Contact us

North Macedonia NORTH MACEDONIA 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Miss Antartica

the first drama for 2023, they simple want more attention, they made some rumors for give their pass for the final.

Deleted member 12761

So overdramatic. And all of this because of a little flag. She apologized and everything should be okay.

StephenMuckle

Seeing as North Macedonia are participating in JESC, it does appear that the talk of their withdrawal is pie in the sky.

Charly

Looren

Veteran
The government didn't fund their ESC participation.
Praying they would find sugar daddy money
emot-pray.gif

Oh no

Losing North Macedonia would hurt me a lot tbh, Andrea was my 2nd last year (my fave North Macedonian entry) Here I Stand was my 3rd in 2021 and Proud was my 2nd in 2019 if we only talk about their last 4 years

Please stay 😭

Romeo

I don't trust Macedonia with songs since they stripped my Esma of her ANTHEM "Imperija" JUSTICE FOR IMPERIJA

Romeo

I don't trust Macedonia with songs since they stripped my Esma of her ANTHEM "Imperija" JUSTICE FOR IMPERIJA
Don't listen to me. I make no sense! I forgot about "Proud"

A-lister

Veteran
Macedonia has been pretty hit-or-miss for me, the last entry I liked from them was 2018, but like many other times they completely messed up the staging package for it. My absolute favorite Macedonian entries were 2012 and 2007, but it just shows how long ago they sent something really good, and how uneven they've been.

With that being said, I still hope they will stay in the contest. I think there is potential in every country, they just need to challenge it correctly and play to their strengths and stop compromising to some, often misunderstood, idea about how a Eurovision entry "should" sound like or stop trying to be "Western".

HarryUK

I had a feeling that they’d try and use the flag throwing incident last year as a cover for them leaving the contest due to their financial difficulties this year…

Top Bottom