Contact us

New Zealand

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
2X0Nq9.jpg

:nz: Welcome to NEW ZEALAND :nz:

wFhanfI.png

New Zealand (Maori: Aotearoa) is an island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean. The country geographically comprises two main landmasses – that of the North Island, or Te Ika-a-Maui, and the South Island, or Te Waipounamu – and numerous smaller islands. It is situated some 1,500 kilometres east of Australia across the Tasman Sea and roughly 1,000 kilometres south of the Pacific island areas of New Caledonia, Fiji, and Tonga. Because of its remoteness, it was one of the last lands to be settled by humans. During its long isolation, New Zealand developed a distinctive biodiversity of animal, fungal and plant life. The country's varied topography and its sharp mountain peaks, such as the Southern Alps, owe much to the tectonic uplift of land and volcanic eruptions. New Zealand's capital city is Wellington, while its most populous city is Auckland.

New Zealand in WorldVision

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪

As some know already, New Zealand will soon be under the reign of a new leader!

Before we will make our return in WorldVision 71, I decided to update the opening post! xcheer

New Zealand will reveal more about its upcoming entry next Monday!

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪

New Zealand will reveal more about its upcoming entry next Monday!

Oops! :oops:

Well, it was probably quite obvious already, but :nz: will internally select it's entry for it's return to WorldVision in WV 71. I'm hoping to host some national finals in the near future, but there is just one song which I really love, and I don't want to risk it losing an NF. I'm preparing one for WV 72 however xheya

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 71: Internal Selection

Well, :nz: has finally sent its debut entry in! Very excited for my first edition. As said before I submitted one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists and I honestly couldn't think of a better début for :nz:! Hope y'all like it xheya

Dutchball

iFzZDBjm.jpg

9RWPRIqm.png

New Zealand is represented by The Naked and Famous and their song Higher! As I have said before, I love the band (I hope to go see them in February) and this is probably their best song - for me, at least. When I signed up for WV as New Zealand I pretty much decided I would debut with these guys - but then they started uploading new videos every other day :rolleyes: which made me doubt my decision, but eventually I decided to stick with Higher. I hope you enjoy the song!

Lyrics for those interested, even though the video is a lyric video :lol:

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

Love this xlove One of my favourite NZ bands!

Dutchball

As for the NF...

Hello everyone! As the WV 71 semis have now finished it's time to prepare for next edition. The :nz: New Zealandish entry will be selected through this small national final!

The entries:
1. Benny Tipene - Step on Up
The only male solo artist here with a relaxed ballad. Keeps playing and playing in my head.

2. Fungi - My Friend
An old New Zealand band decided to get back together a while ago, and this is the result!

3. Kimbra - Good Intent
Kimbra, a WV veteran, tries to represent New Zealand once more with this classy song. (The song starts around 0.55).

4. K.ONE feat. Brooke Duff - Same You
A nice rap track with a message about not having to change to fit in, with a great chorus by a beautiful singer.

5. SOL3 MIO - The Rose
These 2 brothers and their cousin deliver a beautiful rendition of a Bette Midler song.

Vote! Vote! Vote!
Send your votes to me, Dutchball, by pm or Skype, if we are friends. If my inbox happens to be full you can mail to [email protected] . Distribute these points:

:8:
:6:
:4:
:2:
:0:

Copy 'n paste list:

HOPE YOU ENJOY xcheer

Adrian

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 72: NF open on page 19!

I AM DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!

(you should have qualified and it disgusts me that other people are in the final!!)

ALSO great NF! Puerto Rico will obviously vote

Dutchball

5 voters + my own set of votes so far! Thanks so much everyone!

Voters so far: :it: ::blgr :lond: :pl: ::wenl + the :nz: home votes!

Standings:
1. 30 points
2. 26 points
3. 24 points
=. 24 points
5. 16 points

I'll try to vote in some NFs as soon as possible!

Dutchball

Bless these amazing countries for their votes to The Naked and Famous! xcheer

Semi 3 regular
:12: :neus: OMG xfaint thank you so much [MENTION=14612]Aditya[/MENTION]
:10:
:8: :lt: ::emro
:7: :susa:
:6:
:5: :gr: ::sthm
:4: :md:
:3: :in:
:1: ::atti :ve: :lv:

Semi 3 reju
:12:
:10:
:8: :ca:
:7:
:6: :au:
:5: ::balu :lond: :sc: :hr:
:4: ::wenl
:3:
:1: :pt:

New Zealand votes:

And... the national final for WV72 is still open! Hurry up because the deadline is now officially set to December 10th, 23.59 cet although I'll be lenient with late votes, as long as they aren't sent long after the deadline

Good luck to everyone in Canterbury!

Dutchball

The NF is closed! :D

Apart from the :nz: home votes, 8 lovely countries have voted! Thanks to :it: ::blgr :lond: ::wenl :pl: :pr: :paci: and :mx:!!

Standings in the end:
1. 54 points
2. 34 points
=. 34 points
4. 32 points
5. 26 points

Winning entry has been sent to :en: Canterbury with the runner-up as a backup xyaay

Dutchball

I may finally say it! We have a winner!

K.ONE feat. Brooke Duff - Same You
Winner - 54 points
My personal favorite! :D

Full details about the voting will be published in a while!

Dutchball

Well it took me a while but here are the full results of my NF for WV 72 xcheer

The full standings:

1. K.ONE feat. Brooke Duff - Same You (54 points)
2. Kimbra - Good Intent (34 points)
3. Benny Tipene - Step on Up (34 points)
4. SOL3 MIO - The Rose (32 points)
5. Fungi - My Friend (26 points)

Ties were broken by the amount of times an entry received 8 points, 6 points etc.

Full voting results:

As for WV 73...
I was originally going to host an NF for WV 73, and even had the line-up prepared, but the morning I was about to post it a brand new release popped up in my YouTube feed - and I decided to send it internally xheat. I'll save the NF for edition 72 then! xcheer

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 73: Benny Tipene - This Is Where Love Comes From

:nz: New Zealand in WorldVision 73 - ::wenl Amsterdam

Benny Tipene - This Is Where Love Comes From

Benny Tipene will be flying the flag for :nz:! After he was in my NF last edition, YouTube kept suggesting me some of his songs. One morning this one popped up and I fell in love with it. I hope you like it!

Furthermore, I have 5 songs lined up for an NF for WV 74 xcheer

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 73: Benny Tipene - This Is Where Love Comes From

Wheeee, the land of kiwis is back in the grand final for the first time since WV 69 where Gin Wigmore got us a 7th place, while still under the reign of Guilep. Thank you all so much once more xheart. I decided to send Benny in a whim and my rushed decision paid off clearly xheat

For WV 74 we will be back to an NF of 5 songs. It will be posted shortly!

Dutchball

Aotearoafestivalen 74

Welcome everyone to my nf for the upcoming 74th edition of WorldVision xheat I'd love you to help pick my entry, so if you have some time - stop by and send me your votes! xheya

The songs

1. Nesian Mystik - Sun Goes Down
I've discovered that New Zealand is home to quite a few hip entries like Same You, but I've promised myself to limit myself to only offering you one of those songs at a time. This one has a really nice "vibe" and instrumental!

Dane Rumble ft Jupiter Project - Not Alone
Nice uplifting pop song - what more do I need to say?

3. Sharon O'Neill - Maxine
Let's see, this song is twice as old as I am xthink That shouldn't matter though. I love the jazzy instrumental and Sharon's voice with her backings.

Ryan Enzed ft. Helen Corry - She Said
What do you get when you blend a producer, a beautiful singer and a bowling alley? Answer right below:

5. Avalanche City - Inside Out
Lovely relaxing entry with a nice music video. What's not to love?
--------------

Voting
Please send your votes either by PM, through skype (if we're friends) or, if my PM box is full, to [email protected] :D

Please distribute :8::6::4::2: and :0: points among the participants!

:nz: will cast home votes again; that is if I can decide what songs I like most. I love all of these xlove

The deadline will likely be 1.5 days before the entry submission deadline for WV 74 :)

See you xrose

Dutchball

Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 73: Benny Tipene - This Is Where Love Comes From 《》 WV74 NF page 20!

Thanks for bringing :nz: New Zealand to the final again for the first time since Gin Wigmore took us there :D all your points are appreciated. 22nd isn't high, but decent enough for my first final!

Hope y'all will cast some votes in my NF - so I can gun for a qualification streak xheat

Have some voting stats xrose

Final - Received
22nd place - 93 points

:12: xcookie
:10: ::neen
:8: ::balu :jm: :ua:
:7: :no: :mx: ::uusi :be:
:6: :cz:
:5: :uk:
:4: :nl: :pl: :it:
:3: :sobr:
:2: :lt:
:1: :au: ::ostl ::sthm

Final - Given
:12: :nl: Netherlands
:10: :paci: Pacific States
:8: :pl: Poland
:7: :be: Belgium
:6: :il: Israel
:5: :ca: Canada
:4: :gr: Greece
:3: ::uusi Uusimaa
:2: :in: India
:1: :ph: Philippines

Semi 2 - Given
:12: :nl: Netherlands
:10: :kr: South Korea
:8: :be: Belgium
:7: :br: Brazil
:6: ::neen North East England
:5: :jp: Japan
:4: ::iled Ile-de-France
:3: :ph: Phillipines
:2: Tatarstan
:1: :no: Norway

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: NEW ZEALAND / AOTEAROA ♪ - WV 73: Benny Tipene - This Is Where Love Comes From 《》 WV74 NF page 20!

::seen has voted! Delightful NF (well except for one song, but anyone who knows me will know why I say that... ;) ) Best of luck! xcheer

Top Bottom