Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Yeah, unfortunately sounds like a flamboyant version of that horror.

The juries will eat it up then, they love dated bland oversung pretentious ballads with "empowering" badly English written lyrics.

But we'll see, maybe it will be something completely different but I'm afraid for another blandfest and a type of entry that makes Eurovision look like it's 30 years behind.

While the "super-modern" songs with "national flavour" that you stan so much, make Eurovision look ahead of its time, right? :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
While the "super-modern" songs with "national flavour" that you stan so much, make Eurovision look ahead of its time, right? :lol:

Yeah, I will stan entries that actually represent their countries (as that's sort of the whole concept of Eurovision)... of course only if they are good enough (there are examples of entries with "national flavor" that I didn't like so obviously I can't stan those). It's not always about being super modern, but about being true. Some sounds are timeless, some sounds are modern, some are just joyful, some are interesting... and then there is the category of just dated, soulless, unoriginal, bland and generally out of touch of both the country's music scene or culture AND music in general- type of entries, this latter category is what I personally loath about the contest because it brings absolutely nothing to the contest and is offensive in its way of trying to add no spice what-so-ever.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

I liked your comment, I just dont like the end of it, there is the audience for everything, I like dated sometimes...
Everything that is in the contest has it's audience obviously.. :)

A-lister

Veteran
I guess it's great to see, what I'm assuming anyway, what will be a big LGBT pride anthem coming from that part of Europe. More power to him, and the likes of Mirud in Albania too.

Mirud's entry was pretty great though, I'm afraid Vasil's won't be... but we'll see xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

I liked your comment, I just dont like the end of it, there is the audience for everything, I like dated sometimes...
Everything that is in the contest has it's audience obviously.. :)

Each to their own, of course people will have different taste, I just express my own taste here and I can't do anything else.

Every now and then I also like something that some would consider "bad", "dated" or "bland" or whatever, I am completely aware of that music is diverse and it's not about inventing the wheel all the time and that's not really what I meant either.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Yeah, unfortunately sounds like a flamboyant version of that horror.

The juries will eat it up then, they love dated bland oversung pretentious ballads with "empowering" badly English written lyrics.

But we'll see, maybe it will be something completely different but I'm afraid for another blandfest and a type of entry that makes Eurovision look like it's 30 years behind.

Traduction : It sounds like a masterpiece

LontraCanadensis

This is screaming even bigger flop than last year ngl lol. I already thought North Macedonia was DOA, but I think this is really sealing their fate. At least it's one less obstacle for Ukraine though ^^

Loindici

Veteran
WE HAVE A DATE MY GENEROUS PEOPLE
March 11th will be the release of Here I Stand!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL3s6wsDORU/

EDIT: The post also contained a snippet of the song. It's gonna be another gospel tune that the Cypriot Christians might... uh... oops i remembered the context. Moving on, but stillxheat

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It reeks of mercenary wokeness. I know I should reserve judgment but... it had better be in good taste, and not a desperate ploy to lure in votes from the naive and impressionable.

Mrm

Veteran
Gooosh what's that with gospel sound this year.. :eek:
Even the black quoir is here.. :D
But this one sounds really promising actually.. :)

Realest

I hope the professional juries dont swallow the lure.

Mrm

Veteran
:LOL: Wrote the same thing in the same moment!
Yeah. :D
It is a bit sad to see gospel with black singers from the USA for Macedonia with such a beautiful music, you know how they can make smth interesting as a mix of Macedonian ethno elements and pop or rock, or smth, but ok...

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Yeah. :D
It is a bit sad to see gospel with black singers from the USA for Macedonia with such a beautiful music, you know how they can make smth interesting as a bland of Macedonian ethno elements and pop or rock, or smth, but ok...

The backing singers might be Vasil's friends from Chicago Children's Choir, where he sang when he was young.

Top Bottom