Probably, you're going crazy
It's all you've been doing lately
You don't wanna test my limits
I gave you all, but you're not listenin'
Can you stop calling me baby
I've made up my mind already
We're running in circles​

Schlagerman1

As I just said before. Try to force me in a conversation that starts with "I want a healthy conversation" and you would see me for the very last time... :mrgreen:
That is of course your feelings, but I think the song is about neither of us. I think the song is about someone she has been together with, who she has tried to be with for a long time. I feel a lot of anger and desperation in the lyrics, maybe this person is being very off putting and maybe even violent when they argueing. I do feel some vibes in the lyrics that this is a typical song from a woman that has been through something terrible, sits down in front of this person for the first time in a long time and have this "healthy conversation" for once in a her life. And even if it leads to nothing more than a break-up, tears and farewells, it might still be good for her to have this dialogue with the person who hurt her.

Sammy

Veteran
That is of course your feelings, but I think the song is about neither of us. I think the song is about someone she has been together with, who she has tried to be with for a long time. I feel a lot of anger and desperation in the lyrics, maybe this person is being very off putting and maybe even violent when they argueing. I do feel some vibes in the lyrics that this is a typical song from a woman that has been through something terrible, sits down in front of this person for the first time in a long time and have this "healthy conversation" for once in a her life. And even if it leads to nothing more than a break-up, tears and farewells, it might still be good for her to have this dialogue with the person who hurt her.
Well, I didn't assume the song is about me or us. I just said, these lyrics make me feel uncomfortable which leads inevitably to the face that I can't enjoy it. It's like someone doesn't like the sound of an instrument and therefore doesn't like songs, in which it is used.

But I can explain you, why these lyrics make me feel so bad.

Now you may know that according to a german psychologist (F. Schultz von Thun) there are 4 levels of sending a message and 4 levels of hearing it at the same time. (What it literally says/the verbal content - Relation: what the message says about us - What it says about the speaker/the listener - What it wants the listener to do)
Of course I can't say which level Andrea is focussing as a sender, I can only tell you, what I hear from these messages (and that is shaped by my experiences of many conversations in which I heard these or very similar wordings)

"I just want a healthy conversation" - I hear: All of our conversations so far were unhealthy, and you are to blame for it so get it right this time

Get it right and fix the situation - I hear: Since it's your fault, go and do something about it, change yourself and do want I want you to do, otherwise it's over

You don't wanna test my limits - I hear: Don't you dare to have another opinion on the matter

But something tells me, you're not listening - I hear: Again, it's your fault! You're not behaving in the way you should!

Probably you're going crazy - I hear: It's you who need help, because you're mentally (again) unstable, so you're the problem.

It's all you've been doing lately - I hear: so you did nothing effective / not enough to get the things straight. Why didn't you do more?

I've made up my mind already - I hear: Anyway, it's over because I already decided it, but I want you to continue fighting for it a little bit more so I can have my revenge on you.

we run around in circles - I hear: What we are doing is useless, but I force you into that, be prepared for another couple of hours of "healthy" conversations.

Wow - so much negativity, so much blaming, so much hidden aggression. You call that a "healthy" conversation?

Just to be clear - I'm just describing my individual reaction to these lyrics based on my individual experiences with this kind of situation. It triggers very bad memories that I don't want to revive.

midnightsun

Veteran
As a woman I can totally relate to the lyrics, which is one reason, as opposed to Sammy, WHY I like the song. I like her expression but she‘s at the edge and has to reduce her angry face to not go over the edge and evoke exactly the feelings in others that Sammy described.

I don’t want to start a feminist empowerment discussion but it’s so typical male behaviour that if a woman is complaining about a toxic relationship it’s always her who is the one guilty because she DARED to complain. I mean, some women do exaggerate and spread hate while claiming to be entitled because it’s „feminism“ but there are some who went through that for real. I haven’t even been in a toxic relationship yet I can feel this song so much!

Sammy

Veteran
As a woman I can totally relate to the lyrics, which is one reason, as opposed to Sammy, WHY I like the song. I like her expression but she‘s at the edge and has to reduce her angry face to not go over the edge and evoke exactly the feelings in others that Sammy described.

I don’t want to start a feminist empowerment discussion but it’s so typical male behaviour that if a woman is complaining about a toxic relationship it’s always her who is the one guilty because she DARED to complain. I mean, some women do exaggerate and spread hate while claiming to be entitled because it’s „feminism“ but there are some who went through that for real. I haven’t even been in a toxic relationship yet I can feel this song so much!
Omg, I hope I didn't start here a big feminist issue. :lol: That wouldn't have been my intention.
So in case I was misunderstood - I was not trying to put any blame on women who complain or free themselves from toxic relationships. On the contrary - I would strongly support them in their liberation.
I was just VERY subjectively describing my feelings, when I heard the lyrics, because they reminded me of situations I went through. And in those particular cases - I had to deal with very toxic women who had a problem with me being gay. (but explaining that would go too far at this point)
So - no further or broader meanings on a general or social level were implied. (I'm not saying you did imply them though. ;))

Chorizo

There is nothing really wrong with this song, but it's kind of boring and generic. Nevertheless, I'm surprised it's last in the odds.
5 points from me.

midnightsun

Veteran
Omg, I hope I didn't start here a big feminist issue. :lol: That wouldn't have been my intention.
So in case I was misunderstood - I was not trying to put any blame on women who complain or free themselves from toxic relationships. On the contrary - I would strongly support them in their liberation.
I was just VERY subjectively describing my feelings, when I heard the lyrics, because they reminded me of situations I went through. And in those particular cases - I had to deal with very toxic women who had a problem with me being gay. (but explaining that would go too far at this point)
So - no further or broader meanings on a general or social level were implied. (I'm not saying you did imply them though. ;))

Oh. This post slipped somehow through, I didn’t intend being rude by ignoring this. Sorry.
I see you have all reasons to not like the song and I get that. And I‘m really sorry you had to go through this and had a bad experience with toxic women. I know women can be toxic too.

As I wrote above, her facial expression can be misinterpreted. To me they show her pain and desperation but to others she could come across as a complaining, demanding, sulky women. And I know people who have this opinion of women.

Same with the lyrics. I just feel in this song Andrea is a victim and her lyrics aren’t harsh but she‘s rather frustrated and desperated, going by the strong expressions on her face. I don’t feel she‘s going to fight someone. Instead, she‘s warning them, not to mess with her. But you got a totally different vibe, that she‘s slagging her person opposite (she‘s in a relationship with).

In the end, it’s a basic song and I get why people think it’s boring. But I really really like it, it’s in my top 10. I like the melody, the lyrics, her fierceness and strength, I have a feeling I understand her, from woman to woman. I really didn’t think someone else would draw another conclusion but I see where you come from.

Last edited:

kamc

This isn’t bad at all, but could definitely do with a revamp as it’s all a little one note right through the song. A killer bridge section would really lift it.

grazy2266

I like this song. I think it's because it is relatable, I would imagine, to so many people based on personal circumstances.

Loindici

Veteran
There's not going to be a music video or something? They're not doing her much favours with that claustrophobic lyric video.

I think it's worth waiting, I feel they'll probably release it late this month as the revamped version has been performed.

crashworld

Veteran
For any one who is interested in the 'live-on-tape" performance, here is a preview:

Usually the 'live-on-tape' will differ from the actual performance, but generally, the concept will remains.
Doesn't look that promising.

If she is going to keep her stunk-aggressively looking face throughout the entire performance, it's going to turn off alot of people.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I can't at :mk: having the worst national final of the ex-yu region yet the best eurovision entry of the region at the same timexrofl
That worst ex-Yugo NF still consisted of more interesting songs than the German NF, lol. And German population is like 40 times bigger, let alone their GDP.

EscGeek

Veteran
That worst ex-Yugo NF still consisted of more interesting songs than the German NF, lol. And German population is like 40 times bigger, let alone their GDP.
If you're into diverse selection for the sake of diverse selection sure, but both winning songs and "Anxiety" & "Soap" are going on my playlist so it's 3:1 for :de: for me. xmusic

Mainshow

Veteran
Did they already make use of that "revamped version worth of 5,000€"?!?!?!?!

midnightsun

Veteran
Unfortunately, and I say it with a sad heart, because I LOVE the song (which is in my top 10), this is most probably not qualifying because Andrea isn’t a great live singer nor performer (at least from what I‘ve watched so far). Of course there‘s room for improvement but there has to happen something real soon.

Top Bottom