that isn't needed makes 0 sense to me, and if anything makes results boring, more than enjoyable. I enjoyed hosting the 3 times I have done, the first was a total trainwreck, the 2nd was a little better (and there I did nation specific banners) but still meh and 3rd was a huge improvement imo although not among the best at all. To me, a WV edition, needs good easy to read graphics and banners - you don't need to be an expert to deliver this, and as a fact, I detest text shows and don't see why people even need or want them unless the banners are a unreadable. It doesn't desperately need crazy themes for hosting results, or trying to be innovative.

Apart from the point on text shows (which I find helpful when sorting my votes, and when I don't quite agree with the host on what "readable" means for banners), I absolutely agree with everything you've said here.

Creativity and fun themes are definitely a plus, but I don't think they should come at the cost of functionality; it feels like people are putting the cart before the horse when they've got some cool, out-there theme but leave everyone struggling to participate in the first place (e.g. being unable to read the banners, or know deadlines, or understand what's going on with results shows etc.). I'm always quite happy and impressed when someone gets the basics right, given how hard that all is - even if things are hosted on a default Scorewiz background.

TL;DR My view is essentially "Get the basics down, don't change up the whole WV formula in confusing ways just to stand out, but feel free to get as creative as you want outside of that" - whether that creativity is Trece's slick graphic design, Flo's themed hip-hop banner images or Rainy's hot hand-drawn show. Just my two cents here :)

Top Bottom