1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canuck

Canuck

Re: NAC 108 - Visiting Ukraine.

New Acadia 109

Tb3zVgU.png

The New Acadian delegation would like to thank everyone who voted for us last edition! Second place is the best that we've ever finished, and it's a great way to kick off our 4th year of music history. Hopefully you will enjoy this next entry as much as the last :)

Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better

sigi

Re: NAC 109 - Celebrating our fourth birthday :)

Happy Happy Happy Birthday

Canuck

Re: New Acadia's 60th Entry

New Acadia 111
Tb3zVgU.png

Thanks for all the support and friendships I've made over the past fifty-nine editions of NSC! Here is the sixtieth consecutive entry from New Acadia :)

The Wright Brothers - Blood on my Name

Canuck

Re: New Acadia

Mongolian_Musician.jpg

The morin khuur (Mongolian: морин хуур) is a traditional Mongolian bowed stringed instrument. It is one of the most important musical instruments of the Mongol people, and is considered a symbol of the Mongolian nation. The morin khuur is one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity identified by UNESCO. It produces a sound which is poetically described as expansive and unrestrained, like a wild horse neighing, or like a breeze in the grasslands.

Canuck

Pegg-Yamaeva-7.jpg

The Tobshuur is a two stringed lute from western Mongolia. Traditionally, the strings were made from twisted horse hair. The thinner string should be twisted clockwise, the thicker counter‑clockwise. The strings are tuned a fourth apart and plucked with the thumb and forefinger or strummed. The Tobshuur is traditionally used by singers of epics (stories) to accompany their recitation with a regular repeated pattern.
Like the Morin Khuur, the Tobshuur also has a repertoire of tunes known as the Tsokhilt (striking). Tsokhilt can be descriptive pieces imitating nature and animals or biylegee dance tunes. Biylegee is a nomadic dance form unique to Mongolia.
The topshuur is one of the original nomadic instruments due to its lightness and transportability. It has been used since ancient times, accompanying Mongolian oral history through epics and legends told across the central Asian Steppes.

Canuck

xheartxheartxheart I was planning this as my debut entry before :p btw, new version of the song and music video was released last week, it's pretty good too, although I think I still prefer the version you sent :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqZNh9w5bw
Good luck

I heard it earlier this week but definitely prefer this version xheart Both are good though.

Top Bottom