Probably, you're going crazy
It's all you've been doing lately
You don't wanna test my limits
I gave you all, but you're not listenin'
Can you stop calling me baby
I've made up my mind already
We're running in circles​

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Do you think Makfest and Skopjefest were better than Dora and Co.?

I remember a lot of people being suspicious the year that Daniel Kajmakoski won Skopjefest because Tamara Todevska was a hot-favorite to win and then finished runner-up, there were accusations of SIM card fraud.

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, I said after 2012 was only internal selection, but 2014 was an exception, they used a NF format that year too.. :)

Mrm

Veteran
I remember a lot of people being suspicious the year that Daniel Kajmakoski won Skopjefest because Tamara Todevska was a hot-favorite to win and then finished runner-up, there were accusations of SIM card fraud.
That is true probably, the problem with those festivals was not bad songs, but usually rigged results since MKTV was ruled by VMRO political party as they controled evreything for a long time..But Tamara Todevska is close to current government and her time came later and we could experience that (2019)... ;)

randajad

Veteran
I don’t remember what happened at the NF, but during that time he won regional X Factor and briefly became very popular, so I don’t doubt with or without SIM fraud, he was still very well supported.

And to be completely honest, I was not that big fan of Skopjefest, but it was an established festival and I would love to see it revamped.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Sim card fraud. lol. Whenever someone is a favourite and loses, it's always due to Sim Card fraud, it's true. Not because of any other reason, like say, the music.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wasn't it actually that more votes were cast than actual viewers or something? also I recall one of the juries had the exact same rank across the board on all jury members.

Mrm

Veteran
Wasn't it actually that more votes were cast than actual viewers or something? also I recall one of the juries had the exact same rank across the board on all jury members
yes that was the case, and not only that year, all Mkd NF festivals in period 2004 - 2011 were full of jury and televoting scandals... strange results, politicians involved in juries etc, etc...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
yes that was the case, and not only that year, all Mkd NF festivals in period 2004 - 2011 were full of jury and televoting scandals... strange results, politicians involved in juries etc, etc...

tbh we haven't had a proper scandalous NF for quite a while (that I recall) so I think we're due one. Moldova doesn't count as it's so habitual and kinda bless there.

Mrm

Veteran
tbh we haven't had a proper scandalous NF for quite a while (that I recall) so I think we're due one. Moldova doesn't count as it's so habitual and kinda bless there.
But now VMRO right wing party is not in charge in MKRTV, as it was the case during that period.. :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@RainyWoods remember the red carpet event? xheat

Who could ever forget? One of the most iconic events in Eurovision history. The gorgeous red carpet blessed with a crowd on either side of about zero people. Interviews that lasted half an hour each. Autumn leaves that cursed the crimson carpet, foretelling the dark events that would follow. That star-studded night had it all.

A-lister

Veteran
That is true probably, the problem with those festivals was not bad songs, but usually rigged results since MKTV was ruled by VMRO political party as they controled evreything for a long time..But Tamara Todevska is close to current government and her time came later and we could experience that (2019)... ;)

So basically Tamara is a general political h*e is what you're saying since she represented the country under both VMRO and the current government and whoever represents does so based on their ties with the government at the time? xthink :lol:

Last edited:

Stiven

I don't know how to feel about this for those who don't know MRT run festivals have a horrible reputation here, and our Eurovision NFs are definitely a prime example apart from the already mentioned rigging, they were usually of poor quality overall: horrible stages, bad fashion, horrible hosts because none of our popular tv hosts wanted (and still don't) to be associated with MRT etc. And about rigging if you think the 2017 :es: NF was bad you should search up :mk: 2005 NF the rigging there was so bad it ruined Martin Vucic career due to how obvious it was. Also the song quality of our NFs was usually pretty bad and the non winning songs flopped big time while there were exceptions such as Samovilska Svadba, More od Solzi, Sonce i Mesecina it was a rule that our NFs songs were of horrible quality and would flop . I was personally so scared by our NFs that I didn't even watch SkopjeFest 2014 because it was obvious that Daniel was gonna win and a with a high probability that the songs were going to be of horrible quality I decided not to waste my time watching it and instead went to bed early.
Getting back to the current NF here are the rules that I can gather from reading the News report:
-The NF will have 6 songs maximum.
-The voting will be a 50/50 split between public voting (it doesn't mention whenever it will be tele-voting or internet/app voting) and foreign juries.
-The wining prize is 2000€ for the entire team.
-The authors can be foreign but the performers must be citizens of :mk:.
-As I can gather there is a free language rule but the submitted songs have to come with either Macedonian or English version of the lyrics.
As of now I'm not too optimistic mainly due to our previous NFs but time will tell wherever MRT have learned from their past mistakes or not (knowing MRT it's probably the later).

Last edited:

elanyvx

Mimmon

Veteran
Interesting...I just hope they won't do during the Basketball break like one country did their nf years ago

njdevils94

Veteran
Interesting...I just hope they won't do during the Basketball break like one country did their nf years ago

When was this?

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
When was this?
The national selection I feel like between 2006-2009...... I remembered reading about it and laughing about it...It consisted of 6 songs that played during the break and during the basketball game people needed to vote about it....Which song they liked the most

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The national selection I feel like between 2006-2009...... I remembered reading about it and laughing about it...It consisted of 6 songs that played during the break and during the basketball game people needed to vote about it....Which song they liked the most
What country is that even

mauve

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
Sim Card queen then ... err ... king. While I take such stories with a pinch of salt it would be very doable in a country with a small population like North Macedonia.

Top Bottom