Contact us

North Macedonia NORTH MACEDONIA 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I dont have facebook what is this

Tells me I can't watch the video, what does it say ?

It´s the first post and can be seen without logging yourself in.

It´s a sequence of :mk: 2019 performance.

That´s the "post" ^^ ä

-----------

What´s the point of using a "Eurovision 2023" hashtag for a country who´s not participating in Eurovision 2023?

Why did they include a "comet" emoji??? A coment symbolises "arrival"...

Looren

Veteran

It´s the first post and can be seen without logging yourself in.

It´s a sequence of :mk: 2019 performance.

That´s the "post" ^^ ä

-----------

What´s the point of using a "Eurovision 2023" hashtag for a country who´s not participating in Eurovision 2023?

Why did they include a "comet" emoji??? A coment symbolises "arrival"...

Wait does it mean they might send a last minute entry or what ?

It's impossible right ?

Looren

Veteran
Girl this made me hope for them to come back as soon as possible, and I don't like to have high hopes 'cause after am probably ending up being disappointed lmao

Mainshow

Veteran
I mean, I don´t really believe it either - but I don´t get why the official account would be trolling like that?

If it had been because of "world pride" (which takes place in Sydney), they would have included some LGTBQ+ hashtags or the rainbow flag.

If they wanted to make people interested in "Eurovision 2023", they could have shown a snippet of the already chosen entries or former winners...

What´s the point of making an individual post by just showing the flag of North Macedonia, putting the hashtag #Eurovision2023 behind it and including a comet emoji?!? Oo

MopManMoss

Veteran
I mean, I don´t really believe it either - but I don´t get why the official account would be trolling like that?

If it had been because of "world pride" (which takes place in Sydney), they would have included some LGTBQ+ hashtags or the rainbow flag.

If they wanted to make people interested in "Eurovision 2023", they could have shown a snippet of the already chosen entries or former winners...

What´s the point of making an individual post by just showing the flag of North Macedonia, putting the hashtag #Eurovision2023 behind it and including a comet emoji?!? Oo
Tamara's sister Tijana Dapčević (:mk: 2014) is trying to represent serbia again thats the only vague link I can think of

Sabrewulf238

Would it actually be possible for a country to enter the competition last minute after the semi draws have already occurred?

Is there any precedent for it?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Would it actually be possible for a country to enter the competition last minute after the semi draws have already occurred?

Is there any precedent for it?
I don't think so, unless North Macedonia drops the cash. The opposite did happen though with Romania in 2016, Belarus in 2021 and Russia in 2022, who were all kicked out after the draw took place.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't think so, unless North Macedonia drops the cash. The opposite did happen though with Romania in 2016, Belarus in 2021 and Russia in 2022, who were all kicked out after the draw took place.

There was a similar case with :sl: back in 2014.
The country didn't appear on the official list of participation(?) And there had been two extension of the deadline... Slovenia eventually secured fundings and got announced as an additional participant on 17th January....

The allocation draw was organised 3 days afterwards...

I still think it's unlikely and that the EBU was just trolling when the included #Eurovision2023 and hat comet emoji next to the flag of North Macedonia but I believe that they would allow interested participants to join... if they meet all criteria prior the deadline (mid March) - especially for countries whose broadcasters wanted to take part but weren't able to confirm their participation or had to withdraw because of financial issues.

Verjamem

I will not really realize their absence, considering they went for soulless English entries most of the previous years.
It's always sad to see a country go, but I agree with that. Even stock Balkan ballads from Montenegro were better than most recent Macedonian [just because of flag] entries.

Sammy

Veteran
It's always sad to see a country go, but I agree with that. Even stock Balkan ballads from Montenegro were better than most recent Macedonian [just because of flag] entries.
It‘s just a shame Vasil didn‘t go for something like Patuvam. That would have shot him straight into my top 3 at least.

Ajeje Brazorf

I will not really realize their absence, considering they went for soulless English entries most of the previous years.
I just see it as a wasted opportunity. Pred da se razdeni flopped in the semi, so did Vasyl. But at least the former showcased Macedonian culture and language. I wish Macedonia had used the previous 3 years to showcase its culture and flop in style. At least the euros spent would have mattered for a good cause.

Cries in Cveke na tagata... If Lara Ivanova sent that song in Macedonian and not in English, she not only could have won her selection, but probably would have been a qualifier in Esc last year...

Top Bottom