It's all you've been doing lately
You don't wanna test my limits
I gave you all, but you're not listenin'
Can you stop calling me baby
I've made up my mind already
We're running in circles​

Iker

Veteran
To be honest, I don't mind if Viktor is going in with "Superman" and perform in his underwear. Rather than this nondescript pile of meh.
I have just listened to Superman for the first time today! And I have to say it's a very catchy and funny song. Slightly trashy but Not in a way that I would find gross. Not something anywhere similar to what I listen to usually but it is miles more engaging than 'Circles'. I have not watched though the live performances in the NF ... but I think Viktor is a decent vocalist and a beefcake. Apparently he lost by a tie, so he got very close.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Andrea-North-Macedonia-Eurovision-2022.jpg

Everything is crumbling down bеneath us
We run around, run around in circles
We run around in circleeeees.... xcry xheart

Mrm

Veteran
I love this entry so much!! I'm really glad she won now, even if Lara was officially my fave..

I think this will surprise many of us in Turin.. ;)

I hope she won't let me down live..

hijirio

Veteran
#justiceforsuperman
I better not speak how I feel about what happened in this NF. Still blows my mind that such a landslide televote winner was robbed of victory.

Only positive thoughts: it's much better than their last entry.

i'll score after the revamp. please re-write the lyrics from the scratch.

Iker

Veteran
Woke up with this song stuck in my head

I was taking a shower and then out of the blue I started crooning and singing it, lol. I could not remember what was the title or the singer though, but then I was browsing escunited and it got clear in my head. Maybe it is not as forgettable after all?

Last edited:

Etanna

This is not my type of song, unfortunately. I do like the verses but the refrain not so much and during the second part it just gets annoyingly repetitive

I realize only now after a second listening that I have misjudged Andrea and "Circles". I really like the warm and powerful voice of the Macedonian singer. I also appreciated the simplicity, without excessive movements or various tricks, with which Andrea sings. The song is pleasant and comes straight to the heart even if, the only flaws, at times it lacks originality and is a little repetitive. For the moment I vote :3: in my ranking. It is possible that in the next rounds of the Ranking Game I will award a higher score.

Betwixt Tales

It's okay on the first listen, but on the second it really dropped for me.
And I'm sorry, but who is the 8th grader that wrote these lyrics? Conversation - situation - temptation - situation. Come on, you gotta be able to do better than that when it's the ESC.

Sammy

Veteran
If I picture the situation the lyrics describe, I instantly feel really uncomfortable. It‘s such a toxic way of communication that I know all too well. I don‘t know if she wants to convey this feeling as n artistic expression, but it doesn’t make this song very likeable for me…

Iker

Veteran
If I picture the situation the lyrics describe, I instantly feel really uncomfortable. It‘s such a toxic way of communication that I know all too well. I don‘t know if she wants to convey this feeling as n artistic expression, but it doesn’t make this song very likeable for me…

Life can be cruel, so can be our relationships and I appreciate artists that do not avoid these topics, for instance my favourite singer-songwriter Fiona Apple very often raises that in her songs (for instance Get Gone), her songs have more metaphors though but she also has a very direct, blunt way of expressing herself just like Andrea in Circles.

Some excerpts from the lyrics of Get Gone below:

(...)
And you got away
With a lot, but I'm not turned-on
So put away that meat you're selling

How can I deal with this, if he won't get with this
Am I gonna heal from this, he won't admit to it
Nothing to figure out, I got to get him out
It's time the truth was out that he don't give a shit about me

(...)

I'll idealize, then realize
That it's no sacrifice, because the price is paid
And there's nothing left to grieve
Fuckin go

Sammy

Veteran
Life can be cruel, so can be our relationships and I appreciate artists that do not avoid these topics, for instance my favourite singer-songwriter Fiona Apple very often raises that in her songs (for instance Get Gone), her songs have more metaphors though but she also has a very direct, blunt way of expressing herself just like Andrea in Circles.
I meant it differently. If somebody with whom I was in a relationship would talk to me like Andrea does in her song, I would RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN as fast as I could. xscared

Schlagerman1

From what I understand, I think the lyrics are about a relationship that is about to be turned into dust. It is almost on the verge of being too late, but one part (Andrea he in this case) make one last effort to make it work, to put all the cards on the table and really have that talk about if it is worth to stay together. Some people are just trying to dance around harsh subjects in relationships, pretend that everything is fine when it is clearly not. It is way better to sit down, communicate and see what both parts want. And trust me, I have met too many people (both when it comes to friends and lovers) that just is so socially handicapped that they don't say anything. I understand that it is hard though, but sometimes you need to do it to make things better, for everyone. And I found that the most refreshing in Andreas song and, with a cool revamp, I could see this surprise us and qualify narrowly. :D

Sammy

Veteran
From what I understand, I think the lyrics are about a relationship that is about to be turned into dust. It is almost on the verge of being too late, but one part (Andrea he in this case) make one last effort to make it work, to put all the cards on the table and really have that talk about if it is worth to stay together. Some people are just trying to dance around harsh subjects in relationships, pretend that everything is fine when it is clearly not. It is way better to sit down, communicate and see what both parts want. And trust me, I have met too many people (both when it comes to friends and lovers) that just is so socially handicapped that they don't say anything. I understand that it is hard though, but sometimes you need to do it to make things better, for everyone. And I found that the most refreshing in Andreas song and, with a cool revamp, I could see this surprise us and qualify narrowly. :D
As I just said before. Try to force me into a conversation that starts with "I want a healthy conversation" and you would see me for the very last time... :mrgreen:

Top Bottom