Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

escEndre

Hi everyone!

Check out our latest interview with Vasil here! :-)
We need help from you Eurovisonfans to grow bigger on YouTube so we can do more interviews like this, so please help us with subscribing our YouTube channel! :)

Looren

Veteran
I don't understand people calling 'Autumn Leaves' good or being sad that it did NQ but sure different strokes for different folks. Yikes. In Macedonian it was somewhat tolerable but English version was my ultimate musical nightmare, and don't let me start on the performance, lol.

I really liked Daniel's performance at Vienne, he did a great job and has a beautiful voice

midnightsun

Veteran
Autumn Leaves was my favourite ESC Song 2015. :) It was great in English and amazing in its original version but the live version - no. I got that he wanted his favourite band to be with him on stage but it was a song that makes no sense if sung by a group, neither musicwise nor lyricwise. The performance reminded me of Bulgaria 2018 when an awesome song became a total trainwreck live. Too many voices, too loud. Both performances, MK and BG, were rather screaming than singing.

Iker

Veteran
Yes and yes, later Elena had a few more songs that were relatively popular, and appeared at two seasons of regional Your Face Sounds Familiar. Other than her Karolina Gočeva was pretty big as well, but her other songs were more popular than her Eurovision ones and of course the Legend Toše Proeski, who was a real big regional star with every single song being a hit.
Do you miss B&H participation at the ESC? I think you do. What was your favourite entry?

Shadowfuxcs

What about FYROM 2006 (Ninanajna)? I've seen people calling it a hot mess live, I don't think it really was, if one calls it that ways than 80% of acts that year were 'hot messes'. The song was catchy, but the styling & that choreography was bad but nothing extraordinarily bad.
I used to love it at the time but when I came back to it as an adult I cringed with the vocals the styling and the horrible choreography.
It is interesting that it would not have qualified for the final had not Serbia-Montenegro been voting that year without participating, but ended up as their joint-best ever result in the final.

Iker

Veteran
2005 :mk: was fun too, I have recently listened to it and it's a catchy & entertaining song still. Maybe though more of a guilty pleasure overall. But the choreography, those clothes - that is a tacky horror! I am pretty sure it looked dreadful for many other people back in 2005 too.

Last edited:

revallsay

Vasil - Here I Stand - North Macedonia

This song is s pure and innocent. Vasil is so sweet that I feel bad for not liking this song. It is sure nonqualifier.

4/12

Rasmus0714

Vasil's other songs sound so much better than this and YOU. Why can't he send song like Prikazna or Patuvam?

ag89

Yes and yes, later Elena had a few more songs that were relatively popular, and appeared at two seasons of regional Your Face Sounds Familiar. Other than her Karolina Gočeva was pretty big as well, but her other songs were more popular than her Eurovision ones and of course the Legend Toše Proeski, who was a real big regional star with every single song being a hit.
Let's not forget an excellent revamp with Regina: Ljubav nije za nas. A somehow forgotten song became a hit in all countries around. You can still hear that song on the radio in Bosnia.
Yes... Toše was a regional superstar. Probably one of the few artists at that time who enjoyed almost equal amount of popularity in his home country and other EX YU countries.

Iker

Veteran
Well of course, but I'd rather us not participate than barely try or do some shady deals. :lol: Ngl, I like most of our entries, but 2009-2007-2006 came to my mind first. :D
No 2011?! Imho by far the best entry of your country.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I guess it's fine, but not for me. :lol:
In my case it was only years after the contest has concluded when I fell in love with 'Love in Rewind'. I don't remember thinking much about it or being obsessed back in 2011.

'Lejla' in 2006 is one of the best Bosnian entries albeit overrated. I have realised how much it sounds like a discount 'Lane Moje' lol. It actually makes sense consudering it has the same composer, Mr Joksimović. And just like it failed to touch me back then it still does not touch me now (I have relistened to it earlier today). It is nowhere as good as 'Molitva', 'Oro', or 'Lane Moje' as far as typical Balkan ballads are concerned for me.

Meanwhile 'Love in Rewind' is so wholesome, feel-good and strikes me as unique for the ESC standards tol. I love the rhythm, melody, lyrics - everything about it now. xD

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Which past Eurovision does this one remind you the most?

For me 2017 :sl: 'On My Way' comes pretty close.

And it has a similar fate waiting for it most likely, which is placing second last or dead last in the semifinal.

Top Bottom