Contact us

North Macedonia NORTH MACEDONIA 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
We need to see a Balkan country win this year so that the costs of staying in the host country won't be so outrageously high.

Mainshow

Veteran
Musically, I won´t be misisng North Macedonia either.

As an avid Eurovision fan as well as a "proud European", I would love to see as many countries as possible taking part, of course.

It´s just a pity that a few countries have to withdraw because of financial reasons.

elanyvx

In addition to all that has been said, MRT site reports that there is also an increase in the cost of Participation fee: until last year it was 39,143.00 euros and next year it should be higher.

Last edited:

ESC94

Musically, I won´t be misisng North Macedonia either.

As an avid Eurovision fan as well as a "proud European", I would love to see as many countries as possible taking part, of course.

It´s just a pity that a few countries have to withdraw because of financial reasons.

I can see them returning in 2024 though, unlike :bg:.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
In addition to all that has been said, MRT site reports that there is also an increase in the cost of registration: until last year it was 39,143.00 euros and next year it should be higher.

"Registration"? - Like "Participation fee"?

Personally, I think that the EBU needs to do a few cuts and maybe downsize a little. We don´t need "bigger, better" stages every year and a single host (+1 in the green room) is enough and honestly, a few dedicated fans can do some stuff for free like coming up with a running order, doing interviews for the official channel - the EBU/the public broadcaster doesn´t have to spend so much money on unnecessary people.

It´s unfortunate that the participation fees for smaller/poorer countries gets higher as well.

shameless

I am so sad, just like BG they had some amazing result lately and I was so happy how much it meant to them. Hope they will be able to come back. Small countries with their own culture, language and musical and fashion taste like Macedonia need the contest and the contest need them. It is just not the same without.

Sammy

Veteran
, a few dedicated fans can do some stuff for free like coming up with a running order, doing interviews for the official channel - the EBU/the public broadcaster doesn´t have to spend so much money on unnecessary people.

Nooooooo please! Just imagine for a moment who this would be! Leeeeeeeets doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thiiiiiiiiiis all over the place! xscared

Mainshow

Veteran
That would be a nightmare.

However, I still believe that the EBU has to downsize a little (in terms of structure, organisation, costs).
It's a pity that they rose the participation fees now - especially since Europe is facing an energy crisis. This way we won't be seeing Slovakia back any time soon and that's why countries like Montenegro ans North Macedonia struggle...

ESC94

That would be a nightmare.

However, I still believe that the EBU has to downsize a little (in terms of structure, organisation, costs).
It's a pity that they rose the participation fees now - especially since Europe is facing an energy crisis. This way we won't be seeing Slovakia back any time soon and that's why countries like Montenegro ans North Macedonia struggle...

As if :sk: would come back with lower fees, there´s simply zero interest in the contest there.:rolleyes:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Nooooooo please! Just imagine for a moment who this would be! Leeeeeeeets doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thiiiiiiiiiis all over the place! xscared

Literally. 🤣 will turn into host + wiwibloggs

Mainshow

Veteran
As if :sk: would come back with lower fees, there´s simply zero interest in the contest there.:rolleyes:
There's almost zero interest in Georgia or the Czech Republic either and they still participate (see low viewing figures).

Slovakia is the "poorest" country within the European Union and participating in Eurovision isn't really cheap (still more lucrative than some homemade production, though).

North Macedonia and/or Montenegro have somehow complained about the participation fees and costs for accommodation in the UK. It's not a far-fetched thought that this might be very true for some "smaller and not-so-rich" countries.

ESC94

There's almost zero interest in Georgia or the Czech Republic either and they still participate (see low viewing figures).

Slovakia is the "poorest" country within the European Union and participating in Eurovision isn't really cheap (still more lucrative than some homemade production, though).

North Macedonia and/or Montenegro have somehow complained about the participation fees and costs for accommodation in the UK. It's not a far-fetched thought that this might be very true for some "smaller and not-so-rich" countries.

I still don´t think they would come back.xshrug

Top Bottom