Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
That antiquification MV made things even worse...Contemplating to make my 3 into a 2 or 1
That contrast between what they aimed for (something serious and very grand in their mind) and the final effect is so hilarious. I will take the cheapest euro-slutpops from the 00s over this.

Iker

Veteran
Cases are mostly imported and local community cases are usually single digit now. We have just past 60k infections cases though. We are not in lockdown or anything. But there are restrictions in the things we do but not as bad as compared to about a year ago when the pandemic hit us.

In Poland unfortunately the situation is getting worse again, 20+k daily confirmed cases, it wasn't this bad since late November.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It might very well be the very first entry I utterly dislike this year. It sounds like a male Disney ballad, but unlike in Disney where you have the overall cuteness of a nice animated movie to make up for it, here it's just cringe af. And Vasil's attitude seems so forced and unnatural gosh. First time I clearly give :1:

crashworld

Veteran
In Poland unfortunately the situation is getting worse again, 20+k daily confirmed cases, it wasn't this bad since late November.

Singapore is a much more smaller country though but highly densely-populated. So the numbers technically will be lower compared to larger countries but chances of getting infected (if not controlled properly) will be higher as we lived in such a small country in close proximity.

shameless

Is this our annual Ralph Siegel entrance that we were robbed of for a while? :D
I didn't thought it was possible for a song like this to compete in 2021 now that ESC became self aware of its own stereotypes the last half of a decade. It could very well be on the soundtrack of the The Story of Fire Saga but it seems like they're taking their own approach very serious? :eek::D

Iker

Veteran
Singapore is a much more smaller country though but highly densely-populated. So the numbers technically will be lower compared to larger countries but chances of getting infected (if not controlled properly) will be higher as we lived in such a small country in close proximity.

There was a reason why the very first big outbreak of covid-19 in the U.S was in New York of all places (big population density and being well connected with many other countries by flights).

crashworld

Veteran
For anyone who wants to "torture" yourself with this sentimental song:

I did watch the music video. It's definitely a very personal song for him, but that doesn't excuse him for producing such pile of sappy crap. I almost feel sorry for him. I wonder if he thinks he is able to replicate a Proud 2.0 with this.

Ezio

Veteran
Cringe. A guy with such a kinky aura delivering such a torpid cheese. It's Iceland 2018 on opioids.

In the words of the great Chris Brown: Meh x3

Loindici

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
Good that there is still Switzerland to cleanse my ears and soul after that.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
That intro made me think this will be a joke entry and will turn 180 degrees in the middle of the song but no, it had to continue and become one of the worst songs of this year. It takes itself so seriously that is a borderline parody and with such theatrics...I can't.

I didn't think someone (well other than Belarus but that's another can of worms) will manage to produce a song more annoying than Germany, but 🇲🇰 really worked on that cheese and over-the-top reactions. I didn't like his entry last year, but damn this is such a downgrade. Luckily this is still a contest set in Europe and the public won't be wet for a discount Broadway musical number, but the juries might unfortunately be.

:1:

midnightsun

Veteran
Wow! Who knew he was capable of THIS? He has an amazing voice and the song is actually quite pleasant! Good job! 8 points.

Top Bottom