Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
Poor Vasil, his song is beautiful and his vocals amazing but he's totally ignored :(

midnightsun

Veteran
This! Glad I have at least someone to vote for in Semi 1, there aren't much songs in there that I like.
I really love him and the song, but I also loved Israel 2019, it was my #1 that year (together with Russia), I love a good powerful ballad. And yeah, if people can, let them show off. Why not? In earlier years Eurovision was all about great voices. Not that I'm not happy this is different now; also glad we've been having a good amount of dance songs for years now. But I really like to see talents and talented singers (that is, with a great voice).

VikingTiger

I am sure many in the juries will feel an obligation and urge to vote for great vocals. Unfortunately for Vasil he is in the same semi as Ana. Of the two songs I think most people will lean towards Amen. So I am afraid that not even the juries will save this. He also comes across as too theatrical, too full-of-himself on stage.

Ezio

Veteran
Borderline Q or NQ.

Ezio

Veteran
Vasil smashed it apparently

A-lister

Veteran
I am sure many in the juries will feel an obligation and urge to vote for great vocals. Unfortunately for Vasil he is in the same semi as Ana. Of the two songs I think most people will lean towards Amen. So I am afraid that not even the juries will save this. He also comes across as too theatrical, too full-of-himself on stage.

I don't get why supposedly "great vocals" should save a complete pile of s* song though.

This is why juries need to be gone, we're looking for the best song here, not the greatest vocalist. Sure, vocals should matter, but if the song isn't any good then vocals alone shouldn't lift someone into the final.

midnightsun

Veteran
I love the song, I would have voted for it if I was a jury member. Why is it so hard to accept tastes are different? Maybe some of them will love the song because they just like it. The voices, the melody, the performance? I‘ve read different people crying to different songs so why is everybody allowed to cry to Voila but not to Here I stand? I am often touched by ballads like this. And I am expecting the juries to judge the vocals, that‘s why they are for! So yes, it’s no shame if they judge the quality of vocals. I wish they would do this more often instead of just voting for neighbours or betting odds darlings.
Maybe I listen to it with slightly professional musical ears, I‘ve been quite involved in music in the past. So I might have a different approach to liking it but if that is the reason it would prove why juries could go for this maybe as well.

A-lister

Veteran
I love the song, I would have voted for it if I was a jury member. Why is it so hard to accept tastes are different? Maybe some of them will love the song because they just like it. The voices, the melody, the performance? I‘ve read different people crying to different songs so why is everybody allowed to cry to Voila but not to Here I stand? I am often touched by ballads like this. And I am expecting the juries to judge the vocals, that‘s why they are for! So yes, it’s no shame if they judge the quality of vocals. I wish they would do this more often instead of just voting for neighbours or betting odds darlings.
Maybe I listen to it with slightly professional musical ears, I‘ve been quite involved in music in the past. So I might have a different approach to liking it but if that is the reason it would prove why juries could go for this maybe as well.

Taste differs, but I disagree with you that juries are here to solely judge vocals, then what's the point to even come up with a decent original song if you can just wail for 3 minutes? xshrug

I think there is nothing professional in this composition sorry, if it was a demo for Vasil to use in an audition for a musical theatre, then sure, but now it's a contest do find Europe's song in 2021.

Don't get me wrong, I respect that people have different taste in music, but that's beyond the point I made.

Milos-BC

Even though I really like his vocal, the song is very flat :( I think he will need a miracle to qualify.

3 points.

Chorizo

I like the building in which they filmed the music video. It's a nice ballad with a good ending and I can't say anything bad about it now but I'm not prone to put such ballads in my top 10. It's good for what it is, which is a song somewhere in the middle of my ranking that neither bothers nor excites me. 7 points from me.

Fluke

I almost thought this would be a shock qualifier. I guess Belgium became the one instead. Really curious what his score and placement is, would be fun if he actually beat some more popular entries.

Sammy

Veteran
Poor Vasil. If you had entered with Patuvam, we would have seen you in the final I guess.

Brandt

It was so Vasil performance with all the cringey things going on on the stage one after another. I expected all sorts of cringe stuff to happen but even I didn't predict this much to happen.

At the very least, he presented himself in the most transparent way possible. With all the cringe.

Top Bottom