Even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind
I'm already cursed

She's a fairytale, yeah...
Even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind
I'm already cursed

Milos-BC

Absolutely the best song by far, one of the best ESC entries ever, and one of the best winners ever for me :D

Everything was more than great.

aletem

I did like it. It is a very nice song, but it was way too overrated. Besides, Norway had better entries (2006 - masterpiece, 2008 - great ballad and 2005 - great rock song and Bailar con migo was also a nice song, I liked it).
In my opinion, there were better songs that stood out on the final night and I am not very keen on the fairytale. Anyway, since Norway repeatedly produced some pretty good songs I believe it is fair to credit them as a well deserved winner.

TF100

Medieval barn dance that got old after 3 listenings as far as I'm concerned :shock: really, really, really don't understand!

94ayd

I was never a fan of this one. So sad to see it win the NF, the actual contest and with such a big difference. The guy is annoying as hell and looks a bit disingenuous to me. After half an year I started seeing some appeal but for me it was too much all together. :|

AlekS

Veteran
I think it was overrated but it deserved its 1st place.
The song is gr8 (though I liked it more in the beginning). Performance... hmm, I think that choreography was weird and there were many things that didn't fit in, imo... like fireworks and "shanson" backing vocals (not gonna explain what "shanson" means for ex-USSR, well, such backing vocals are typical for music in a bar or music on markets here).
Did I mention his charisma? :lol: I think that he could sing anything and still get the 1st place, imo this is the real talent in performing :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Alexander Rybak, last year's Eurovision Song Contest winner, has released his latest song and video I don't believe in Miracles/Superhero. His latest song is in Russian and the videoclip has been filmed in Moscow. Alexander has been enjoying massive success in Russia and Belarus since his Eurovision victory last May in Moscow.

http://esctoday.com/news/read/14769

VictoriaLT

Alexander! One of cutest guys ever. ^^ But I think he won not because of his song. He won because of his charizma. To my mind his charizma did bigger influence to his winning. Of course, the song was quite good too. It had a good rhythm and simply lyrics. "I won because I had a story to share", as Alexander said. :D

ParadiseES

I wasn't very fan of this song when it won, but now I see why this won. It had something appealing, though I think he was too screamy, overacted and the performance was too much overacted too.
It was also a scandal for the rest of the songs (most of them very good), this won by such a landscape :|

Stella

It didn't deserve so many points,but deserved first place.It was,I think,the most catchy song ever in Eurovision.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, Alexander Rybak, will record a song in collaboration with Paula Seling who placed 3rd in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 representing Romania. Rybak will visit Romania for the second time this year for another appearance at the Romanian X Factor show where the new song is expected to be presented.

Stella

I saw him last night at the Romanian X Factor...he was great as always...our public loves him :)

r3gg13

From ESCToday:
No comeback for Rybak
We met Alexander Rybak, the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, during his promo visit in Romania when he performed at the local version of the X Factor show. The Norwegian artist spoke about Romania, the Eurovision Song Contest, his plans for the future and his impressions from his participation in the Swedish Let's Dance! show.
Alexander Rybak won the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 with a record braking number of points - 387! Moreover, he received points from every participating country.
Three years after his victory, we met him in Bucharest before going to the rehearsals for the Romanian version of the X Factor show where he performed as a special guest. Alexander spoke about Romania, the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 and his impressions from the press center in Duesseldorf, his plans for the future as well as what he has learned from participating in the Swedish version of Dancing with the stars where he placed 4th.

Listen to our exclusive interview below :

http://esctoday.com/news/read/17956

Top Bottom