Contact us

New voting system!

DanielLuis

http://esctoday.com/143629/eurovision-2017-realtime-app-voting-to-be-introduced-during-live-shows/

The new voting will be integrated with the official Eurovision Song Contest app under the title EuroBeads, in favour of this year’s theme. As each song will begin, a horizontal bar will be shown at the left side of the screen, featuring a scale of one to twelve. The viewers at home will be able to decide whether to give each song between 1-8, 10 or 12 EuroBeads and the current average from all over Europe will be presented.

The EuroHearts will count as 10% of the total vote, making the national juries and televotes to a level of 45% and 45% each.

”Seeing the huge amount of engagement during Melodifestivalen and the success of the app voting, especially this year, the Reference Group has decided to give it a try in Eurovision as well, in order to create more engagement between the viewers at home and the show itself”, said Christer Björkman, who’s a part of this year’s production. “If the viewers will see that their favourite songs do not get enough EuroBeads, they will be able to continue supporting it by SMS and televotes as usual”, he adds.

The EuroBeads mechanism was developed by UpReal, a startup company based in Copenhagen which focuses on live input in international levels. A short demo presentation featuring the entries of Sweden, Denmark and Iceland was released:

wsi-imageoptim-Sweden2017_App-1024x576.jpg

wsi-imageoptim-Denmark2017_App-1024x575.jpg

wsi-imageoptim-Iceland2017_App-1024x576.jpg

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
It's an April Fool's joke...

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Actually I shouldn't rule out the possibility that you're trying to fool us into thinking you fell for it in which case A++++ meta humor and well-played.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I have to totally agree with Daniel when he says that it's too early to be April 1st :p What's the point of a spoof article when it's not the day of spoof articles? :p

Chorizo

The next time Sweden hosts, it won't be a joke anymore and we will get a YouTube video in February informing us about the great new app voting inspired by MF.

FilipFromSweden

Everybody here is so scared of change. Remember that televote has only been with us for 18 years (out of 61!). I think the app voting, if done right (for an example, no indicator to how a song is doing and a voter can hand out 5 votes in total) could be great. People often complain that underrated songs doesn't get enough points: well, that's probably because that song was the 2nd or 3rd best in a viewers head, but instead the viewer called in for it's #1 favorite. It costs money to vote, and I think the mindset in a lot of casual viewers are ''meh, it costs money and it won't make a difference''

EscGeek

Veteran
i hope it's the april fools joke...

the app system ruined MF and gave jury too much power
A Dal is even worse :rolleyes:

henhu

i hope it's the april fools joke...

the app system ruined MF and gave jury too much power
A Dal is even worse :rolleyes:

Yes, if MF system was in Eurovision: jury winner gets 300 points, televoting winner gets 100 points.

A-lister

Veteran
I won't get fooled by another April 1st prank because it just happened to me already on this forum today :lol:

The app is a disaster for MF though so if there was ever such an idea, I hope it will never see the light of day, in MF this in practice gives juries even more powers because people are less cautious with their voting and the public voting gets so even that juries' voting will have the biggest impact in the end.

I hope they will take away this option from MF, so naturally I don't want it ever introduced in ESC.

Ezio

Veteran
If they were to bring app voting, they have to abolish juries or at least introduce jury app voting.

6,7% or 135 points of jury röstärnär goes to song number 10, 6,8% or 137 points of jury röstärnär goes to song number 2 etc. and the highest amount of 7,1% or 143 points of jury röstärnär goes to song number 4

ScarlettGirl

This is april fools joke, right? I´ve already fallen for one today, and now I don´t trust anything or anyone :mrgreen: :lol:

FilipFromSweden

I feel like no one here really thinks before they speak. Sure, the situation in Melodifestivalen has created small gaps of points between the finalists. Is the situation like that in Eurovision? No. It will always be a :12:-:1: situation no matter how many votes come in.

It doesn't matter if in Denmark, Macedonia gets the most votes with 198 431 and Latvia the least with 197 731: it will still be 12 points to the favorite. Not 1-2 points to every nation. The app vote could be done right, limit the amount of votes one can give with the app: for an example one can place 5 votes in total and divide them however. This would mean more involvment from casual viewers to find the right winner. What is the deal with everyone in this forum being so pessimistic about everything and scared of change?

MyHeartIsYours

I guess this is not really happening but I would definitely be in favour of this idea for the future! It's great way to make Eurovision more interactive and up-to-date instead of relying upon the old methods of voting every year.

Top Bottom